Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2015-11-05 23:33:38

Derchin

You are hunted by a russian billionaire for a year, can you survive?

Overall rules:

You get a month to prepare, which begins right now. The billionaire cannot actively monitor you during this time. The billionaire is incredibly motivated to kill you, willing to spend millions of dollars on the search, and presumably has international government connections (via bribes, relationships, etc.) to obtain information that isn't otherwise publicly available.

Scenario 1: You start only with the money and things that you own now.

Scenario 2: You get an extra $25,000 in cash.

Can you survive? What do you do? Where do you go?

After the year is over, he will not try to harm you in any way. It's simply over.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#2 2015-11-05 23:40:43

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Re: You are hunted by a russian billionaire for a year, can you survive?

Is he allowed to take hostages? If so than no I'd die.

Fucc

#3 2015-11-06 00:00:16

Derchin

No, he just wants you.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#4 2015-11-06 00:24:59

loon_attic
Banned

would he be able to catch us if we hitchhiked to canada or some shit
probably

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#5 2015-11-06 00:32:29

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'd start by moving to my family in East Turkey, and then try to make connections with others. I'd choose to mix into rural and tribal locations between Turkey and India(I have a Paki and Afghan friend who could probably help me set up connections). Tribes, especially these ethnic Muslim tribes, tend to be a bit harder to "bribe" and are often found outside the oversight and supervision of most governments.

Then after a year is over, I'd hunt that fucker down.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#6 2015-11-06 01:06:08

gore
*looses shit internally*

set up tiny home innawoods like Varg abandoning all technology people could use to track me with. Either hunt for food, or set up small farm raising animals and have a garden.

366.gif
my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcMLs … CNoiL7eX1g
my deviantart: http://purpledrank666.deviantart.com/

SS official oldfaf.
fuck SS
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed" -Sharpie

"Honestly censorship Is good though it protects women and children" -Absent

"Not everybody think the free market be like it does, but it do." -white economics man

#7 2015-11-06 01:10:28

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

i already live near innawoods, just mass mre's and live in a potato bunker under ground.

#8 2015-11-06 01:29:31

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

SaintVicious wrote:

i already live near innawoods, just mass mre's and live in a potato bunker under ground.

Don't MREs cause constipation if used frequently?

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#9 2015-11-06 01:39:22

absentinsomniac
Administrator

don't worry we're pretty used to constipation

Fucc

#10 2015-11-06 01:45:14

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

absentinsomniac wrote:

don't worry we're pretty used to constipation

Now if you combine prunes and MREs, would that make matters better or worse?

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#11 2015-11-06 04:06:53

Green1

Problem is, a smart billionaire who has no moral issue with killing would start by going after your family members, perhaps to draw you out.

If you had no ties and kidnapping or killing relatives is off table, easy. Just be homeless or near homeless for a year. You could easily live homeless for a year for 25k. You may even do  a rooming house. Just avoid anything that would place you on a database. Stuff like ending up in jail, taking any I-9 job that is not day labor, using plastic cards, any utilities including cell phones etc.

#12 2015-11-06 04:09:02

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Green1 wrote:

Problem is, a smart billionaire who has no moral issue with killing would start by going after your family members, perhaps to draw you out.

If you had no ties and kidnapping or killing relatives is off table, easy. Just be homeless or near homeless for a year. You could easily live homeless for a year for 25k. You may even do  a rooming house. Just avoid anything that would place you on a database. Stuff like ending up in jail, taking any I-9 job that is not day labor, using plastic cards, any utilities including cell phones etc.

And staying out of Brighton Beach("Little Russia"):
6_newyork_buchhandlunginbrightonbeach_reck_l.jpg

EDIT:And the billionaire clearly isn't smart. I mean...why would he bother spending money to hunt any of us 3dark5edgy basement dwellers?

Last edited by brainiac3397 (2015-11-06 04:11:19)

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#13 2015-11-06 04:11:11

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

brainiac3397 wrote:
SaintVicious wrote:

Don't MREs cause constipation if used frequently?

people deploy for months on a diet of them, I think in the interest of survival you can deal with constipation.

#14 2015-11-06 04:24:29

Green1

I would also suggest the place to be homeless, because I would guarantee your current city would be looked at heavy.

I would avoid very large cities. Too many other homeless. Instead, a medium sized city with good public transit. Cars are just too much issue. Park it till the hunt is over. You need tags and most states are on the Driver's License Compact and DMVs communicate. Also, a lot of city, state, and county cops have license plate recognition devices.

Also.. a bit of tin foil hat: A few major city bus terminals like Greyhound have facial recognition stuff on the cameras. They caught a kid a few years back who fled New Orleans to hide in Iowa by quietly catching the 'hound out paying cash.

#15 2015-11-06 06:21:05

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Green1 wrote:

I would also suggest the place to be homeless, because I would guarantee your current city would be looked at heavy.

I would avoid very large cities. Too many other homeless. Instead, a medium sized city with good public transit. Cars are just too much issue. Park it till the hunt is over. You need tags and most states are on the Driver's License Compact and DMVs communicate. Also, a lot of city, state, and county cops have license plate recognition devices.

Also.. a bit of tin foil hat: A few major city bus terminals like Greyhound have facial recognition stuff on the cameras. They caught a kid a few years back who fled New Orleans to hide in Iowa by quietly catching the 'hound out paying cash.

I'd rely heavily on my friends. I don't know about anyone else's status with their friends, but much of my friends are pretty damn reliable(and with some, it's like a sibling bond). They also know many people.

Come to think of it, if it was absolutely necessary, I'm pretty sure I could successfully make myself practically vanish(especially with 25k to support me along the way). Maybe I could even sneak into that dirty ruskies home country and show up at his doorsteps(I mean it's hard to hide yourself as a billionaire). It may not exactly be something to brag about...but I amusingly know many "shady" people or people who know them.

Which is starting to sound weird. Hrm...I usually act like I don't know anybody but turns out I do. I shall term it my "underground network" who's door I haven't opened(cause underground isn't a door one should carelessly open).

Of course leaving the US would be bit of a problem since it'd be easily picked up on. I'd probably want to drive into Mexico with US passport. Then I can use my Turkish passport to get around South America(Turks are visa-free in every South American country) from where I'd have to find transportation out(probably on a cargo vessel that I'd have to bribe myself onto).

I'd probably make my way to Turkey(avoiding European territory), then take transport to Belarus, from there I can comfortably enter Russia(they don't even have border control set up there). Both Belarus and Russia are visa-free for Turks.

Of course getting into Russia would be harder had the billionaire bribed enough folk to put me on a list somewhere, but I'm assuming the lack of border control at Belarus means my biggest danger would be customs who probably won't harass me much.

Not everyone expects you to hide right under their nose...

(I put so much thought into this. I literally have a plan for most occasions no matter how unlikely)

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#16 2015-11-06 06:24:55

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I'm pretty sure I could last a year, but some of it is up to chance

Like getting out right away would be the hardest part

Due to my lifestyle I do have a lot of places I could go, and these are places that not even my family are privy too given the nature of why I know about them etc, and once I have some old contacts back, or even one of them, basically I'd filter my way through to newer ones and away we go.

Fucc

#17 2015-11-06 07:00:56

loon_attic
Banned

bs plan
1. fly an ultralight really far with a huge cache of MREs, thick clothing, supplies to survive in the cold and collect water, guns and  ammo/other self defense/hunting supplies and wtf into canada without getting caught somehow. wow how do i design and build a stealth plane that won't be seen or detected by anyone in a month in secret???!! TOTALLY DOABLE RIGHT
totally a high efficiency electric propeller and solar panels flying really high wut :| so high that air traffic control won't give a shit. bullshit.

Or maybe I'd just get into canada in some sketchy way through hitchhiking and mask my identity. I don't know. And then end up in some really remote part of canada with no one around

It's almost predictable that I would do that, though

2. underground refuge in some thick wilderness somewhere. really hard to find, like that one guy in maine who lived in wilderness for decades but without fucking up. I could likely still get caught...

3. survive on all that shit and off the land somehow, avoid any human contact for a year

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#18 2015-11-06 09:55:39

Sharpie
Administrator

i'd spend the first month wasting the 25 grand on drugs and parties then just let him kill me

#19 2015-11-06 14:30:35

Green1

A lot of people mention "friends" as part of a plan.

Problem is, this guy would have probably had you followed and tapped for a bit and know all your friends. Let's be honest, too. Friends can be made to backstab, especially if enough money is offered to take them out of the rat race and prop them up nicely.

I mean, be honest with yourself. How many of these folks are "friends" vs acquaintances? Most folks have maybe 2 to 5 friends. A lot have none. I am talking someone who would lend you 300 USD if they had it. Someone who would take off from work and come get your ass if you were stranded in some place 500 miles away. Co workers and classmates do not really count outside Facebook. Yeah, they are cool. Yeah, they hang with you and may even participate in agendas with you. But cool enough to turn down 1 M? Most of my acquaintances would quietly take the money and I would have Ruskie assassins coming..

To quote Emperor Palpatine, "Your faith in your friends is yours...(failing)."

#20 2015-11-06 15:30:17

sloth
WITNESS ME

I'd just take my cape, some rations, a certain book and go off to live in the woods for a few years. Take off with the motorcycle in the night and never be found again.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#21 2015-11-06 15:56:55

absentinsomniac
Administrator

You just have to make logical barriers between people so any one contact can't point towards another...

Fucc

#22 2015-11-06 15:58:45

sloth
WITNESS ME

Yet, a 98k would greatly improve my chances of survival.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#23 2015-11-06 16:48:41

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Green1 wrote:

Problem is, this guy would have probably had you followed and tapped for a bit and know all your friends. Let's be honest, too. Friends can be made to backstab, especially if enough money is offered to take them out of the rat race and prop them up nicely.

I mean, be honest with yourself. How many of these folks are "friends" vs acquaintances? Most folks have maybe 2 to 5 friends. A lot have none. I am talking someone who would lend you 300 USD if they had it. Someone who would take off from work and come get your ass if you were stranded in some place 500 miles away. Co workers and classmates do not really count outside Facebook. Yeah, they are cool. Yeah, they hang with you and may even participate in agendas with you. But cool enough to turn down 1 M? Most of my acquaintances would quietly take the money and I would have Ruskie assassins coming..

I trained my friends well. They'd take the money and then tip me off, probably passing on a portion of that money to me.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#24 2015-11-07 03:05:25

Green1

brainiac3397 wrote:
Green1 wrote:

I trained my friends well. They'd take the money and then tip me off, probably passing on a portion of that money to me.

But, Billionaire Ruskie is a smart one. He probably has 2 Masters degrees and a black belt in Russian Mafia and knows the game. He would make the 1 M dependent on results. Braniac, you may be a cool dude IRL to your affinity group. But, damn. It's 1 M. Particularly if they are working class and suffer. Now, if they are comfortable, a little less possibility. But still. Or the reverse. He could threaten to make life really hard (destroy business, etc) if you are not coughed up.

#25 2015-11-07 04:02:59

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Question is how he'd know who my friends are. Facebook? I got lots of people on there but I rarely make any posts(other than the occassional happy bday if I decide to sign in). They were classmates so he could probably focus on that though...

Secondly, many of my friends are themselves connected. Threats would probably create a situation of questions being raised along the grapevine. Would the billionaire be willing to draw attention to himself by shaking up the place? I have an ambivalent relationship with a certain Turkish movement located in a wide variety of places. While I've personally avoided them(because I don't like em very much) as far they know I'm just not fully committed. Being both religious motivated and ethnically motivated, would said Russian billionaire have a significant chance of getting around it without having others hear about it?

Sure, I avoid most folk in my network. I really don't want anything to do with them(because they formed through my parents, not through my own efforts). But the opportunity does exist to get sufficient aid from them because of my existing reputation among enough current members(especially friends whose parents are pretty high up the hierarchy of the movement).

I'm not saying I'm totally untouchable, but with enough warning, I'm in a unique enough position to get myself into a position that makes me a bit more slippery to catch. Coupled with my basic knowledge in certain topics(I'll probably experience more than a few trial & error occassions where I fail with pretty nasty results) and my manipulative habit(since childhood) I'd assume I'd have a decent chance of getting away.

Then it's just a matter of finding some Russians(and my family in Turkey know a few Russians due to having done business with em back when they were Soviets) to give me enough to figure out who the billionaire tracking me down is.

Of course in the end such an experience would probably ruin much of my life plans since it'd force me to move towards the more crimina elements of the world in pursuit of a)survival and b)revenge. So I'm not sure surviving would be a substantial win since the one year of running/hiding would really change up my life goals and ambitions.

There are really a lot more factors that need to be defined to make more a more accurate analysis and determination.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

Board footer