Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#26 2012-07-29 04:10:24

Swift
retired commo

Re: Whaling isn't bad and you should be ashamed for thinking so

Aya wrote:

Also: I don't eat any other animals. I'm vegetarian. So you're the one who can go piss off you ignorant little turd.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the so-called environmentalists who say whaling is cruel, yet eat bacon 5 times a week.

Last edited by Swift (2012-07-29 04:10:35)

#27 2012-07-29 04:11:34

loon_attic
Banned

omg so cruel poor whales :(((

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#28 2012-07-29 04:13:27

Aya
Sweet Tits

1. You didn't make that distinction
2. You still think its ok to hunt an animal to extinction and disrupt its ecosystem because it's 'delicious'.

So yeah you can still piss off.

#29 2012-07-29 04:16:37

Swift
retired commo

Aya wrote:

Sorry.

2. You still think its ok to hunt an animal to extinction and disrupt its ecosystem because it's 'delicious'.

As long as scientists figure out a way to fix the shit that comes with extinction, I don't see why it's as bad as people make it out to be. Extinction isn't a good thing, and we shouldn't intentionally try to kill off a species, but it isn't the end of the world.

#30 2012-07-29 04:17:52

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Aya wrote:

So with all that said Wes, please tell me how it would be more sustainable and ethical to hunt whales in the same manner in which people hunt ducks.

I never meant to say or imply that the exact same methods could be used. Yes, there are obstacles concerning whales that aren't present when discussing ducks. That said, the success of duck hunting in increasing duck populations is important to this discussion and things can be learned from it. Namely, that wild animals can be hunted in such a way that is sustainable if the the right incentives are in place. What if whales were tagged and owned by private companies/individuals/foundations? Those entities would have an incentive to keep poachers from messing with their whales. Currently, whales are unowned and nobody has a real incentive to protect them.

Now, I don't want whales to go extinct, and it's a shame when an animal goes extinct. I think it's a laudable goal to keep them from going extinct. However, I also don't care if they're also eaten or owned and if those two things together actually keep them from going extinct.

Wes wrote:

No, nothing. It's not human. It's not even a primate

You're disgusting.

Disgust is subjective.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#31 2012-07-29 04:18:15

loon_attic
Banned

FINALLY SOME REASON
I don't really give much of a shit about whales either, but I think just letting people hunt whales would easily drive them to extinction. Cruelty... who the fuck cares?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#32 2012-07-29 04:19:08

Swift
retired commo

Lunatic wrote:

FINALLY SOME REASON
I don't really give much of a shit about whales either, but I think just letting people hunt whales would easily drive them to extinction. Cruelty... who the fuck cares?

This. Except small amounts of hunting would prevent extinction, plus give us food.

I've had whale before, it's delicious.

Last edited by Swift (2012-07-29 04:20:01)

#33 2012-07-29 04:19:29

Efs

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Aya wrote:

Sorry.

As long as scientists figure out a way to fix the shit that comes with extinction, I don't see why it's as bad as people make it out to be. Extinction isn't a good thing, and we shouldn't intentionally try to kill off a species, but it isn't the end of the world.

Killing of an entire species will mean that's one less species us humans can admire and study.
The food chain will cause imbalances and lead to even more extinctions and other species being endangered. And those species might even benefit humans.

There are countess reasons as to why a species ceasing to exist is a bad thing.

#34 2012-07-29 04:20:53

Swift
retired commo

Efs wrote:

Killing of an entire species will mean that's one less species us humans can admire and study.
The food chain will cause imbalances and lead to even more extinctions and other species being endangered. And those species might even benefit humans.

There are also reasons as to why a species ceasing to exist can be good.

#35 2012-07-29 04:23:05

Aya
Sweet Tits

swiftescudo wrote:

Extinction isn't a good thing, and we shouldn't intentionally try to kill off a species, but it isn't the end of the world.

>>shouldn't intentionally kill off species
>> is ok with hunting a species to death.

This ladies and gentlemen is an example of backtracking.

Also what part of " extinction fucks up the ecosystem" don't you understand?

Lunatic wrote:
Aya wrote:

You're fucking kidding right?
Get fucked.

By you? I think that's one of the average SSfag's dreams.
However, you imply that they're on the receiving end...

misfits.gif

#36 2012-07-29 04:27:39

Aya
Sweet Tits

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Efs wrote:

There are also reasons as to why a species ceasing to exist can be good.

Jesus Christ you're on A roll tonight. Seriously fuck the list I'm just going to take all your comments and create a shrine of stupid.

So please swift tell me what good reasons there are to ripping an animal out of its ecosystem and distorting the balance nature has created in its own habitats? And also why humans and not nature (via natural selection) should be the ones to decide which species live and which species die out?

I'm waiting...

#37 2012-07-29 04:29:38

Thought Criminal

BECAUSE FUCK WHALES YO!

Swift:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ddzmUpfAN8

Last edited by Thought Criminal (2012-07-29 04:31:12)

#38 2012-07-29 04:31:31

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw[/video]
EDIT: Found better video.

Last edited by TheWake (2012-07-29 04:33:12)

WsEkePS.png

#39 2012-07-29 04:32:37

Swift
retired commo

Aya wrote:
swiftescudo wrote:

Extinction isn't a good thing, and we shouldn't intentionally try to kill off a species, but it isn't the end of the world.

I'm saying we shouldn't hunt a species to death, but extinction isn't our biggest problem. We should fix the rest of our mess instead of whining about animals.

Humans should come before animals. We're the sentient ones, so naturally we should put ourselves first.

I know that, I'm saying with scientific research we can stop extinction fucking up the ecosystem.

So please swift tell me what good reasons there are to ripping an animal out of its ecosystem and distorting the balance nature has created in its own habitats? And also why humans and not nature (via natural selection) should be the ones to decide which species live and which species die out?

>kill bears
>no more bear attacks

It's nothing compared to the negatives, but again, if scientific research stopped the negatives, then it's a good thing.

#40 2012-07-29 04:36:28

Swift
retired commo

Also, about my 'backtracking': My OP was taking my opinion and making it more extreme, therefore causing two pages of discussion. If I wrote my point in it's longest and most sensical form, there would be no discussion.

#41 2012-07-29 04:36:44

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

1. Kill all the animals
2. SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

WsEkePS.png

#42 2012-07-29 04:37:39

loon_attic
Banned

sloth wrote:

#43 2012-07-29 04:39:15

Efs

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Aya wrote:
swiftescudo wrote:

I'm saying we shouldn't hunt a species to death, but extinction isn't our biggest problem. We should fix the rest of our mess instead of whining about animals.

Humans should come before animals. We're the sentient ones, so naturally we should put ourselves first.

I know that, I'm saying with scientific research we can stop extinction fucking up the ecosystem.

>kill bears
>no more bear attacks

It's nothing compared to the negatives, but again, if scientific research stopped the negatives, then it's a good thing.

You can't just cut everything in the world to focus on one issue.
Whaling is a big problem. We can't focus on it later because it'll be too late by then. What scientific research is going to stop a species from becoming extinct? Why not just focus on NOT killing them for now?

What other big problems do you think we should focus on? Just out of curiosity.

No, we shouldn't kill bears. That's stupid. Lots of bear attacks happen because some stupid retard isn't prepared or does something stupid. Even if it wasn't the individuals fault, it doesn't mean we just SHIFT+DELETE a whole species. That will just fuck up the eco system even more.

#44 2012-07-29 04:39:35

Swift
retired commo

Lunatic wrote:

inb4ayavomitsindisgust

#45 2012-07-29 04:41:58

Aya
Sweet Tits

Efs my step brother is a hunter. No rage here bro.

Swift -- What scientific research are you taking about? There is no technology that can bring back extinct species. NONE. And there isn't expected to be any technology for at least another 50 years. In the meantime these animals will still go extinct and their habitats will suffer as a result.

Kill bears --- no bear attacks? Really? Do you know how rare bear attacks are? You're more likely to be killed by a dog or struck by lightning than killed by a bear.

That has got to be one of the most retarded things I have ever read.

Last edited by Aya (2012-07-29 04:46:27)

#46 2012-07-29 04:43:59

Thought Criminal

The fuck? Nice shot on the kids part but you don't go and load the thing with arrows. You finish it off with a low cal handgun.

#47 2012-07-29 05:04:41

Swift
retired commo

Aya wrote:

Swift -- What scientific research are you taking about? There is no technology that can bring back extinct species. NONE. And there isn't expected to be any technology for at least another 50 years. In the meantime these animals will still go extinct and their habitats will suffer as a result.

I'm saying if there WAS scientific research, then extinction wouldn't even be an issue.

Once it happens, just eat and kill. No biggie.

#48 2012-07-29 05:09:50

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Aya wrote:

I'm saying if there WAS scientific research, then extinction wouldn't even be an issue.

What in God's name are you talking about? What kind of scientific research?

WsEkePS.png

#49 2012-07-29 05:10:34

loon_attic
Banned

wut if aelien rase populats Earth and liek periodicaly hunts and kills random people in invasions for food, breeds us in concentration camps and liek torture us and shit?
also they'd have telepathic powers using radio waves and would travel way faster than the speed of light and be just superior to us and shit, just like we're superior to animals.
I GUES DATS RIGHT ANIMLALS STOP HURTING DEM MEANIE ;_;

However animals kill each other anyway, for survival... but then, we kill each other anyway too... and not even for survival!

sloth wrote:

#50 2012-07-29 05:11:00

Swift
retired commo

Wes wrote:
SwiftEscudo wrote:
Aya wrote:

What in God's name are you talking about? What kind of scientific research?

Cloning animals.

Board footer