Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2014-07-24 07:42:22

Efs

Ritalin can help prevent methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2701286/

The studies reviewed above help us to understand how MPD has the ability to provide neuroprotection against METH-induced neurotoxicity and perhaps Parkinson’s disease through possible mechanisms involving direct interactions with the DAT and additional mechanisms involving indirect effects upon the VMAT-2. These mechanisms, summarized in Fig. (33), attenuate or prevent the abnormal accumulation of cytoplasmic DA and the resulting formation of potentially neurotoxic DA-associated reactive species. At present, it is difficult to quantify the amount that any individual mechanism contributes to MPD neuroprotection in vivo.

#2 2014-07-24 08:00:12

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

Re: Ritalin can help prevent methamphetamine-induced neurotoxicity

:|

I've been on Ritalin before. I felt zombified, it's harder to think. I just ran around on it. Ironically, they gave it to me as ADHD medicine. It, in fact, caused me to run around a lot more often.

a.

#3 2014-07-24 08:44:56

Efs

RammsteinFearFactory wrote:

:|

I've been on Ritalin before. I felt zombified, it's harder to think. I just ran around on it. Ironically, they gave it to me as ADHD medicine. It, in fact, caused me to run around a lot more often.

Hmm I guess stims can cause a little sensory overload...I wouldn't expect that from Ritalin as much since apparently it's less jittery than amphetamine.
I don't know how it helps with ADHD...I'd imagine it would be more effective to treat ADD where hyperactivity is lacking.

#4 2014-07-24 11:51:49

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

The others I've seen on it are extremely dull. They're like blank templates.

I once knew this girl who was bubbly, full of personality and humour, giggly... then Ritalin came and now she lacks any kind of facial expressions or emotion. Or even humour. Or understanding of things.

Recently the school had a book day thing, and she drew a South Park poster, very well done and talented, but what it depicted made no sense. Cartman was in a library reading a blank book and calling out the names of random authors whose work has nothing in common.

a.

#5 2014-07-24 11:58:32

loon_attic
Banned

RammsteinFearFactory wrote:

The others I've seen on it are extremely dull. They're like blank templates.

I once knew this girl who was bubbly, full of personality and humour, giggly... then Ritalin came and now she lacks any kind of facial expressions or emotion. Or even humour. Or understanding of things.

Recently the school had a book day thing, and she drew a South Park poster, very well done and talented, but what it depicted made no sense. Cartman was in a library reading a blank book and calling out the names of random authors whose work has nothing in common.

That sounds pretty fucking scary... ugh
You can just destroy someone's personality and humanity with a drug.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#6 2014-07-24 14:20:09

Baron

just watch out for pink christina aguilera monsters
Pink_Christina_Aguilera_Monster.JPG

hurr durr i'm a posturr

Board footer