Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#51 2012-07-29 05:22:31

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Re: Whaling isn't bad and you should be ashamed for thinking so

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Wes wrote:
SwiftEscudo wrote:

I'm saying if there WAS scientific research, then extinction wouldn't even be an issue.

Once it happens, just eat and kill. No biggie.

What in God's name are you talking about? What kind of scientific research?

Cloning animals.

Even if it were a viable solution it'd probably be less expensive not to do it. Which is why one would want to avoid killing off a species in the first place.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#52 2012-07-29 05:28:08

Swift
retired commo

NUKE THE WHALES

THE FAT BASTARDS. LAZY CUNTS

#53 2012-07-29 05:43:18

Thought Criminal

Aya:
Paul_Watson.jpg

Last edited by Thought Criminal (2012-07-29 05:45:58)

#54 2012-07-29 13:12:35

Maelstrom
Gagiit

What even gives humans the innate rights to have dominion over all life on earth anyway? Domesticated animals and plants are ok, because many of them are reliant on human care and maintenance. But cetaceans, rainforests, big cats, ungulates and millions of other species?

Thats one of the main reasons why the Holocene extinction is happening. Sailors went to the isle of Mauritius, which was abundant with tropical fruits, nuts, and deer. And what did they do? Eat the small, helpless dodo birds, who became extinct in less than half a century after European landfall. These men had access to abundant resources, but chose the ones that couldn't defend themselves.

The sapience we possess is a beautiful gift that evolution has given us, but are we really the most intelligent lifeform on Earth when we have the capacity for a sustainable future, but we're still chasing around the giants of the earth, like the extinct mammoths of the past? Anthropods, rabbits, waterfowl and goats could provide enough animal protein for the whole world, and the men in the North Atlantic so reliant on whaling could create greenhouses, to sustain their appetites. This is probably just some idyllic ramble that I'm spouting off, but the moment we saw ourselves as separate beings to the natural world was when we lost our humanity.

Inb4 Shotgun

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#55 2012-07-29 13:19:20

Efs

Maelstrom hit the nail on the head.

#56 2012-07-29 14:03:40

Swift
retired commo

Maelstrom wrote:

What even gives humans the innate rights to have dominion over all life on earth anyway? Domesticated animals and plants are ok, because many of them are reliant on human care and maintenance. But cetaceans, rainforests, big cats, ungulates and millions of other species?

Thats one of the main reasons why the Holocene extinction is happening. Sailors went to the isle of Mauritius, which was abundant with tropical fruits, nuts, and deer. And what did they do? Eat the small, helpless dodo birds, who became extinct in less than half a century after European landfall. These men had access to abundant resources, but chose the ones that couldn't defend themselves.

The sapience we possess is a beautiful gift that evolution has given us, but are we really the most intelligent lifeform on Earth when we have the capacity for a sustainable future, but we're still chasing around the giants of the earth, like the extinct mammoths of the past? Anthropods, rabbits, waterfowl and goats could provide enough animal protein for the whole world, and the men in the North Atlantic so reliant on whaling could create greenhouses, to sustain their appetites. This is probably just some idyllic ramble that I'm spouting off, but the moment we saw ourselves as separate beings to the natural world was when we lost our humanity.

Inb4 Shotgun

>humans
>intelligent

I consider my dog to be superior to most humans. I wish more study was done on animal behaviour, It's quite interesting.

#57 2012-07-29 14:11:48

Aya
Sweet Tits

SwiftEscudo wrote:

I'm saying if there WAS scientific research, then extinction wouldn't even be an issue.

So basically you're relying on hypothetical future research to make your claim that animals should be pushed to extinction now in the present.

Congratulations Swift -- you fail.

Also a note on your cloning comment -- That ability is still decades away. What little bit of cloning we've been able to achieve has been shoddy at best. The animals born are small, domesticated, and often born with genetic conditions the original never had. So you can just forget about using that as an argument.

If I wrote my point in it's longest and most sensical form, there would be no discussion.

There's no discussion now. Your opinion is selfish, illogical and displays no understanding of how earth or environmental science. It's just fucking wrong.

You think that just because we're human that we should just kill and destroy with no afterthought because 'we're the sentient' ones. What you don't understand is that if we do that we end up making life harder for ourselves, because we will screw up the balance that nature has made for itself. It's in our best interest to protect the environment as much as possible and that includes whale conservation.

But of course you can't understand that. For all your sentience your only arguments here are that whale meat is 'delicious' and 'killing bears would lead to less bear attacks' even though you've probably never tried whale meat and there are less than 5 fatal bear attacks in the US every year.

#58 2012-07-29 14:16:54

Swift
retired commo

Aya wrote:

There's no discussion now. Your opinion is selfish, illogical and displays no understanding of how earth or environmental science. It's just fucking wrong.

What I'm trying to say is, I took a weird thought in my head, exaggerated it and hoped for a nice debate where I would try to explain my reasoning. The main reason I started this topic was because I was bored at the lack of political discussion and the lack of multiple opinions.

If you want my true opinion, I think mass whaling is bad. However, I find it hypocritical that many people complain about it, yet still eat other kinds of meat. I also think that it isn't our biggest problem right now, and that small amounts of hunting doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm going to stop trying to explain myself, since every time I do it ends up being a clusterfuck of shit.

#59 2012-07-29 14:20:23

Aya
Sweet Tits

SwiftEscudo wrote:
Aya wrote:

What I'm trying to say is, I took a weird thought in my head, exaggerated it and hoped for a nice debate where I would try to explain my reasoning. The main reason I started this topic was because I was bored at the lack of political discussion and the lack of multiple opinions.

>>3 pages in
>>huehuehue hay guise I wsn't bing srs, I h8 whale hunting. rlly!

Go fuck yourself

#60 2012-07-29 14:22:44

Swift
retired commo

Aya wrote:

Go fuck yourself

I tried, I don't know how.

#61 2012-07-29 15:06:41

gore
*looses shit internally*

SURE IS PETA IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

366.gif
my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcMLs … CNoiL7eX1g
my deviantart: http://purpledrank666.deviantart.com/

SS official oldfaf.
fuck SS
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed" -SilentCynic

"Honestly censorship Is good though it protects women and children" -Absent

"Not everybody think the free market be like it does, but it do." -white economics man

#62 2012-07-29 15:07:36

Swift
retired commo

gore wrote:

Peta kills animals. They sure fail in their department.

#63 2012-07-29 17:24:06

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Inb4 reinvention of the list.

#64 2012-07-29 18:32:36

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

4153321540_d97a8031c6.jpg

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#65 2012-07-29 19:48:15

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

gore wrote:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFtOMx8nDU[/video]

WsEkePS.png

#66 2012-07-29 21:47:59

Aya
Sweet Tits

This thread is now about peta...

#67 2012-07-29 21:57:35

Story and Myth

SwiftEscudo wrote:

If you want my true opinion, I think mass whaling is bad. However, I find it hypocritical that many people complain about it, yet still eat other kinds of meat. I also think that it isn't our biggest problem right now, and that small amounts of hunting doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm going to stop trying to explain myself, since every time I do it ends up being a clusterfuck of shit.

I think you succeeded in your objective. But since you decided to take the stance of ignorant asshole, and worded your first post like a troll, and inadequately defended your position, everyone hates you now. And no matter how many times you try to assert that a rousing discussion was your only goal, most people will only see that first post before going tl;dr and labeling you a total jerk.

“For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. Though its root grow old in the earth, and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water it will bud and put out branches like a young plant." - Job 14:7-9

#68 2012-07-29 22:00:53

Story and Myth

Aya wrote:
SwiftEscudo wrote:

So basically you're relying on hypothetical future research to make your claim that animals should be pushed to extinction now in the present.

Congratulations Swift -- you fail.

Also a note on your cloning comment -- That ability is still decades away. What little bit of cloning we've been able to achieve has been shoddy at best. The animals born are small, domesticated, and often born with genetic conditions the original never had. So you can just forget about using that as an argument.

If I wrote my point in it's longest and most sensical form, there would be no discussion.

You think that just because we're human that we should just kill and destroy with no afterthought because 'we're the sentient' ones. What you don't understand is that if we do that we end up making life harder for ourselves, because we will screw up the balance that nature has made for itself. It's in our best interest to protect the environment as much as possible and that includes whale conservation.

But of course you can't understand that. For all your sentience your only arguments here are that whale meat is 'delicious' and 'killing bears would lead to less bear attacks' even though you've probably never tried whale meat and there are less than 5 fatal bear attacks in the US every year.

SlowClap2.gif

“For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. Though its root grow old in the earth, and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water it will bud and put out branches like a young plant." - Job 14:7-9

#69 2012-07-29 22:08:27

Aya
Sweet Tits

SaintVicious wrote:

Don't tempt me. I've been trying very hard to keep than in SS 1.0

#70 2012-07-29 22:26:41

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Aya wrote:
SaintVicious wrote:

Don't tempt me. I've been trying very hard to keep than in SS 1.0

I thought it was funny.

#71 2012-07-29 22:28:11

Aya
Sweet Tits

You were on it.

#72 2012-07-29 22:39:27

Gjelosh Shqipënia

Dogs are great..... But calm down.

g677957198_zpsfc50966d.gif

#73 2012-07-29 22:59:39

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

As I was saying, whaling isn't necessarily a bad thing.

WsEkePS.png

#74 2012-07-29 23:29:33

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Aya wrote:

You were on it.

I also got taken off.

#75 2012-07-30 00:15:53

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

Aya wrote:

This thread is now about peta...

This thread is now about how cool rhino's look without their horns.

Rhino-horn-trade-2.jpg

Poached-Rhino.jpg

white-rhino-poached-for-horn.jpg

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

Board footer