Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2017-04-15 07:16:49

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Do you ever feel like it's pointless?

My mind is always messed up. this whole world is just a point of view. I mean the way I see the world is so radically different from just one year ago. It really doesn't have any purpose does it? To live in this world, it is all survival. There is no class. You don't have a place in the world. There is no power. We are all either living or dead. We are all going towards death and we are all going to die. Trump is going to die. Bill Gates is closer to death than most people, but further from death to the man who will die in a car accident today. Our lives are so fucking fragile, and we get caught up in how people will perceive us. Will X person like me? They think I'm a loser right?

No one wins or loses. We all die. It doesn't matter afterwards. Who knows if anything is even real? Maybe everyone you've ever seen is an invention of your own design. Maybe you are your own god. When everything is laid out, most of it is irrelevant. You can take some substances and it can alter your whole world view. Even our minds are fragile enough to be influenced this way. Why should we worry so much?

I remember being 16 and I wanted to think everything was meaningless. I felt very free somehow, in that thought. It didn't matter that I said that thing in the past. The moment was over, and when the solar system turns to dust, it will have really never happened. No memory of it probably even exists except for your own. That bad thing you did, it doesn't even exist. The moment is gone, and only a vague snapshot is there in the hippocampus. The event you think of in your past, it is a fake.

So how meaningless can this get? Well if you can close your eyes and sleep and dream. That dream becomes the real world. Until you wake up, your perception is that world. That world must be equivalent to this one in your mind. You can't know what is outside of your own personal perception. Why try to find out? It is futile.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#2 2017-04-15 07:48:47

SilentCynic
Administrator

Re: Do you ever feel like it's pointless?

are you high as fuck or..

#3 2017-04-15 07:53:59

Fish20
sea creature
Website

depends
is going off/on antidepressants + insomnia count as high?
well i did have weed eariler but i think it's over now i think about it. that was like noon.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#4 2017-04-15 10:29:43

Obscured
Devianteur

You must blindly trust that your actions still have meaning.

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#5 2017-04-15 17:20:30

Green1

determining ones's meaning is your job, not the universe's.

#6 2017-04-15 18:19:28

absentinsomniac
Administrator

It's just a ride, where you can either go the default route or some other route
We're all just moving from one point to the next and checking it out

Fucc

#7 2017-04-15 21:15:56

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I don't think there's an answer to our shared perpetual existential crises, but acting and moving forward can shut that feeling up and get us living life again.

Fucc

#8 2017-04-16 04:31:02

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Id say its healthy to have an existential crisis every once in a while just to get your bearings and sorta refresh the cache or someshit.

Id say it beats being ingorant to the last moment then blowing ur beains out when the dam breaks.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#9 2017-04-16 14:52:55

Obscured
Devianteur

existence is overrated tho

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#10 2017-04-16 22:45:53

loon_attic
Banned

it's weird af

we'll cease existing

we are on limited time

bleh

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#11 2017-04-16 22:46:57

loon_attic
Banned

fragile flesh, living now

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#12 2017-04-16 23:49:02

sloth
WITNESS ME

Fish20 wrote:

depends
is going off/on antidepressants + insomnia count as high?
well i did have weed eariler but i think it's over now i think about it. that was like noon.

The insomnia alone is enough to get you insane, believe me I've been there. Strange things happen if you only have few hours a sleep / week over the course of months.
The antidepressants help with that process, I'd presume. Espicially if it's on/off.

It's only pointless if you don't destroy the Zerg in early game.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#13 2017-04-18 01:13:48

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

loon_attic wrote:

it's weird af

we'll cease existing

we are on limited time

bleh

Furthermore, our limited time is actually pretty damn limited if he consider the periods where we're most effective. Not much "peak time" to do shit in life. It's basically "do or die" with a few exceptions and that's assuming you live that long.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#14 2017-04-18 07:41:30

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I just really fucking hate this life and I'm trying to justify staying in it for the rest of my "time". Trouble coming up with reasons though. It is all pointless. I probably would have been happier being born as a dog or something. Like maybe even an elephant. It seems so less complicated for animals.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#15 2017-04-19 01:48:42

Green1

I don't know...

I think I would rather be a creature who can use tools and change my environment to some extent to my abilities. Rather than a creature who is either dependent or has to struggle a lot harder than even the poorest among us.

I do think people spend way too much time worrying. I think that is the problem.. It takes work to be happy.

#16 2017-04-19 06:57:49

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I wonder if animals have less capacity for sadness or emotional pain if they are less intelligent. Cause that is all i want.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

Board footer