Re: Does everyone know life is meaningless?

Fish20 wrote:

I don't buy into this success dick measuring contest to measure personal worth. Fucking dumb ass posers who are in movies are not more important than anyone else. Cocaine snorting CEOs are not better than me or you or anyone. In the beginning, were a millionth of a cumshot, at the end were just dirt and bones. As long as you're happy, who gives a fuck?

Yessssssssss

omg u hab 2 make lods of emone blah blah be at least as long dick as us - parents
meh

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

omg guyz what if students who need financial aid and arent optimal students are "forced" to go to college on aid, and thus benefit whichever college they attend cause they will lilely provide the financial funds via the aid without costing a fraction of the expenses if they dont attend or even pass(as for the stats, the college will just smudge shit up with certain variables to improve ranking without honestly revealing the truth)

I refuse to be a shill who serves as the front man in this nefarious higher educational conspiracy to use me nothing more than a money magnet because I need to apply for financial aid. We know they inflate the costs cause more aid and there is nothing to stop them from behaving this way.

Higher education is broken. Its become a profit-only business. Money is all that really matters.  Fuck colleges. Fuck idiots who fall for this shit and support it. Fuck the decaying society of America and its fucked up leadership and fucked up culture. Im paying this much money then I say the college will fucking accomodate me the way I want it. I wont give a shit about their policy or rules. The accreditors can go fuck themselves. The board of trustees can fuck themselves. Everybody can go fuck themselves.

As a once-idealistic scholar, I disgusted by the corruption and complacency I see in academia. I say the shit will hit the fan one day, and Ill just be on the sideline watching it with a smile knowing how I saw it coming and being amused by the number of dumb cocksuckers that actually fell for it all.

(just prepping myself for my sometime-this-week meeting with college advisor. I am subordinate to no man regardless of their intelligence, wealth, or experience. If they cant be assed to respect me, they can fuck themselves)

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

Yeah, it's such bullshit with all these dumb policies and classes I don't give a fuck about and some fucking fat bitch saying it is a privilege to go here and some bullshit about rules, I wanted to stand up and tell her to go fuck herself (this was that week for incoming students from high school)

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

29 (edited by Fish20 2016-03-28 15:39:30)

A shit load of these "successful" people didn't go to college. Richest man in America (world?) is a college drop out.

You can't explain that!

http://i.imgur.com/TsxId.jpg

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Yes you can. His parents had money so he had little to fear from dropping out. Worse case he just re-enrolls. What's the worse case for someone who can't fall back on parents money? Let's say I drop out and try to start some business.... What money am I sustaining myself with before it takes off? Where's my startup money? Who's gonna help me out in 5 years when I'm 100k more in debt (at least) with no degree and a failed business?

31 (edited by Fish20 2016-03-28 16:06:02)

absentinsomniac wrote:

Yes you can. His parents had money so he had little to fear from dropping out. Worse case he just re-enrolls. What's the worse case for someone who can't fall back on parents money? Let's say I drop out and try to start some business.... What money am I sustaining myself with before it takes off? Where's my startup money? Who's gonna help me out in 5 years when I'm 100k more in debt (at least) with no degree and a failed business?

I meant the colleges can't explain that. did I say you just get money randomly? You obviously have to have a business plan, then VC, then a bunch of other steps, and you might not make it. But if you want to do something like that, everyone is just like "NO WAY THERE IS A BIG CHANCE YOU WON'T MAKE IT STOP TAKING RISKS AND GO GET A DESK JOB AND SUCK DICK TO MAKE YOUR MONEY LOL." I'm not saying you have to be kissing some guys ass to make 6+ figures but that's pretty unlikely too. You either go to college or you are a fucking failure I guess, until you aren't, then people are like OMG he's so smart he didn't have to go to college to get rich! Then they still go back to telling their kids that college is the key to success....

but yeah it doesn't matter though cause "success" doesn't matter. dick measuring, etc.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

Happiness is overrated.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

https://i.imgur.com/WsEkePS.png

Fish he was a harvard drop out, because it was too slow for him.

Harvard is overrated. All them prestigious schools purposefully inflate their shit just to appear all exclusive and crap. Then more students apply in hopes of it, which just helps make it easier to make it appear exclusive because they have a broad enough pool of applicants to easily pick and choose whatever fits.

Education isn't the priority anymore. It's the administrations trying to make money and make a name, and professors trying to improve their rep. Nobody gives a shit about the students. Those who have the motivation or stupidity to push on through serve as the next batch of shills while those who fail out get their stats smudged not to affect rankings.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

muh alma mater

sloth wrote:

Technically life doesn't have meaning in and of itself. But if you want it to have meaning, your life at least, you can do that.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'". Yeah, but there is a "Me" in "Team" spelled backwards!

BOWS NIGGA

sloth wrote:

I think anyone who's going to kill themselves should try going on academic leave and taking a trip to Thailand or doing MDMA therapy or something. I don't think dropping out will help with anxiety and depression. It would probably make it worse. I'd only recommend dropping out as a last resort. There are plenty of ways to make a living without a degree. I know people who work in sales, work in restaurants, pizza delivery, retail... I mean you could land a job programming too. It's unlikely that you'll ever make as much as someone with a degree in a science field, though. You're not fucking Bill Gates lol. That statistically will never happen to you. You could maybe network your way up the ladder... But will you?

Don't let a temporary struggle cap your avenues. You might want to go live in a cabin now, but for how long? I mean, you just want to sit in a cabin alone forever? Isolated? I don't see how that is a sustainable lifestyle.

Your life though that's just how I gotta look at it.

But what the fuck do I know I'm fucking up way worse than you are as we speak lol. I won't stop going until they kick me the fuck out of college though fuck it.

Society is absolute shit. I don't even know what to say

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

or you can be a postal worker, or you can do like legal support or some medical jobs if you get a certification, or there's jobs at airports you can do without a degree, or you can get a certification fixing appliances which pays fairly high, or you can work in real estate if you go through a training program, or you can be a tutor, or you can be a maintenance person, some places you can find jobs as a sales rep or marketing person,

or you can just get an associates degree in like nursing or some other field like that...

there's plenty of shit you can do without going to college, all I'm saying is don't expect to make 70 - 100k/year 5 years after graduating, and probably adjust your life expectations because your job might not be that glamorous.

A big time tobacco farmer.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

mfw absent is the new drop out and travel meme

43 (edited by Fish20 2016-03-29 22:35:49)

absentinsomniac wrote:

or you can be a postal worker, or you can do like legal support or some medical jobs if you get a certification, or there's jobs at airports you can do without a degree, or you can get a certification fixing appliances which pays fairly high, or you can work in real estate if you go through a training program, or you can be a tutor, or you can be a maintenance person, some places you can find jobs as a sales rep or marketing person,

or you can just get an associates degree in like nursing or some other field like that...

there's plenty of shit you can do without going to college, all I'm saying is don't expect to make 70 - 100k/year 5 years after graduating, and probably adjust your life expectations because your job might not be that glamorous.

who's expecting shit? they are the fuckers expecting me to "go to college right after school and it should be 4 year college (for some science degree or you're a loser) because you're good at compute and you'd be wasting your potential."

K, I'll just go to college and choose some bullshit that I'm slightly good at to get a job that I'll hate just because I must do it "immediately" like everyone else. I'm glad my mom is good cause she says that she doesn't care if I can take my time and she would rather not have me suicidal and going to college. If I can get these meds out and my brain back to normal I can maybe figure out what I really want to do. But these school bitches always ask me shit and are concerned about GPA and I'm just thinking "GO FUCK YOURSELF AND YOUR FACTORY WORKER AGENDA, IM NOT A FUCKING NUMBER" I might say it if they bother again, but they most likely won't since I lied to them about going to community.

yeah just read the thing before about dick measuring. I don't feel inferior to people like Kim Kardashian or athletes or stupid movie stars, since they are overhyped assholes that get paid way too much for no reason, yet they are "so success". I would rather be living in a cool outdoorsy area with a small place, not relying too much on "omg best stuff" for happiness and doing some cool hobbies with people.

hid my rant:

I went through this obsessions with crap I don't need or even use this year and I blew about 3000+ on video games and electronics. The best thing I bought was a QHD Korean monitor that was only 160, but I really didn't need it. I bought a fircken accordion which I never play. I bought a drumset, never play. Like 400ish of PC games I never really play. Some old ass TV I never use, but looks cool or whatever. Some movies, a website I don't use. Even a Wii U.... So I wasted so much fucking money for no reason. I am selling most of it right now, but still, so much money wasted on nothing. I really gotta try minimalist shit or something, or is it frugal? Anyhow, the meds are doing bad shit to my brain and I know it's the meds cause whatever my brain is doing is new and unnatural feeling.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

As long as you're doing honest work and that's what you're happy with I don't think anyone should think of you as not successful.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

https://i.imgur.com/WsEkePS.png

Reproduction is the meaning of life. It may not be a satisfying meaning for many but it is the Aristotelian purpose of life

One must pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive.

Deus Vult wrote:

Reproduction is the meaning of life. It may not be a satisfying meaning for many but it is the Aristotelian purpose of life

This is pretty much the opposite of what Aristotle thought. You might get that impression by reading the definition of telos, but he largely felt that the human telos is based on rational thought and we are unique in this capacity. Essentially, he thought the human telos was to be happy, and he described necessary conditions for this (including virtue and thought over a lifetime). The origin of an individuals telos being internal.

absentinsomniac wrote:
Deus Vult wrote:

This is pretty much the opposite of what Aristotle thought. You might get that impression by reading the definition of telos, but he largely felt that the human telos is based on rational thought and we are unique in this capacity. Essentially, he thought the human telos was to be happy, and he described necessary conditions for this (including virtue and thought over a lifetime). The origin of an individuals telos being internal.

I should have been more clear in saying that I think that a sort of Evolutonary Virtue Ethics is the correct ethical system regardless of what Aristotle said

One must pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive.

fuck bitches get eudaimonia

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

There probably is no great meaning. However one can create meaning.

Furthermore, the interesting part is how much you believe in that meaning, and how much you're willing to pay for it.