Re: You are hunted by a russian billionaire for a year, can you survive?

absentinsomniac wrote:

That's fucking rad

Isn't it?

I would almost strike one up for Darwinism to people that join them if there were not kids indoctrinated into Sea Org.

Then again, I could see how they operate. They target people with a bit of cash who are lonely. Scientology has "classes", not the dry hymnal crap of even the most liberal churches like the UU. Nor the drama in neo paganism. And, more importantly, recognition. You can accept Jesus all you want. You can even go to the altar and make a scene of it. You don't get recognition or even buddies from it necessarily.

Just pay, become a being with sci fi powers in an epic sci fi struggle, awesome... here's fellow space traveler friends. You did not need those other folks around you, now did you? They are holding back the epic within... suppressive. By the way, we feel this next class is something that would put you over the top! We will love bomb you if you pass! Let's hook you up with a better job...

Scientology has "classes", not the dry hymnal crap of even the most liberal churches like the UU.

You'd be a surprised. A lot of churches around here have like, teen-targeted programs that happen at night and they have food and during the "sermon", they have someone who's usually  more exciting than a normal preacher who talks about shit they think is more relevant for younger people, like sex and shit. They also sometimes have guest speakers, and the music they have is like christian rock esque shit that people sing along to. At my old church, they even bought a bunch of play stations and couches and finished the basement for people to hang out in after the service was over. Seemed to bring in a lot of people.

Still, Scientology sure does have an interesting structure. I almost can't believe it fucking worked lol. Amazing what people will do for some community and to feel exclusive and special.

The history of the dude that created seems to very strongly indicate he is one magnificent bullshitting liar that con men might consider him a role model.

Dude commanded 2 ships, fucked up both, yet despite evidence that proves otherwise he is continually remembered as a military hero of sorts in Scientology(they claim he received a medal from Britain despite the fact it was only awarded during ww1 unless he managed to join navy as an infant it isnt possible). Ironically, his kids hate him and his "Church" but supposedly the bosses of scientology try not to talk about cause if you ignore it, it doesnt exist.

Lousy father, lousy officer, lousy philosopher, and lousy human altogether. Yet enough stupid rich people in the world exist to actually make him successful (though I hear his last wife had some good deal of involvement to the extent of orchestrating some fucked up things like spying on governments and even trying to plant false information to serve as a target to tarnish reputation of government that was anti-Scientology)

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

brainiac3397 wrote:

The history of the dude that created seems to very strongly indicate he is one magnificent bullshitting liar that con men might consider him a role model.

Dude commanded 2 ships, fucked up both, yet despite evidence that proves otherwise he is continually remembered as a military hero of sorts in Scientology(they claim he received a medal from Britain despite the fact it was only awarded during ww1 unless he managed to join navy as an infant it isnt possible). Ironically, his kids hate him and his "Church" but supposedly the bosses of scientology try not to talk about cause if you ignore it, it doesnt exist.

Lousy father, lousy officer, lousy philosopher, and lousy human altogether. Yet enough stupid rich people in the world exist to actually make him successful (though I hear his last wife had some good deal of involvement to the extent of orchestrating some fucked up things like spying on governments and even trying to plant false information to serve as a target to tarnish reputation of government that was anti-Scientology)

Yep, the Co$ has it's own Spanish Inquisition for those who dissent. As far as the kids, the founder could always shrug that off through "disconnection" policies. A Scientologist has to disconnect from members of his family sometimes to keep on the path to enriching the church.... er .. I mean, path to epic. L. Ron may have had to, too, as the "model spiritual tech" discoverer.

Still, a weird cult would be a great place to hide. Particularly one with a navy and a history of infiltrating even die hard institutions like the US Internal Revenue Service.