Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2013-04-02 04:29:15

loon_attic
Banned

Suffering in hell forever consciously vs. ceasing to exist

Nietzsche said that he'd rather suffer in hell forever consciously than cease to exist. I'd actually quite like to cease existing now... but Nietzsche was full of shit anyway.
This thread is stupid. Ceasing to exist is obviously better.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#2 2013-04-02 04:32:09

Efs

Re: Suffering in hell forever consciously vs. ceasing to exist

Maybe you two have different perceptions on "suffering in hell."

#3 2013-04-02 06:29:49

loon_attic
Banned

If hell was sex with succubi and extreme metal, it'd be way better than heaven.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#4 2013-04-02 14:10:25

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I definitely think non-existence is better than even a marginally negative existence.

Like, on a continuuim.

Life is bad. <------------------|--------------------> Life is good.

If you lie anywhere to the left of center, then non-existence is better. But, having said that, actually determining the quality of someone's life is pretty hard. How would you quantify it? Do the little things make up for the big things? Plus, how do you know things aren't going to get a lot better at some point and eventually outweigh the bad? Like Nietzsche  (based on that quote) clearly believed a bad life is better than no life. But I don't see how that can be, since no life is neutral while a bad life is negative.

Plus if hell is burning in fire, I think Nietzsche would change his mind pretty quickly once the pain started.

Fucc

#5 2013-05-16 04:22:04

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Well, if you were punished in hell as was detailed in Dante's Inferno (one punishment eternally), wouldn't you eventually become used to the extreme pain? If you couldn't experience death, then you'd probably become so insane that you would become apathetic and withdrawn, eventually becoming tired of screaming in pain after a week or so.

Also necro. If Hell is real, I'm gonna be getting my pitchfork doused in the flaming crevice of a dæmonette. Hopefully,  it's only Satan down there, and not the Warhammer 40k gods. Slaneesh needs to stay ten light years away from my bumhole at all times.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#6 2013-05-16 14:42:03

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Hell is the stupidest thing in the bible seriously. OMG YOU WILL GO TO A PLACE BENEATH EARTH BUT NOT REALLY BENEATH EARTH AND YOU WILL SOME HOW BE SET ON FIRE BUT NOT BURN ANY OF YOUR SKIN OR INTERNAL ORGANS OFF. THEN YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER AND STAY ON FIRE FOREVER. IF YOU ARE GOOD YOU WILL GO TO A PLACE IN THE SKY, BUT NOT REALLY IN THE SKY AND HAVE ETERNAL HAPPINESS IN A PERFECT CLOUD WORLD WHERE GOD WILL JUDGE YOU CONSTANTLY.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#7 2013-05-16 14:44:18

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

Heaven is a pretty bad place to be. Kissing God's ass and being abstinent for all eternity sounds quite ironically, like hell.

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#8 2013-05-16 15:03:10

RAWN PAW

I still wonder how people reconcile the idea of eternal, unimaginable torment with a just and loving god.

#9 2013-05-16 17:05:44

Sharpie
Administrator

I'd rather die than suffer for my entire life.

However, if my life is terrible for a period of time, i know it isn't indefinite and that things will, at some point, improve. In that situation i'd rather endure that terrible period than die, because life will be worth living after that period is over.

#10 2013-05-16 20:11:21

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

bad decisions for ~70 years?
NEVER ENDING TORMENT LELELELELELELELELE

#11 2013-05-17 01:51:41

loon_attic
Banned

SaintVicious wrote:

bad decisions for ~70 years?
NEVER ENDING TORMENT LELELELELELELELELE

you'd love that your dad would go through that because evil omg

sloth wrote:

Board footer