Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

dropping a power line is a lot easier than buying an rpg in surburban america. let alone making one and being able to fire it off with out dying

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

SaintVicious wrote:

dropping a power line is a lot easier than buying an rpg in surburban america. let alone making one and being able to fire it off with out dying

That basically means cutting it down at the exact moment to drop it onto a mecha and make the connection, something that would be insanely difficult even if you weren't under fire.

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

Cutting it ahead of time? power lines dont lose power is just cut one end.

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

SaintVicious wrote:

Cutting it ahead of time? power lines dont lose power is just cut one end.

Well, the fix to that is as simple as putting some rubber on the foot or keeping an eye out for them, assuming the foot isn't armored. Not a very effective booby trap.

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

I feel like you are thinking about what you can do with a power line.

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

SaintVicious wrote:

I feel like you are thinking about what you can do with a power line.

Well, yeah. Wasn't the usability of them as booby traps against mechas the whole point of the debate?

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

aren't typo derp
if you can shut it down, i still thinking electrocuting it would be easier than aquiring an rpg

Re: KURATAS: the world's first civilian mecha.

SaintVicious wrote:

aren't typo derp
if you can shut it down, i still thinking electrocuting it would be easier than aquiring an rpg

An IED would probably work, too, if you put it where it's gonna walk.