Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2016-01-03 23:21:46

loon_attic
Banned

SJW shit, political ideology labels

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10830055
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10830288
Fucking great okay discussion

As a lifelong supporter of social justice, the new wave of “social justice warriors” and their denunciation of healthy debate has come as a horrifying shock to me. Until recently, I believed that the fight for equality would herald a new age of empathy, diversity and understanding. Instead, many of my previously liberal allies have been taken over by the cult of victimhood and a collective fear of rejection. Like teenagers, they constantly check in with each other to affirm whether what they think is acceptable – and who can blame them? The consequences of dissent are excommunication from the tribe.

of this article

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … clnk&gl=us

For example, according to most of the Americans that I have met online, to be accepted as a “libertarian” then I have to be in favour of guns. Lots of guns. I have to agree that the act of carrying a gun is a liberating experience (I mean – what?) and certainly that it’s none of the government’s business. Every time I try to propose a different line of thinking (held by most sane individuals on this side of the Atlantic, including the majority of our own police force), I am simply told that I’m “not a libertarian”.

Gun rights is a liberty vs. safety thing. I guess libertarians are generally more about liberty. "Sensible people"... "own police force"? Hahaha. You just can't define sensible people that easily and have no statistics to back it up. And a lot of cops are corrupt dicks.

Offensiveness for the sake of offensiveness could desensitize people. It should be legally protected. Sure it can be criticized, but first amendment blah blah. Who cares. Brain spaghetti. Something about it making fight with SJWs and like, fucking. Something. Brings out what must be protected from those who cry against it, no matter how shitty it is. A sort of test of the freedom of speech of a society. But maybe not. I was thinking more of a satirical newspaper that posts totally disgusting shit and rape jokes rather than shitty death threats on twitter or whatever. It doesn't matter.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#2 2016-01-03 23:30:47

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Re: SJW shit, political ideology labels

Just kill all womenslimes tbh

#3 2016-01-03 23:39:20

loon_attic
Banned

how will we get asspussy and tits tho

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#4 2016-01-04 02:47:35

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

The sensible thing of course is for the government to be the only people with guns, the rest of us either owning nothing or mere pea shooters. After all, whatever the government says is by default sensible. They're the people, after all!!! The government is us. So if the police have guns, that's like you having a gun, except more sensible.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#5 2016-01-04 02:54:32

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

#6 2016-01-04 06:06:58

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

If a gun owner tells me he's a libertarian, I run away. I love mein guns and stuff too, but I like em cause tradition and cause I like em. IMO the US gun culture stems from fact that guns made America. New nations fear being overthrown by guns thus ban. Old nations used swords and shit.(not a professional opinion nor one with sufficent validity)

But realistically speaking, guns are symbols of freedom(except in hand of government ironically). Guns are like...amplifiers of power but also equalizer. Whatever the cost of the gun, the power the gun provides is substantially greater. At the same time each gun for the most part has no substantial difference especially in their use category. A rifle is a rifle. A pistol a pistol.

The only major issue are those who are unable to wield this power...because power corrupts(the weak) and this applies to both citizens n gubament.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#7 2016-01-04 15:26:29

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

"I like em cause safeguard on state encroachment over property and liberty" => Oy vey scary libertarian opinion, run away!

"I like em cause tradition and cause I like em" => Sensible opinion

Only in Turkmenistan.

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#8 2016-01-04 18:13:49

absentinsomniac
Administrator

The reason I like guns isn't my reason for keeping them legal. "It's fun" is usually not so great in political arguments.

Fucc

#9 2016-01-04 18:14:39

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

V.R. wrote:

"I like em cause safeguard on state encroachment over property and liberty" => Oy vey scary libertarian opinion, run away!

"I like em cause tradition and cause I like em" => Sensible opinion

Only in Turkmenistan.

In Turkmenistan, only cops, crooks, and insurgents own guns.

Everybody else has something crappier like their great grand-daddies musket.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#10 2016-01-04 18:35:41

loon_attic
Banned

Someone could still not like guns personally but support the right to own them. The article author doesn't seem to support the right to own guns.

It's a safety vs. liberty thing. The right answer depends on one's values. but think of the children!!! sandy hook!1!1!

sloth wrote:

#11 2016-01-04 18:47:38

absentinsomniac
Administrator

But statistically it's very difficult to pretend you have a consistent value system while maintaining guns should be banned for safety, as there are much higher death rates from many other things.

Fucc

#12 2016-01-04 19:08:33

loon_attic
Banned

u can just point at some1 push a button and take der life iz 2 much powah!11

sloth wrote:

#13 2016-01-04 20:52:59

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

loon_attic wrote:

u can just point at some1 push a button and take der life iz 2 much powah!11

But you get money for it no?

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#14 2016-01-04 21:19:41

sloth
WITNESS ME

Now yall niggas, I really ain't fond of gun control all that much. But, I have to be honest, I would've shot myself already if I had access to one. Not particularly because I was suicidal or anything, but to get rid of those god damned headaches. You know how it feels like to lay in bed with a fogged out brain and these extremly stinging headaches with only the hope that by god you'd pass out so you don't feel the pain?
Would've shot myself right there. But, Germany has gun control laws, and therefor I was not able to do so. Even if I had had a gun, it would've been on the other side of the room, impossible to reach in that condition.

So you could say I kinda feel obliged that there is some gun control in place. Things are built for the specific purpose of killing at any given point as long as you put a round in em.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#15 2016-01-04 21:26:18

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I mean, that's on you. I've got a gun in my closet and I've never shot myself. Shooting yourself should be relegated to needles. Drugs do better than bullets for temporary pain relief. Maybe a bullet does better for a more permanent solution but whatever.

Fucc

#16 2016-01-04 21:34:13

loon_attic
Banned

see guns are useless you can kill yourself with drugs we dont need guns
also think of the children

sloth wrote:

#17 2016-01-04 21:35:06

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

"The only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon." - Abbie Hoffman

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#18 2016-01-04 21:36:33

loon_attic
Banned

1380545_10153908177134614_4847323220346018903_n.jpg?oh=04b7e44fa52053e72779555ef1866213&oe=5747B317

truuuuuuuuuuu:;D ;D

sloth wrote:

#19 2016-01-04 21:55:29

sloth
WITNESS ME

absentinsomniac wrote:

I mean, that's on you. I've got a gun in my closet and I've never shot myself. Shooting yourself should be relegated to needles. Drugs do better than bullets for temporary pain relief. Maybe a bullet does better for a more permanent solution but whatever.

Believe me, I wished for opium or morphine that day...but did not have any, because I don't usually do that shit.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#20 2016-01-04 22:29:31

absentinsomniac
Administrator

>> not being a useless drain on society

pleb

Fucc

#21 2016-01-04 22:30:49

loon_attic
Banned

>>not being dead
wjats wrnng with me

sloth wrote:

#22 2016-01-04 22:31:43

absentinsomniac
Administrator

only 1 suicide per year so you'll have to wait at least another year it's in the laws look it up

Fucc

#23 2016-01-05 15:58:55

Green1

Silly kids. Folks are making damn good livings off of this shit in no stress jobs with 50 tons of autonomy. All it takes is a modern computer that can compress and upload video, a twitter account, a voice that does not stutter or grate on folks, and social media accounts.

All this is ad click/ YT view clickbait. A feedback loop where pundits for one side say stuff to rile up the other side with folks keeping track of the drama.

The solution?

Don't date or hang or engage around the bitter or misanthropic. Eventually, they will have to fly right or change their attitudes to something a bit more sane or be relegated to crazy cat ladies in a low income apartment due to bad social skills. Or become butch dykes and be happier if they hate anything white male that much.

I thought most folks on the internet knew by now not to feed the trolls. Particularly boobie trolls.

If they are "victims", you give them what they really want. An income for being a "victim" that earns a living for saying unrealistic stuff.

#24 2016-01-05 16:00:20

Green1

]Silly kids. Folks are making damn good livings off of this shit in no stress jobs with 50 tons of autonomy. All it takes is a modern computer that can compress and upload video, a twitter account, a voice that does not stutter or grate on folks, and social media accounts.

All this is ad click/ YT view clickbait. A feedback loop where pundits for one side say stuff to rile up the other side with folks keeping track of the drama.

The solution?

Don't date or hang or engage around the bitter or misanthropic. Eventually, they will have to fly right or change their attitudes to something a bit more sane or be relegated to crazy cat ladies in a low income apartment due to bad social skills. Or become interracial butch dykes and be happier if they hate anything white male that much.

I thought most folks on the internet knew by now not to feed the trolls. Particularly boobie trolls.

If they are "victims", you give them what they really want. An income for being a "victim" that earns a living for saying unrealistic stuff. Or, in most of the cases, aspiring to become like these people because they are examples of successful folks through osmosis.

Last edited by Green1 (2016-01-05 16:02:30)

Board footer