Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-08-16 01:53:55

The
He's Back

I convinced my parents to vote for Gary Johnson

Neither of them knew the Libertarian Party even existed, so I told them about the three biggest minor parties (libertarian, green, and constitution). When it came to the Libertarians, they were digging the vibe, AKA feeling the groove, AKA picking up what they were putting down. I was telling them about the sexy side of the Green Party (no private property and state and stuff) but they weren't feeling the groove in that case. And it wasn't groovy at all when I told them the dumb homosexual side (ecoterrorist dealth penalty for litter). So while they're not super edgy and cool anarchist like me, they're getting there.

#2 2012-08-16 02:02:39

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Re: I convinced my parents to vote for Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson is for gay marriage too.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#3 2012-08-16 02:41:49

The
He's Back

If you're pessimistic it's called gay divorce. Like divorce, but gay

#4 2012-08-16 03:11:22

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Actually, I think about half of marriages in in divorce. So in some cases, yes. In other cases, no.

WsEkePS.png

#5 2012-08-16 03:32:01

RAWN PAW

Wes wrote:

Gary Johnson is for gay marriage too.

I say that if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you.

To be frank, that was kind of pointless, as third parties aren't really going to get an actual election anytime soon. However, more votes does result in more people knowing about them. Best thing to do is inform as many people as you can and tell them to pass it on.

#6 2012-08-16 03:36:47

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Heck might as well vote for a third party because the odds of one person's vote actually influencing the outcome of a Presidential election is so close to nil it shouldn't even be seriously considered at all. Sure, it's technically pointless to vote for a third party, but I'll be damned if I'll vote for Romney or Obama. And voting's fun, I get a sticker and I can complain about politics without people saying, "You don't vote so you don't get to have an opinion."

WsEkePS.png

#7 2012-08-16 06:14:50

Efs

Wes wrote:

Heck might as well vote for a third party because the odds of one person's vote actually influencing the outcome of a Presidential election is so close to nil it shouldn't even be seriously considered at all. Sure, it's technically pointless to vote for a third party, but I'll be damned if I'll vote for Romney or Obama. And voting's fun, I get a sticker and I can complain about politics without people saying, "You don't vote so you don't get to have an opinion."

In a large community, democracy achieves little sense of freedom for the voter. Well for me anyway...

The larger the community, the lesser your vote is.

Democracy in large communities is more about persuading the masses. But the masses are usually dimwitted.

#8 2012-08-16 16:21:56

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

Good for you.

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#9 2012-08-16 23:32:08

Thought Criminal

Well put Efs.

Board footer