Topic: The Rise of Skynet

The man is a known robo-bully. He'll be the death of us all!

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

Re: The Rise of Skynet

But... is it cheaper to just feed, pay, arm, and clothe a kid with no realistic hopes for jobs or build, maintain, and pay high dollar for maintenance on these things that are dumb as bricks and trip and fall?

Much better to maintain incubation areas where you restrict birth control, keep folks poor, and have few jobs.

Yeah, unless it becomes cheaper in the future to produce these. Which would be fine if the economy adjusted or we adjusted it manually somehow to provide for everyone who's out of work.

Much of their stuff is going to the military anyway since they're doing it with DARPA funding(DARPA no longer being an institution but rather a grant-providing organization to companies and institutions that offer "worthy" research projects).

The bipedal ones are probably platforms to test out their programming and designs since it doesn't do much more than pick up boxes, balance itself, and open doors.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

For some reason I feel bad for the robot when the guy fucks with his box.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

https://i.imgur.com/WsEkePS.png

TheWake wrote:

For some reason I feel bad for the robot when the guy fucks with his box.

Pretty sure lots of folk did. It's funny how so many can empathize with a machine lacking consciousness and being a relatively new thing at that.

I guess it could be considered "good news" though that we probably won't be totally oppressive dicks when robots gain self-awareness.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

Ill just post here instead of new thread.

I was looking at microprocessor stuff and then something called FPGA and then hardrive language(HDL I forget full name). My brain hurts but Im interested. For some reason I have more interest in hardaare than soft though If I ever get around to learning computer stuff, hardware might  lead me to software.

The immense practical usage of computer brains is tempting. Its the keyish to the future probably. Or at least makes me look smarter when Im throwing around fancy ass computer abbreviations.

I cant imagine what it takes to program a robbit...

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

brainiac3397 wrote:

Ill just post here instead of new thread.

I was looking at microprocessor stuff and then something called FPGA and then hardrive language(HDL I forget full name). My brain hurts but Im interested. For some reason I have more interest in hardaare than soft though If I ever get around to learning computer stuff, hardware might  lead me to software.

The immense practical usage of computer brains is tempting. Its the keyish to the future probably. Or at least makes me look smarter when Im throwing around fancy ass computer abbreviations.

I cant imagine what it takes to program a robbit...

robot hobbit?

uh i guess either VHDL or Verilog but there's some other hardware description languages, you should try that xilinx thing, they have a free whatever. learn about logic gates, boolean algebra, etc and how to design a cpu bleh

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.