Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2016-03-26 09:46:09

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Does everyone know life is meaningless?

I think it's somewhat hard to believe that anyone over 20 at this point doesn't recognize that life is meaningless, deep down. Do you think the majority of people at this point have this feeling, or do you think the majority of people still believe life has intrinsic meaning beyond our own creation?

Fucc

#2 2016-03-26 12:37:18

Jop

Re: Does everyone know life is meaningless?

"Our own creation"?

#3 2016-03-26 13:01:59

Derchin

Most people do, but just don't care or couldn't be bothered to make it out to be such a big deal.

Last edited by Derchin (2016-03-26 19:36:18)

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#4 2016-03-26 13:02:09

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

le implicit deism

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#5 2016-03-26 13:35:53

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

Derchin wrote:

Most people do, but just don't are or couldn't be bothered to make it a big deal.

More of a latter I think. Objectively, it doesn't have any meaning but the point is that the meaning is in the eyes of the beholder. Go figure out the meaning of your life, what are you going to do with it, what do you want to do with it, how are you going to do that and so forth.

It's all chemicals, give the gift of chemicals and you will receive.. or something

iidon't know. FUCK, SHE'S A FUCKING NORMIE. THE GRILL I SPOKE TO IS A FUCKING NORMIE.

SHE THINKS PEPES ORIGINATED FROM REDDIT

a.

#6 2016-03-26 13:46:43

Ario
Deviant

RammsteinFearFactory wrote:

iidon't know. FUCK, SHE'S A FUCKING NORMIE. THE GRILL I SPOKE TO IS A FUCKING NORMIE.

And....?

absentinsomniac wrote:

I literally could not hate a group of people more than I hate the people who use darknedgy.net

#7 2016-03-26 13:48:14

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

Ario wrote:
RammsteinFearFactory wrote:

And....?

I used to be obsessed with her, shush

a.

#8 2016-03-26 16:11:51

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Don't even know what life is but trying to find meaning psh...

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#9 2016-03-26 19:31:15

RedOak
Fuck

You're supposed to be a breeding fuck and contriboot to muh society or some shit I think. Or really just do something you fucking hate because unnecessary misery seems to be what's branded as a meaningful life.

#10 2016-03-26 19:33:16

loon_attic
Banned

RedOak wrote:

You're supposed to be a breeding fuck and contriboot to muh society or some shit I think. Or really just do something you fucking hate because unnecessary misery seems to be what's branded as a meaningful life.

i know right
my horn bow is my life but i hav 2 go 2 skool and get a digri and focus on muh grades before... oh right, getting a job and not having time to shoot

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#11 2016-03-26 19:38:06

RedOak
Fuck

loon_attic wrote:
RedOak wrote:

i know right
my horn bow is my life but i hav 2 go 2 skool and get a digri and focus on muh grades before... oh right, getting a job and not having time to shoot

Haha whiner I bet u think ther should be a free lunch. NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH STOOBID MILLENIAL

#12 2016-03-26 19:50:10

Jop

RedOak wrote:

You're supposed to be a breeding fuck

TO THE CONTRARY! OVERPOPULATION! You do know that we don't have enough teachers to indoctrinate so many children and we don't want to allow rebellion to form the universe is a small space and we will all be packed like a can of fish if we don't sterilize you!

Last edited by Jop (2016-03-26 19:50:45)

#13 2016-03-26 19:53:20

RedOak
Fuck

Jop wrote:
RedOak wrote:

You're supposed to be a breeding fuck

TO THE CONTRARY! OVERPOPULATION! You do know that we don't have enough teachers to indoctrinate so many children and we don't want to allow rebellion to form the universe is a small space and we will all be packed like a can of fish if we don't sterilize you!

Oh shit am I working with the UN to sterilize the white man now?

#14 2016-03-26 20:40:54

Green1

absentinsomniac wrote:

I think it's somewhat hard to believe that anyone over 20 at this point doesn't recognize that life is meaningless, deep down. Do you think the majority of people at this point have this feeling, or do you think the majority of people still believe life has intrinsic meaning beyond our own creation?

It is up to you do define this meaning. Someone else's meaning may not be yours. Meanings can also intertwine and become families, groups, movements, and nations.

Of course, if you choose not to, there are plenty of groups and people that will do this for you. Their meaning may or may not contribute to you. And, this meaning can change as more information is available and conditions change..

Now, barring something out of old Heinlein novels where folks inject longevity vaccines every 30 years to look like 20 year olds and are essentially immortal (but not invulnerable), you are here for quite some time. Do you want to spend it whining and moping or making the best of it?  Or change reality within your abilities?

We are powerful animals.

#15 2016-03-26 22:34:30

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

I think this directly ties in with the depression epidemic that's growing larger, before people didn't mind subjecting themselves to lifes bullshit because they thought they were going to get an ultimate reward(heaven) and all their deeds were working towards this. Now its just becoming more and more apparent that life is pointless and all these hardships don't add up to anything tangible. Sure hard work can get you somewhere, but it has nothing on a luck, or nepotism.

#16 2016-03-26 22:40:11

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

We are all animals. Filthy brutal animals. Disgusting destructive animals. FUCKING ANIMALS!

Just kidding I really dont care. Im busy with my thing everyone else busy with theirs and where is the damn apocalypse when you need it? Another great flood but this time...no ark. Flush the Earth clean!

Or space travel. Id settle for having a new frontier to go to and ditch the craplife for a crappier life full of opportunities. Humanity needs a frontier. We need to expand. Otherwise we just start killing each other like crazy.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#17 2016-03-26 23:57:09

loon_attic
Banned

Is lack of belief in heaven really the reason why there's a depression epidemic? Because I doubt that life was much better...
Could also be computers. They're pretty depressing, I think.
Also that my fucking thing broke and I want to hang myself now. But I won't. Most likely.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#18 2016-03-27 00:37:54

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

What the fuck are you kids going on about?

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#19 2016-03-27 00:48:39

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

We've always believed in some kind of heaven or ultimate conclusion. Either an enlightenment, or afterlife, or some kind of soul pool.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#20 2016-03-27 01:40:40

loon_attic
Banned

TheWake wrote:

The spoon that slays monsters is always the last to enter the mouth, and the first to leave. Nor do eyes in the back one's head mean that one can walk backwards... do the knees bend that way? Do the shoes point heavenward? No, we are stuck falling forward until we smash against the door of eternity. That is the essence of life. To be devoured in our own banality, though we wish to be something more.

sloth wrote:

#21 2016-03-27 01:42:05

loon_attic
Banned

loon_attic wrote:
TheWake wrote:

The spoon that slays monsters is always the last to enter the mouth, and the first to leave. Nor do eyes in the back one's head mean that one can walk backwards... do the knees bend that way? Do the shoes point heavenward? No, we are stuck falling forward until we smash against the door of eternity. That is the essence of life. To be devoured in our own banality, though we wish to be something more.

I love this life, but I hate the aftertaste. Like waking from a dream with someone's fingers in your mouth. How did they get there? Whose hand do they belong to? Whose hand do any of us belong to, really?

It always comes back to belonging, does it not? It does. As the question knows the answer, the answer belongs to the question. And that is the whole point, i think: to know the question, and thus to belong to the answer.

sloth wrote:

#22 2016-03-27 07:53:09

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

loon_attic wrote:

Is lack of belief in heaven really the reason why there's a depression epidemic? Because I doubt that life was much better...
Could also be computers. They're pretty depressing, I think.
Also that my fucking thing broke and I want to hang myself now. But I won't. Most likely.

The dream is much harder now to achieve than ever before. Now we don't have anything to really strive for other than those immediately around us, which has been lessened by social media. I am not quite sure how to deal with this honestly.

#23 2016-03-27 11:00:05

Green1

Heaven may exist or not. I am banking it is a tale to make folks feel a bit better. Notice most religions include a hell so anyone you are envious of is being more "successful" you can let that go because "they will get theirs" in the end.  Genius.

I do not think that has anything to do with depression, though. Or, meaning for that matter.

If your dream is "too hard", maybe it is time to start bitching and do it/ see what you need to do or have a more realistic dream. Unless you just like being miserable.

At least the pill pushers and shrinks may get "meaning" from that.

Or... maybe I should hang MYSELF for not having 3 PhDs, a washboard tummy immune to beer, a sprawling compound, and a vault like scrooge McDuck full of Franklins to swim in....

#24 2016-03-28 00:50:12

loon_attic
Banned

Green1 wrote:

Heaven may exist or not. I am banking it is a tale to make folks feel a bit better. Notice most religions include a hell so anyone you are envious of is being more "successful" you can let that go because "they will get theirs" in the end.  Genius.

I do not think that has anything to do with depression, though. Or, meaning for that matter.

If your dream is "too hard", maybe it is time to start bitching and do it/ see what you need to do or have a more realistic dream. Unless you just like being miserable.

At least the pill pushers and shrinks may get "meaning" from that.

Or... maybe I should hang MYSELF for not having 3 PhDs, a washboard tummy immune to beer, a sprawling compound, and a vault like scrooge McDuck full of Franklins to swim in....

I just wanna get the hell out of this dumb annoying university, have good income with a job that I don't hate and enough time to shoot bow. And not feel shitty. I dunno.

sloth wrote:

#25 2016-03-28 02:32:53

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I don't buy into this success dick measuring contest to measure personal worth. Fucking dumb ass posers who are in movies are not more important than anyone else. Cocaine snorting CEOs are not better than me or you or anyone. In the beginning, were a millionth of a cumshot, at the end were just dirt and bones. As long as you're happy, who gives a fuck?

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Board footer