a.

Re: Terms you find annoying

Maladaptive
Mental illness
Mental disorder
Amnesty

a.

That's a lot of words to exclude from your vocabulary.

absentinsomniac wrote:

I literally could not hate a group of people more than I hate the people who use darknedgy.net

Autistic.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Ario wrote:

I don't exclude them from my vocabulary.

a.

RammsteinFearFactory wrote:
Ario wrote:

I don't exclude them from my vocabulary.

You probably do to an extent, right?

absentinsomniac wrote:

I literally could not hate a group of people more than I hate the people who use darknedgy.net

"I'll try to...."

What is wrong with just saying no or that you do not want to do something?

Another one:

"I''ll pray for you/ some other person/ some situation/ whatever".

I understand some folks may believe this actually helps. Maybe they are trying to be nice or are programmed to say it. I try not to be an "asshole" atheist. Kind of like "bless you" if someone sneezes.

But it seems more like they want to get credit for caring or doing something but actually doing nothing.  Praying is not going to pay someone's late rent, get them a job, make any buddies, cure any addictions, get them out of legal hot water, make someone sick better, or improve anyone's shitty relationships. Or worse, using someone's temporary misfortune to push some parroted belief system that does not apply at all and may actually make things worse.

I would rather people say, "Man, that sucks - good luck" than try to get stealth credit or a "I'm involved and caring" badge.

it's time to stop. That's not a term I find annoying. Just stop it

Green1 wrote:

Another one:

"I''ll pray for you/ some other person/ some situation/ whatever".

I understand some folks may believe this actually helps. Maybe they are trying to be nice or are programmed to say it. I try not to be an "asshole" atheist. Kind of like "bless you" if someone sneezes.

But it seems more like they want to get credit for caring or doing something but actually doing nothing.  Praying is not going to pay someone's late rent, get them a job, make any buddies, cure any addictions, get them out of legal hot water, make someone sick better, or improve anyone's shitty relationships. Or worse, using someone's temporary misfortune to push some parroted belief system that does not apply at all and may actually make things worse.

I would rather people say, "Man, that sucks - good luck" than try to get stealth credit or a "I'm involved and caring" badge.

I don't even say bless you and I'm not an atheist. I just think it's silly I have to acknowledge your sneeze.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

Happiness
Privilege
Disrespectful

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Fish20 wrote:

Happiness
Privilege
Disrespectful

Whats wrong with Happiness?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

sloth wrote:
Fish20 wrote:

Happiness
Privilege
Disrespectful

Whats wrong with Happiness?

Its subjectivity and the pretentious way in which it is used.

a.

But pretentiousness has little to do with happiness.

Unless it is just a short comfort boost because someone has it better than someone else, at least for a time. Fuck those people, though. If you find yourself around such folks, either move away and find new folks far from them or find out if you have some situation.

Happiness is fleeting, though. Contentment, though, is a very good thing as long as you do not get lazy with it.

Happiness or contentment is each persons responsibility, not others.