Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-08-26 18:00:55

absentinsomniac
Administrator

The Idea Being...

Hi, I'm the EFO motherfucker:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dvZ0ACOjIzE/T … _teeth.jpg

HIDER.

Toothless, because we've got like 2 or 3 people who are wiling to run it but they have a base of exactly 10 members. We can't do anything without members, because the members ARE the EFO. We have to build up a big base of people we can contact for email-campaigns, talking to congressman, and shit like that. If I'm sitting in a meeting and say "I head up an organization who officially has 10 members, and we think more fredom should be introduced into education... No ones going to give a fuck, at all. If I'm sittin in there and I say I represent 10,000 in the country, they'll listen a little more, if I say I represent 10,000,000... You get the point.

If we start an emailing campaign and no one knows about it but the 10 people on the mailing list... We're not going to be emailing much shit out, and no ones going to care. At all. If we have a few thousand members, and of them 100 are competent enough to send an email to their senator, the senator WILL listen. Most congressmen have a rule: If more than a certain number, (I can't remember what it is right now), of people email them about a single issue, they put it on a list and confront it later on. I'm pretty sure that number is way less than 100.  Otherwise, it falls into obscurity and never comes to the congressmans attention in the first place.

Sure, we're going to have a guy who's supposed to go on facebook and try to recruit people... Sure, we might get a few members here and there from other places... But the EFO started because YOU thought it was a good idea. So why aren't YOU signing up?

Fucc

#2 2012-08-26 18:30:09

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Re: The Idea Being...

I am lazy, no saintvicious division, also don't have faith.

#3 2012-08-26 19:05:33

absentinsomniac
Administrator

BUT BUT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF DOING SHIT LIKE THIS IS TO HAVE THE MEMBERS THINK THEY CAN SUCCEED. IT'S FUNDEMENTAL TO MASS MOVEMENTS.

But srsly, fuck faith, I have mad skill no faith involved. All you have to do is put your email and stuff and hit submit lol. And be willing to send an email every once in a while. If you're too lazy to send the email, I'll write a pre-written one for members to send out. (Which a lot of organizations like the ACLU do anyways, so it's actually a pretty common practice.)

Fucc

#4 2012-08-27 00:01:16

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Not going to get too many members here. The culture of misanthropy or whatever is too deep seated, unfortunately. I'd suggest going to forums populated by libertarians or leftists and looking for support. Places where people already distrust school. If you can get them behind you, you can do something hopefully.

I personally don't know what I can do as I haven't signed up or anything, but maybe I should.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#5 2012-08-27 00:54:11

absentinsomniac
Administrator

^ I was literally thinking about going somewhere else like an hour ago. Facebook, too, but facebook is split up into a bunch of little groups that are hard to break into without starting out in that community and stuff. It cuts people off from outside of their big "friends" group.

Fucc

#6 2012-08-27 01:05:51

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Try the Ron Paul Forums. I have a few posts on there, nothing major though. Don't talk bad about Dr. No there though, lol. There are also other leftist forums I'm sure. Find one or something. A diversity of opinions is important.

WsEkePS.png

#7 2012-08-27 03:55:13

absentinsomniac
Administrator

You know what? This isn't really working. I'm going to "hit the streets". I'll talk to friends, people I meet, I'll make a flyer or two, I'll try to get people to sign up IRL and that sort of thing. Since everyone here has been stifled by apathy and apparently can't break away from the idea that we are, and always will be impotent, I guess it's time to move on.

The few people who have expressed interest in running will get the positions they want, the many who aren't won't give a fuck one way or the other. I guess /ss/ isn't our memberbase, like I kept trying to make it into. I'm thankful everyone helped as much as they did to get the website in place, and create it and everything, but that's useless if no ones going to follow through. I'll take a que from Koroknay-Palicz and stop trying to run this thing strictly online from a community. Hopefully some of you will help out, but I'm pretty confident no one will at this point.

For the record, I seriously considered, on more than one occasion, just abandoning the effort. I got pretty damn frustrated, heh. I didn't want my real name associated with it, I didn't want to have to be a public person, I knew no one wanted to put in any work, and I knew I'd have to put in tremendous amounts of work myself to make up for their slack. I knew I'd be a radical, and i didn't want to ostrasize myself. The fact is, however, while this community brought me into the anti-school world, it's being left behind. People like Sir Ken Robbinson, people at AERO, people at IDEA, they're the people who are going to help over-throw the fucked up education system. Not a bunch of apathetic intellectuals here for the social contact.

Don't get me wrong, I'm here for the same reasons you guys are, it's just that I somehow thought I'd be able to raise everyone here out of their apathy. Get everyone to see that the EFO is going places, but only if they help... But obviously that's not going to happen. On the old /ss/, threads meant to spur people into action were ridiculed. On here, they are either granted a passing "hoorah!" and that's it, or ignored completely. I don't know why I've always had faith that everyone on here would somehow become activists over night... Oh well, I guess it's way past time I make a decisions: Give up or get on with the damn thing. I'll get on with the damn thing...

Would you believe that no one has signed up? Like, at all? There's "10" members. Two are me, ones an actual member on here, ones my brother, the rest are from when we had the "email list"...

Fucc

#8 2012-08-27 19:40:52

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

I decided to join. I don't know if I'll be able to do a lot, but who knows? Might as well stay plugged in.

WsEkePS.png

Board footer