Topic: You're Going to Die You Know.

I mean, what are you doing? You're going to die. I'm not sure if anyone told you that. Stop wasting your time lol.

But I know you will anyway. I know you're gonna waste it anyway. You're gonna play games. You're gonna fuck around and realize it's too late, like everyone else.

haha

ha
haha
ha
ha
haha

Re: You're Going to Die You Know.

death comes faster than you think

time isn't real

So what?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

sloth wrote:

So what?

the faster it comes, almost, the better xD
why do i not have the willpower to do what i want

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

6 (edited by Jop 2016-05-19 10:50:38)

Playing games is healthy. So you'll die less quickly

Jop wrote:

That's why I quit gaming and took up smoking tobacco. I'd like a bacon-fried-egg-bbq-sauce-cheese burger too please. And a diet coke with that.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Jop wrote:

That doesn't make any sense.

absentinsomniac wrote:
Jop wrote:

By society's definition of "health", no. Means kind of the opposite thing.

It won't even matter after you're dead. You'll just be dirt. So you don't really waste it at that point, cause to you, it never existed.

But another thing is, your life can't be perfect. You just have to make it as fun as possible and also enjoyable as possible. You don't have to even change anything or be "important", just enjoy yourself.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Jop wrote:
absentinsomniac wrote:
Jop wrote:

By society's definition of "health", no. Means kind of the opposite thing.

No, I mean time goes by subjectively faster when you're playing games, plus you misinterpreted what I meant by games to begin with. I guess that's no surprise, though.

Fish20 wrote:

It won't even matter after you're dead. You'll just be dirt. So you don't really waste it at that point, cause to you, it never existed.

Would it be different if there was another "level"? Who cares if it doesn't matter after you die, it matters while you're still alive. At least, it does for me. I don't understand this edgelord philosophy of "well, we all die so I'll just sit on this couch and not even live". That seems like something people tell themselves because it's easy and comfortable and means they don't have to do anything. Seems like an easy way to end up having a mid life crisis and then dying alone and unsatisfied.

But another thing is, your life can't be perfect. You just have to make it as fun as possible and also enjoyable as possible. You don't have to even change anything or be "important", just enjoy yourself.

That's true, but none of us here are doing anything to make it as enjoyable as possible. We're all just playing stupid games with our lives. I'm not talking about vidya games, by the way, I didn't think that would need to be made explicit lel, you fucking shut ins. I don't know.

I don't have any answers I'm just saying. Life hurts a lot and then you die. I don't have a plan to not have that happen to me. It seems like it happens to everyone, with very few exceptions. No one likes talking about this. They come up with platitudes and shit to discuss it. It's uncomfortable and a hard problem.

But you're like 20 something. Possibly one day you will find something in this life that has a deeper meaning to you. Maybe you'll have a kid or actually do what you really want or have great experiences you can't even imagine yet. I think we are more aware about what it's really the point of life (nothing!) than other people that are stuck in the religious aspect or the classic societal idea of happiness/success and a "good life" (family, job, car, house, kids, etc).

You are playing society's game. Either you quit the game, and society itself, or you can play the game by your own rules.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

Yeah, that seems pretty true.

"We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it." --  Tennessee Williams

I'm just trying to find a good view. A nice window to look out of. I know that in the end, no matter if I have an amazing life or not, we all end up in the same place. But I *want* to experience everything. A lot. I don't want to waste away. It's so hard not to fall victim to all the little pressures there are in society. I told myself at a fairly early age, like 15 or 16 I didn't want to do the "normal" thing and end up hating my life. Here I am working an entry level job and going to college, none-the-less. Next step, career, family, retire, die. And who knows, maybe a family is what I want. But is it? I know I don't want a normal job.

I don't know. Love is kind of depressing when you really look into it, to be honest. I've been a hopeless romantic since I was like 5 years old. Someone told me I would get married to this one girl, and I thought I would. I might even lol, who knows, but like... I feel like this song does a good job of getting across the sentiment:

And society man! SOCIETY! It doesn't make love easy haha. And that, if we're honest, seems like it's the only thing worth anything. It sure feels that way.

15 (edited by Fish20 2016-05-20 15:43:24)

You don't have to do anything. Why pursue college and that job if you don't want to do it? Seriously. You seem intelligent enough to do whatever you want to do in order to live how you want. There are tons of ways to make a living that aren't the typical, safe way. Basically everyone that is considered to be very successful didn't take the safe road. They took a risk. That's why I don't understand the view that college = success. The most admired and "successful" people, especially in the field of technology and invention, did not gain their success through college degrees and by being a "working-class citizen". Like I said, play the game by your own rules.

Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins. - Charles Stanley

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps. - sloth

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

Fish20 wrote:

Possibly one day you will find something in this life that has a deeper meaning to you. Maybe you'll have a kid or actually do what you really want or have great experiences you can't even imagine yet.

This is such a good argument. I'll add another movie soundtrack that resonates with this interpretation of life. E.g. being more than you can see right now. Pay attention to the lyrics:

You've gotta know that there's more to this world
Than what you have seen
Because we all have a limited view
Of what we can be

I mean god damn, spot on. Everything in that song resonates with this thread in such an interesting way, so does the OP song.