Topic: But aren't leftists more racist?

Isn't affirmative action more racist than equally selecting employees/students by socioeconomic need? Why is there a government mandate to integrate minorities based on race alone? That is actually racist. If they need to integrate the lower class, then they should base it off their income, not skin color. How is it possible for minorities to have equal representation, when that is a contradiction? Then saying minorities have a disadvantage based on race, maybe it's a little tiny bit true. But the main disadvantage is class division. In the USA, Asian/Pacific Islander Americans have a higher median household income than Caucasians, yet they are a racial minority [1]. They are more of a racial minority than African Americans, by more than double. Then why does this racial inequality not prevent Asians from ascending the socioeconomic hierarchy? Perhaps the racial inequality of Black and Hispanic people in terms of socioeconomic handicap is based on the cultural and generational trends of poverty, not the prejudice from a social patriarchy.

Just speaking of the USA, African Americans are either from Africa directly, or descended from a line of African slaves or even free Africans. Nearly all of these people would have had ancestors that were living in states of poverty or enslavement, not 200 years ago. Hispanics and Native Americans also would have lived in poverty, or enslavement in fairly recent centuries. This doesn't mean that in the modern world they are so prejudiced against to be unable to accrue wealth. It is probably because historically they have been at an extreme disadvantage with lack of education and socioeconomic foundation in Civilization. Asians however, do have a much longer history of civilized economy. None of this is based on the person's skin color in this day. No matter your skin color, if your parents are lowly educated, you have a much higher chance of being lowly educated as well. If your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. all had low education and low wealth, then maybe it is quite likely for the trend to continue. And the racism in the past years DID disadvantage the ancestors of Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans. But is it really that racism is so prominent today, is it really because we don't have enough representatives of minorities in our government and workforce? That doesn't seem to be the case.

1 - https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2017 … 0-259.html

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

2 (edited by loon_attic 2018-02-19 03:53:07)

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

Perhaps the racial inequality of Black and Hispanic people in terms of socioeconomic handicap is based on the cultural and generational trends of poverty, not the prejudice from a social patriarchy.

And the racism in the past years DID disadvantage the ancestors of Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans. But is it really that racism is so prominent today, is it really because we don't have enough representatives of minorities in our government and workforce? That doesn't seem to be the case.

how though?
is affirmative action harmful?
Is there actual prejudice in the system? Maybe all the past racist bullshit does continue having an effect now. Is all this social stuff more harmful than a philosophy more focused on personal responsibility? can you magically change the philosophy of a whole group of people? how would it be beneficial? (It wouldn't be enough, or fair, given that there is prejudice and racial bias in society)
I think that previous statement is racist, if it assumes that certain groups don't have a "philosophy of personal responsibility"
lmao kermit

on the other hand, I don't understand why there's a need to do "racial positive discrimination" when it could be economic, while also fixing negative discrimination in the system. Maybe it's not feasible to "fix negative discrimination" without positive discrimination? is that the whole point of it, dealing with those subconscious biases?

More problems that could contribute to this disparity:
Education is very inefficient? In terms of how it could be in cost, time...
Maybe our society makes upward mobility a pain in the ass, much more so than it should be?
Maybe one of the ways it makes upward mobility difficult is racial biases, even social/class biases that aren't necessarily fair. i.e. on your resume: what university you went to, if your name sounds "ethnic", even if these make no statistical difference in how well you'd perform on the job. Or maybe the reason for the statistical difference is that discrimination itself :o

I've written stupid, even fucked up shit about Social Justice due to shitty assumptions and logic. It's also easy to virtue signal and regurgitate, though.

bunch of questions because I cannot be arsed to do a fuckload of research to answer them for sure/don't know shit.


just edit out the shameful shit lmao

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

3 (edited by Alistoriv 2018-02-19 02:55:50)

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

isn't working to counter longstanding racial bias more racist than doing nothing and hoping people don't use conscious or subconscious racial biases in hiring or accepting students?

Perhaps the racial inequality of Black and Hispanic people in terms of socioeconomic handicap is based on the cultural and generational trends of poverty, not the prejudice from a social patriarchy.

Did generational poverty drop out of the sky?

Asian-Americans are generally rich because the Asians that are moving to America are already rich.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

fukc

still it seems to me like affirmative action isn't harming anything

what ticks me off is Those People who redefine racism, etc
and what about it
wow
they aren't exactly hurting white people by whining about them on tumblr

universities are echo chambers?
more reactionaries because.. "the ideology" is flawed, or poorly articulated? so divisive
feels like a bunch of dumb shit.
kill all white men shuddup u racis cis het  (this is the best i can come up with?)
muh trump hurr yall wetbacks go back to mexico (easy)
but both are exaggerations of both "sides"? is the latter less of an exaggeration?

just do CANNABIS t o drop out of life

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

You say the main disadvantage is class division
But what about minorities that are actually worse off overall? Are their problems just because of...
* being previously discriminated affecting class, and continuing to affect them only because of poor upward mobility w/o familial support?
* bias
*dez nutsz

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

Alistoriv wrote:

isn't working to counter longstanding racial bias more racist than doing nothing and hoping people don't use conscious or subconscious racial biases in hiring or accepting students?

I don't see how racial bias could be the culprit in millions of minorities being in poverty. That's what I mean about the left being more racist. Everything is about race. They want to make sure blacks are integrated by forcing integration, rather than better equipping all of the lower class with better education and fixing lower class neighborhoods to make integration happen automatically. Unfortunately that takes time and effort, so they can just pretend that the problem isn't education/drugs/family issues and that instead everyone is racist and that is why the lower class exists. No, they can't get jobs because of subconscious racism, they can't get jobs because a large majority are not equipped with the education or social skills or job skills or stability to be effective in the workforce. It's so damn obvious. Please go to the hood and fucking observe, a majority are not going to be hired anywhere you have to interact with people. A bunch of them are on drugs or can barely read at a 4th grade level. I'm not saying their skin color, that's how many of them act. Not all of them, but the ones from the low income areas.

Did generational poverty drop out of the sky?

It's called the Cycle of Poverty https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_of_poverty

Again, the fact they live in low income areas or have parents who are uneducated is a disadvantage. Schools in low income areas barely get funding. Is that because of racism then? No. It's because usually a school is funded based on the amount at the school, and how well the students perform. Which is fucking stupid, but that's the way it is. And also low income cities refuse to allocate the money to a school because it doesn't make sense if all a large percent drop out. The left seems to want to cover up these things. They will say the reason these places are left in the dark is because they are black people. That we need to solve this race issue. It is not an issue of race, it's an issue of policy. Fixing low income neighborhoods does not benefit government, even at the local level. If they left really cares about minorities and "racial equality", they would try to improve the communities they live in.


Asian-Americans are generally rich because the Asians that are moving to America are already rich.

Or they are already educated. If this racial theory was correct, within 10 years Asians would be losing most of their money because they couldn't get jobs. It's not a question of race, it's of education.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

loon_attic wrote:

fukc

still it seems to me like affirmative action isn't harming anything

what ticks me off is Those People who redefine racism, etc
and what about it
wow
they aren't exactly hurting white people by whining about them on tumblr

universities are echo chambers?
more reactionaries because.. "the ideology" is flawed, or poorly articulated? so divisive
feels like a bunch of dumb shit.
kill all white men shuddup u racis cis het  (this is the best i can come up with?)
muh trump hurr yall wetbacks go back to mexico (easy)
but both are exaggerations of both "sides"? is the latter less of an exaggeration?

just do CANNABIS t o drop out of life

The problem is they are using their ideologies to distort reality. It effects everything negatively. We've already seen many of the effects of it. Now everything in the majority is oppressive. Men are oppressive. Whites are oppressive. Even straight people are oppressive now! So the solution to oppression is to take control of the oppression and then make everyone "equal". So it's just Marxism. If they make it so all Men and Women must be paid the same for the same job, what exactly does that entail? Does that mean no Man can get a raise without all the Women also getting said raise? What about bonuses? There is no possible way they could do it without getting rid of all extra pay incentives and career progression. How come he got promoted, but not that woman? Sexism. Now either no one is promoted, or everyone is. It's just like participation trophies. Now you can replace that Men and Women example with White and Black, or Straight and Gay, or Bourgeois and Proletariat. That's where this is going. It may seem like a far off dream for this to corrupt society, but the fact that the ideology has being pushed so radically in schools means that it will grab a hold of people in the next one or two generations.

And for the record, those are both exaggerations of radicalism. Most leftists and rightists are actually closer to centrists. Except the problem is that the radical left and radical right both have messages that reach far and hit hard those stupid enough to fall under the ideologies. And the radical left has more control over education which will cause a lot of problems in the long run.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

ideology is so powerful if you can guilt trip others with shallow moralizing and not-even-wrong statements

but i still agree with plenty of the so-called sjw bullshit
it's not all black and white

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

tldr this whole thread. Yes they are, they suffer from low expectations. Affirmative action was a bad idea with good intentions. Because now every black person in a good position has this shadow of doubt cast that maybe they were a diversity hire. Same thing with lots of women.
Not to mention its a ludicrous idea that the government can tell you who to hire lol. If walmart says no niggers. And kfc says "no whites" thats within their rights to do some IMO

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

SaintVicious wrote:

no niggers

so lolbertarian



Leftists, sociologists, socjuices argue that racism is subliminal. i.e. unconscious biases and whatnot, but so permeated through society that it continues to be significant. But to what extent is it true? Seems to me like people argue rabidly about it without knowing much, when it's such a complicated mess. And it's made into a further complicated mess with the way the whole area of study is poisoned with a lack of integrity, and just plain zealotry. Which just hurts the entire movement imo... and creates more reactionaries, because people have to see everything as "us and them", thinking that if something is wrong, then the polar opposite must be right

No. It's because usually a school is funded based on the amount at the school, and how well the students perform. Which is fucking stupid, but that's the way it is. And also low income cities refuse to allocate the money to a school because it doesn't make sense if all a large percent drop out

If you throw money at bad schools, chances are they'll build some shit but the quality of education won't increase. There's plenty of stuff about that.. but i guess, if the money is well used, for example in reducing the student/teacher ratio, rather than building a new sports facility, it can really help. But then you need those in charge to not be idiots

either way, schools are just inherently fucked up, man. they have SO many issues other than just money

it's almost like the powers that be don't give a shit if people are getting a good education
lots of criminals in inner cities? Oh we can get more cheap labor with private prisons
etc
the government totally controls the universities and is totally chill with the socjuice zealous ideologues, man?
affirmative action is just virtue signaling? to make it seem like stuff is getting better? because it's more talk than action? or is it

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

slipperyslopefallacy.jpg

can a realistic analysis of race not be factored into a broader class analysis? systemic issues like these generally don't exist in isolation

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populatio … viet_Union

oh wait it's not real marxism i forgot

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

wat
wait what's the slippery slope?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

the classic, you dont know you're racist, but you are. If anyone ever says that to you, tell them to fuck off and die.

Re: But aren't leftists more racist?

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-almost-all … n-Davis-10

victim culture so gr8 much justice
"sociology" lmao
feminism is patronizing
#edge

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.