Topic: Tr00 AI turing test comfirmeded

It will simplify matters for the reader if I explain first my own beliefs in the matter. Consider first the more accurate form of the question. I believe that in about fifty years' time it will be possible, to programme computers, with a storage capacity of about 109, to make them play the imitation game so well that an average interrogator will not have more than 70 per cent chance of making the right identification after five minutes of questioning. The original question, "Can machines think?" I believe to be too meaningless to deserve discussion. Nevertheless I believe that at the end of the century the use of words and general educated opinion will have altered so much that one will be able to speak of machines thinking without expecting to be contradicted. I believe further that no useful purpose is served by concealing these beliefs. The popular view that scientists proceed inexorably from well-established fact to well-established fact, never being influenced by any improved conjecture, is quite mistaken. Provided it is made clear which are proved facts and which are conjectures, no harm can result. Conjectures are of great importance since they suggest useful lines of research.

--  A. M. Turing

Note that we don't know shit about pre-conciousness and we don't know a damn thing about how these subprocesses work. We would have to understand all of it to construct data structures that bear real consciousness, or at least we would have to figure out consciousness itself. Consciousness we know how to look at and investigate, but how do you really approach the problem of pre-conciousness?

Remember that there are organisms with 800 neurons that we have mapped, and we still don't even know a shitload about how they operate, because there are so many intricacies and small logical possibilities that add up to huge problems we can't solve just yet. There are very complicated processes that we are only beginning to understand in roundworms, who have like 330 neurons ffs.

http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/2015/03 … responses/

“We found that the collective state of the three neurons at the exact moment an odor arrives determines the likelihood that the worm will move toward the smell. So, in essence, what the worm is thinking about at the time determines how it responds,”

There's a massively complex interplay here.

“It goes to show that nervous systems aren’t passively waiting for signals from outside, they have their own internal patterns of activity that are as important as any external signal when it comes to generating a behavior.”