Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-08-09 18:02:27

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Strange truths about Gandhi and Washington

George Washington Embezzled Government Funds

According to the paperwork seen by the Clerk, the Father of Our Country started out honest, drawing exactly his salary of $25K during year one. But over the course of the second year, he took $30,150, thus embezzling $5,150. In his third year, perhaps suffering a pang on conscience, G. W. took a little less than his entitlement: $24,000. He made up for it during his fourth year, though, by filching an extra grand.

In February 1793, as Washington’s second term was about to begin, Congress passed an act calling for the President to be paid on a quarterly basis (i.e., $6,250 every three months). But during the first quarter of his second term, Washington took $11,000 from the Treasury.

Gandhi killed his wife

In August 1942, Gandhi and his wife, Kasturba, among others, were imprisoned by the British in Aga Khan Palace, near Poona. Kasturba had poor circulation and she’d weathered several heart attacks. While detained in the palace, she developed bronchial pneumonia. One of her four sons, Devadas, wanted her to take penicillin. Gandhi refused. He was okay with her receiving traditional remedies, such as water from the Ganges, but he refused her any medicines, including this newfangled antibiotic, saying that the Almighty would have to heal her.

“The Life and Death of Mahatma Gandhi” quotes him on February 19, 1944; “If God wills it, He will pull her through.” “Gandhi: A Life” adds this wisdom from the Mahatma: “You cannot cure your mother now, no matter what wonder drugs you may muster. She is in God’s hands now.” Three days later, Devadas was still pushing for the penicillin, but Gandhi shot back: “Why don’t you trust God?” Kasturba died that day.

Well, at least good ole George didn't kill his wife.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#2 2012-08-09 18:18:23

Gjelosh Shqipënia

Re: Strange truths about Gandhi and Washington

No one is perfect. Apparently mlk hit his wife. Nanë Tereza (mother theresa) refused to give people she worked with pain relieving medicines.

Is it twisted but i think it is funny to watch people writhe when i humanize their idols lol

g677957198_zpsfc50966d.gif

#3 2012-08-09 22:03:48

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Gjelosh Shqipënia wrote:

No one is perfect. Apparently mlk hit his wife. Nanë Tereza (mother theresa) refused to give people she worked with pain relieving medicines.

Is it twisted but i think it is funny to watch people writhe when i humanize their idols lol

Or their villains:
The single Jew that Hitler wanted to save

Some German Jews escaped the Holocaust by fleeing the country, others hid and some battled to stay alive long enough to be freed from the Nazi death camps.

But Ernst Hess owed his survival to the personal intervention of Adolf Hitler.

The Fuhrer ordered his SS thugs to leave the Jewish judge alone because Hess had been his commanding officer during the First World War.

Hitler looked back on his time on the Western Front with great pride and fondness so, while some six million Jews perished in the Holocaust set in motion by Hitler, Hess was allowed to live on the Fuhrer's whim.

His remarkable story was told by his daughter Ursula, 86, after a newspaper unearthed the letter sent on the orders of Hitler insisting that Hess was not to be 'persecuted or deported'.

A file kept by the Dusseldorf Gestapo on him includes the letter from the head of the Gestapo and the SS, Heinrich Himmler, dated August 27, 1940, saying Hess must receive 'relief and protection as per the Fuhrer's wishes'.

Himmler made a point of informing all relevant authorities and officials that the judge was 'not to be inopportuned in any way whatsoever'.

WsEkePS.png

#4 2012-08-09 22:52:31

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

George also allowed the first central bank and stole his military strategies from a french man(he was dumber than a bag of hammers).
History is full of half truths.
Also Ghandi's wife may have been a bitch and had it coming.
A slap just isn't enough sometimes. :D

Last edited by HeartofShadows (2012-08-09 22:53:29)

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#5 2012-08-10 01:07:57

Aya
Sweet Tits

Ghandi was a total dick to his family. None of his children ever spoke to him again after their mother died.

#6 2012-08-10 02:10:14

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

HeartofShadows wrote:

George also allowed the first central bank and stole his military strategies from a french man(he was dumber than a bag of hammers).
History is full of half truths.
Also Ghandi's wife may have been a bitch and had it coming.
A slap just isn't enough sometimes. :D

In Washington's defense, it's not like military strategies can be stolen. Even someone as celebrated as Patton modeled strategies off of others (in Patton's case, the Mongols). And the central bank I blame on Hamilton more than Washington, damn bastard.

On the other hand, both men did great things. Washington, despite his shortcomings, did win the war and was a pretty decent 1st President in most respects. He also refused to be crowned king of America by the army. Anyone who does that is okay in my book, although he probably should've been impeached for embezzlement.

WsEkePS.png

#7 2012-08-10 06:48:50

Efs

Pretty interesting thread. Never knew that about Gandhi or Hitler. Any more?

#8 2012-08-10 07:22:07

Maelstrom
Gagiit

I know that Ben Franklin was a bit of a womanizer, and that Guy Fawkes was actually used to coerce the British population away from Anglicanism, so that the Vatican would have control over them.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#9 2012-08-10 07:27:36

Swift
retired commo

Hitler wasn't a Christian, nor an Athiest.

#10 2012-08-10 13:21:15

gore
*looses shit internally*

HURR DURR HITLER WUZ AN ATHEIST SO ATHEISM IZ BAD MMMMMMKAAAAAYYYYYYYYY.....

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS.

366.gif
my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcMLs … CNoiL7eX1g
my deviantart: http://purpledrank666.deviantart.com/

SS official oldfaf.
fuck SS
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed" -Sharpie

"Honestly censorship Is good though it protects women and children" -Absent

"Not everybody think the free market be like it does, but it do." -white economics man

#11 2012-08-10 13:30:26

Swift
retired commo

IF GAWD DUN EXTINST DEN HOO ROTE DUH BIBELL???

CHECKMATE MOTHERFUCKER

#12 2012-08-10 19:54:18

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Maelstrom wrote:

I know that Ben Franklin was a bit of a womanizer, and that Guy Fawkes was actually used to coerce the British population away from Anglicanism, so that the Vatican would have control over them.

Eh, I'm not shocked much by the sexual habits of historical figures. They were humans, so they had sex. Hell, what I find weirder in some ways is that Adam Smith, as far as anyone can tell, never married and there's no evidence as to whether he showed any interest in men or women.

As far as Guy Fawkes goes, the fictional character in V for Vendetta who wears the mask is more the target of people's idolization as far as I can tell, rather than Guy Fawkes himself.

WsEkePS.png

#13 2012-08-10 20:24:50

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Smith was a possible celibate? You learn something new every day.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#14 2012-08-10 21:07:06

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

Thomas Edison was a thug con artist who stole inventions from other people and took credit for their creation.

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#15 2012-08-10 21:36:02

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Edison tried to cock block tesla like no other

#16 2012-08-11 02:05:39

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

SaintVicious wrote:

Edison tried to cock block tesla like no other

Metaphorically. Tesla, like Smith, was also one who didn't indulge in women. Although Tesla was specially close to a bird.

WsEkePS.png

#17 2012-08-11 03:18:30

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Columbus was an impatient, pompous brat with a severe case of megalomania.

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#18 2012-08-11 05:25:52

Aya
Sweet Tits

It's suspected that Thomas Jefferson had aspergers.

#19 2012-08-11 06:41:01

Derchin

And MLK was [possibly] a plagiarist.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#20 2012-08-11 19:32:28

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Eleanor Roosevelt and J. Edgar Hoover both were probable homosexuals.

WsEkePS.png

#21 2012-08-12 04:15:05

Swift
retired commo

Washington grew a shit ton of pot.

#22 2012-08-12 04:23:13

Maelstrom
Gagiit

SwiftEscudo wrote:

Washington grew a shit ton of pot.

That wasn't really that controversial at the time, though. I guess Franklin demeaning women wasn't as well, though...

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#23 2012-08-22 23:24:37

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Immanuel Kant (whom I dont' really like) apparantly died a virgin.
So did Isaac Newton. Bunch of prudes, if you ask me.

Fucc

#24 2012-08-22 23:55:51

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

It depends on the reason if they're prudes or not. For me, I think it would be easy to hole myself away in my studies or work and not care about women because interaction with girls on a sexual or romantic level is something I have practically no experience in or my experience has been somewhat awkward and painful. Call it being a celibate of convenience.

WsEkePS.png

#25 2012-08-23 00:17:37

absentinsomniac
Administrator

^ Don't  get me wrong, I respect many-a-virgin-scientists and shit, hell, I'm a virgin still, but I once heard a story about Newton. Apparantly one of his friends made a sex joke about a nun, and he got all pissed and stopped being friends with him. And I've read Kant, his whole philosophy is about rigid morality and shit.

Fucc

Board footer