Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2016-04-11 15:38:16

absentinsomniac
Administrator

sugar is baaaad

Just don't do it

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 … are_btn_tw

I wrote about this like 2 years ago

Fucc

#2 2016-04-11 19:03:26

loon_attic
Banned

Re: sugar is baaaad

fuk i had so much fucking sugar yesterday and i let my overweight siblings have at it what is wrong with me

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#3 2016-04-11 19:15:00

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Society mannn

Fucc

#4 2016-04-11 19:42:20

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Supposedly like 1/3 the global population is obese or overweight.

We're all fucked.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#5 2016-04-11 23:12:10

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

sugar is great fuck off

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#6 2016-04-11 23:59:18

loon_attic
Banned

TheWake wrote:

sugar is great fuck off

sometimes it's pretty fucking enjoyable but it's bad for u nigghu just like cocaine

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#7 2016-04-12 00:02:10

absentinsomniac
Administrator

wes is basically a contrarian these days

Fucc

#8 2016-04-12 00:37:41

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

High fructose corn is best sugar.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#9 2016-04-12 00:40:37

absentinsomniac
Administrator

The abstract of this is fairly useful wrt to high fructose corn syrup:

http://advances.nutrition.org/content/4/2/236.full

Both controversy and confusion exist concerning fructose, sucrose, and high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) with respect to their metabolism and health effects. These concerns have often been fueled by speculation based on limited data or animal studies. In retrospect, recent controversies arose when a scientific commentary was published suggesting a possible unique link between HFCS consumption and obesity. Since then, a broad scientific consensus has emerged that there are no metabolic or endocrine response differences between HFCS and sucrose related to obesity or any other adverse health outcome. This equivalence is not surprising given that both of these sugars contain approximately equal amounts of fructose and glucose, contain the same number of calories, possess the same level of sweetness, and are absorbed identically through the gastrointestinal tract. Research comparing pure fructose with pure glucose, although interesting from a scientific point of view, has limited application to human nutrition given that neither is consumed to an appreciable degree in isolation in the human diet. Whether there is a link between fructose, HFCS, or sucrose and increased risk of heart disease, metabolic syndrome, or fatty infiltration of the liver or muscle remains in dispute with different studies using different methodologies arriving at different conclusions. Further randomized clinical trials are needed to resolve many of these issues. The purpose of this review is to summarize current knowledge about the metabolism, endocrine responses, and potential health effects of sucrose, HFCS, and fructose.
Previous Section
Next Section

That basically sums it up.

Fucc

#10 2016-04-12 11:52:40

Jop

Suger is good. Great energy source.

#11 2016-04-12 15:10:05

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Any carbohydrate is a good energy source. So is fats and proteins.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#12 2016-04-12 18:03:14

Fish20
sea creature
Website

If you want to lose weight, good luck doing a low fat diet with a shit ton of carbs. or some bread diet bullshit. The best way is to cut down your carbs to a very low amount, about 20-30 net grams a day. Seriously, the fucking lack of science behind all this low fat shit is sickening. You can just cut almost all of your carbs and replace it with saturated/monounsaturated fat and actually lose a bunch of weight because you can make your body use ketone bodies for awhile, which comes from fat. So your body will use the fat you eat as well as the fat all over your body for it's energy source. It is obviously less efficient, but it's the best for losing weight and actually increases your health in other ways such as cholesterol and blood sugar, and it can help with epilepsy. I wouldn't do this if you need a lot of energy for sports or something, but for people who don't do a lot of physically demanding stuff, it's fine. A lot of carbs are good if you exercise and do things like run long distance or sports. Eating shit like burgers and fries is what causes obesity; high fat from meat cheese and fries combined with high carbs from bread and potatoes is not a good combo.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#13 2016-04-12 18:49:51

loon_attic
Banned

Could a high carb medium fat diet cause lethargy? I'm not very fat, but so fucking tired and weak all the time

sloth wrote:

#14 2016-04-12 19:07:34

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Depends what you eat. If you don't eat enough fruits or vegetables then it could be that. Try eating more protein if you don't get enough.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#15 2016-04-12 19:26:13

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

I'm planning on getting tofu and shit to adjust my diet. Too much carbs, even at work. I need an alternative diet that's healthier.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#16 2016-04-13 07:49:29

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

I don't think anything short of corr(sugar, cancer)=.999 with a p value of less than .01 would make me stop eating sugar.

WsEkePS.png

#17 2016-04-13 07:51:05

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

or if I get diabetes

WsEkePS.png

#18 2016-04-13 08:57:38

loon_attic
Banned

TheWake wrote:

or if I get diabetes

well, isn't that irreversible?... wouldn't you need sugar then, what do i know, something something insulin

sloth wrote:

#19 2016-04-13 09:14:56

Jop

brainiac3397 wrote:

Any carbohydrate is a good energy source. So is fats and proteins.

Yup, good stuff.

#20 2016-04-13 10:08:42

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Everyone needs sugar you dildo the point is added sugars are problematic from a national health perspective

Fucc

#21 2016-04-13 12:44:24

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

absentinsomniac wrote:

national health

tBHtOGg.jpg

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#22 2016-04-13 13:41:29

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Jesus you people are dense

Fucc

#23 2016-04-13 20:35:10

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

BAN IT!

WsEkePS.png

#24 2016-05-12 19:21:25

Princess-Retard
Aspiring-Camwhore

absentinsomniac wrote:

Just don't do it

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016 … are_btn_tw

I wrote about this like 2 years ago

Tell me about it. I'm always a slut for sugar and candies but I got blood tests results  at the Blood Donation and I've  high level of cholesterol.

I can't eat Toblerones and twix for a long time now ;__;

#25 2016-05-12 21:05:25

Fish20
sea creature
Website

like I said everything has fucking sugar now. even fucking broccoli at outback steakhouse >:(

yeah and "good energy source" doesn't mean if you get like 71823791283 amounts of it at once it will be good. Carbs are the most effective energy source which means you can have way too much of it very easily.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

Board footer