Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2017-07-14 01:01:55

loon_attic
Banned

gun control

Hypothesis: In the US, gun control sucks because it lowers access to firearms to the "law abiding" but criminals/mass shooters can more or less violate the law as they see fit (black market, homemade guns through 3d printing/cnc mills), or if they can't acquire guns, they can settle for other equally dangerous or worse methods such as IEDs or chemicals

there's no doubt that the featureless stuff is total BS

unknowns:

how much harder is it to get high cap magazines now that they're illegal?

is a pistol with 15 round 9mm mags really significantly less deadly than muh terrifying 30 round 30 caliber clip in 5 second AR-15 without bullshit mag button to unarmed/unarmored people within 30m or so? I imagine it'd be like up to twice as effective because aiming a rifle is easier and it's easier to control

shit

muh freedoms vs a few lives

people saved by guns vs people killed, ie all the shop/home invasions and whatnot

gang violence and such is a bigger problem than mass shootings

meh fuck this

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#2 2017-07-14 02:58:49

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Re: gun control

The whole idea of gun control is judging everyone as guilty before they purchase a weapon.
Guns are dangerous lets just get rid of them!
Cars are dangerous lets just get rid of them!
Knives are dangerous lets just get rid of them!

#3 2017-07-14 03:12:04

loon_attic
Banned

SaintVicious wrote:

The whole idea of gun control is judging everyone as guilty before they purchase a weapon.
Guns are dangerous lets just get rid of them!
Cars are dangerous lets just get rid of them!
Knives are dangerous lets just get rid of them!

butt think of tha children ur just gonna throw away crhrildren lives because of your bang toys?

which implies they are useful and necessary for something... like... not being a bitch to the government and having the power to defend ourselves

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#4 2017-07-14 03:24:39

absentinsomniac
Administrator

which implies they are useful and necessary for something...

I mean, not everything has to be useful or necessary to be permitted. If everything had to prove it's utility to exist that'd be pretty dull and shit.
This is just a grey area where those who seek to increase safety and those who seek to increase freedom but heads. It's one of those issues that pits values against one another and arguments are found on both sides to support their case. I think. People pretend like they look at facts and then determine which side they're on, but really I think they check what values they have and then find arguments for that.

I honestly believe the factual arguments support pro-gun regulations mostly, but even then there's a bunch of judgement calls that need made. At the end of the day I value freedom on this subject more than I value safety for our society.

Fucc

#5 2017-07-14 03:29:05

loon_attic
Banned

and it may seem ridiculous for civilians/'militias' to fight against the US government/military, but look at Vietnam and the middle east lmao

sloth wrote:

#6 2017-07-14 03:49:26

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I feel like if it got to the point where there were a civilian uprising the U.S military wouldn't be in that great of shape. It's a democratically run country. Command structures are designed around that. If shit's fucking up so bad there's some kind of uprising I don't think the military would be capable of somehow staying in tact and fighting as one unit. And shit. The whole thing would fracture into a bunch of different pieces.

Fucc

#7 2017-07-14 17:40:40

sloth
WITNESS ME

Guns can be pretty useful. It's your background check system that sucks.

Switzerland has a better culture and stuff revolving around guns. Also in most cases it's the first shot that counts, so bigger or smaller mags make little difference (except for school shootings, where the perp would have to reload more often)

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#8 2017-07-14 20:06:10

loon_attic
Banned

but small mags LOOk DUMB and aRe no FUn :(

And with a little practice, a fucker can reload 10 round mags so fast that it wouldn't slow it down much in a mass shooting.
bleh

sloth wrote:

#9 2017-07-14 23:43:18

sloth
WITNESS ME

Congress is the enemy of progress. Get used to it.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

#10 2017-07-15 07:00:18

loon_attic
Banned

sloth wrote:

Congress is the enemy of progress. Get used to it.

As is most of the population <3 im so speshul eh not really, shitty voter and could know more about stuff

sloth wrote:

#11 2017-07-15 13:01:46

sloth
WITNESS ME

Help humanity. Cause a thermonuclear civic war between the east and the west coast.

God wrote:

#12 2017-07-22 17:58:58

loon_attic
Banned

youtube fukn comment wrote:

to add to my comment people go insane when there is no order I was around ground zero for hurricane Katrina literal ground zero not new Orleans flooding after the storm was over. and I've been deployed to Iraq Afghanistan and Colombia and people don't realize it but when it comes down to it people will shoot you for a few days worth of food for their families and not think twice. I've seen roadblocks after Katrina of cars stopped at gunpoint to siphon the gas out of cars to run generators for their families. the military didn't arrive for almost 4 days. really was no way in most bridges got destroyed and to many trees down. and they needed large numbers to get order placed. most Americans are complacent with their reality tv. but I've seen it in Iraq and Afghanistan if there's no food your family just starved to death. people will go crazy not being able to go to a grocery store. not even people know how to hunt or fish or even how to skin game and cook on a real fire anymore.  if the grocery stores ever stop there will be millions of people killed for the food in their houses. All the anti gun people will be the first to go. the police won't risk there lives. look at when Baltimore went into riots and L.A. did the cops stop it? they waited until entire streets and businesses were burned to the ground and it was over. they have there own families to worry about yours. hopefully it doesn't happen but Americans are in for a rude awakening one day. I know if my daughter was starving I wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in someone for food and I expect the same from everyone else

Unfortunately governments are getting increasingly restrictive when it comes to all things arms related, and it starts to include the more harmless arts like archery as well. The tragedy is that it will never stop idiots and criminals from putting people into danger or harming people. A major challenge for us is that those outside of the world of arms (be it collecting or practicing arts like archery) often frown upon those into these subjects. It's a hard subject to lobby for.

The way I see it: Weapons don't harm people. People harm people. And people will always find a way, either intentionally or unintentionally, to put other people in harm's way. We cannot regulate society into absolute safety, and for the sake of the quality of life, shouldn't even try.

This may sound weird but I'm 37 and just got my driver's license a few weeks ago. My first times driving on the highway in Holland with 120km/h I couldn't help but think: "Why is this even legal?" It seems unreasonably dangerous compared to the things governments actually worry about.

FUCKIN LIBERAL CUNTS BABE

sloth wrote:

#13 2017-07-22 19:56:45

Obscured
Devianteur

loon, are you becoming a mexican republican?

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#14 2017-07-22 21:33:00

loon_attic
Banned

kek

well I think most drugs should be legalized. just not certain powerful opioids like that shit that you can OD on with skin contact, maybe

and am not necessarily for austerity

guess I'm center right libertarian for now

I think I'm glad we have Trump rather than Hillary, relatively speaking..

sloth wrote:

#15 2017-07-23 04:58:02

Fish20
sea creature
Website

It needs but one foe to breed a war, not two, Master Warden,' answered Éowyn. 'And those who have not swords can still die upon them.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#16 2017-07-23 07:55:19

loon_attic
Banned

They're making a point about how semi-auto AR bans are pointless when a person could do as much or more damage with high capacity magazines loaded with jacketed hollow point self-defense pistol ammunition. This is exactly WHY they're banned for the general public unless you meet certain requirements, live in a state which allows NFA firearm ownership, and you have as much as $40,000 lying around to piss away on an overpriced novelty.

The unfortunate reality is, a person could have just as easily put on a variety of pistol mag holsters and walked into that place with two pistols and done as much or more damage. Many clubs don't even bother with a pat down and most don't have armed guards. Gun laws aren't going to prevent a psychopath from mass-murdering. Someone could have just driven a van packed full of gasoline or diesel through the front of the club and killed many more people. We will not stop extremism with misguided knee-jerk legislation.

This is not a time for political correctness. This is a time for honest and harsh talk about what's really causing mass-murder in this country. It's unfortunate neither side of Congress wants to get real and fully fund the socioeconomic programs that have been shown to reduce violent crime as a whole.

hard for me to be for gun control at this point

sloth wrote:

Board footer