Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2016-10-23 20:49:53

Derchin

Got this lovely message the other day

It seems like the majority of you guys are either college drop outs or slackers who had it easy most of your lives. It’s either because people paid your way throughout life or did all of your chores and duties for you. So now you detest the idea that you have to actually get off your asses and work for what you want for once, because believe it or not…unless you’re incredibly disabled or a young child, which most of you aren’t, people won’t just give you something unless you produce something of value or if you’re a contributing member to society. You want to browse the web, watch TV and play video games, eat, drink, and enjoy the fruits of life (who doesn’t?), but you don’t want to work to pay for those things or realize that people had to spend hours out of their lives making them so you can sit on your asses and complain about “having it rough.” Please spare me.

It seems that most of you here want a simplistic, anarchistic, and naturalistic society where we all lived in tiny communities free from government control and hunted and farmed with little of the “stressors” and trinkets of modern day life. While that might be able to work for some, it’s not sustainable for our current 7.4 billion population. Not everyone has the intense knowledge to survive in nature. What about the young, the sick, disabled, and the very old? What are they to do? There’s a reason we created civilizations and why we’ll always create civilizations: Because nature is cruel and dangerous and it’s better if we stick together to survive. If you want to go out and live in the middle of the woods with little to no medical care, protection, or something to cull in the boredom be my guest, but you guys shouldn’t go around saying that we all should be forced to go back and live in such destitution. Even the most hardened of outdoors-men eventually need help from civilization to survive.

You guys complain about the dullness and repetition of modern day life, but fail to give any other meaningful alternatives other than living with the bare necessities in the woods somewhere. While that may take off a lot of the duties of life, most people want substance, purpose, safety, something that you won’t get much out there. You’re all complaining that working is a bad thing. Most people don’t mind it. People with jobs work within a community, provide for others, earn money at the end, and they also have days off to enjoy themselves. This system may not be perfect (show me one), but it’s the best one we have and we weeded out most of the kinks in it to give everyone the best opportunity to survive and pursue their interests. You’re not “slaves to the system” or “cogs” because you always have and always will have the freedom of choice, something actual slaves in real life don’t have. It comes off as self-righteous and disgusting to suggest that your “slaves.”

If you’re having a bad day on the job, I feel sorry for you, but we all go through them and they all will blow away eventually. That one day in a bad mood is no excuse to throw away the idea of working entirely. If you have persistent bad days, reassess your environment, your coworkers, your boss, or your behavior. It’s one of those I assure you and you can always leave if it’s that bad of working there or if it’s you then you have to change your behavior. Again, this is no reason no throw the idea of work just because you don’t like your job or your behavior and attitude is making your job experience miserable because you won’t change.

You want to go back to “the glory days,” like what you see in the movies where aimless, unhappy office people find their purpose by huffing it in the wilderness, ignoring the malnutrition, heat, cold, animals, and disease that come with it. You guys need to stop dicking around and find out your place in this society before you go and run off into the wilderness.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#2 2016-10-23 21:19:46

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Re: Got this lovely message the other day

Isn't that like an old ass ss meme

Fucc

#3 2016-10-23 21:26:37

Derchin

I wish that were the case.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#4 2016-10-23 22:09:09

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Derchin wrote:

It seems that most of you here want a simplistic, anarchistic, and naturalistic society where we all lived in tiny communities free from government control and hunted and farmed with little of the “stressors” and trinkets of modern day life.

wut

Did anyone say this not jokingly, that they wanted to live in the wilderness, other than like Mael, but he was still joking probably?

Last edited by Fish20 (2016-10-23 22:10:53)

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#5 2016-10-23 22:17:47

Fish20
sea creature
Website

You guys complain about the dullness and repetition of modern day life, but fail to give any other meaningful alternatives other than living with the bare necessities in the woods somewhere. While that may take off a lot of the duties of life, most people want substance, purpose, safety, something that you won’t get much out there. You’re all complaining that working is a bad thing. Most people don’t mind it. People with jobs work within a community, provide for others, earn money at the end, and they also have days off to enjoy themselves. This system may not be perfect (show me one), but it’s the best one we have and we weeded out most of the kinks in it to give everyone the best opportunity to survive and pursue their interests. You’re not “slaves to the system” or “cogs” because you always have and always will have the freedom of choice, something actual slaves in real life don’t have. It comes off as self-righteous and disgusting to suggest that your “slaves.”

When have we said "slaves"? when? Also to suggest that most people don't mind doing jobs is naive. Many people I know absolutely hate their jobs, and so when they get home they just start to drink or smoke weed immediately.  many, many jobs are even pointless: http://evonomics.com/why-capitalism-cre … d-graeber/

also, suggest that my slaves are what?

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#6 2016-10-23 22:48:15

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

It’s either because people paid your way throughout life or did all of your chores and duties for you

lol what bs.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#7 2016-10-23 22:49:57

Fish20
sea creature
Website

brainiac3397 wrote:

It’s either because people paid your way throughout life or did all of your chores and duties for you

lol what bs.

Omg my parents fed me that means all my duties and everything was paid for thus far right?

This is like one of those SJW logic things.

be ashamed that you live in a first world country and you don't eat ratz for breakfast

Last edited by Fish20 (2016-10-23 22:51:16)

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#8 2016-10-23 23:24:12

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

Where is this from?

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#9 2016-10-24 00:14:22

Derchin

A message from my college email. He might have sent it by accident because I don't know who he is though.

Last edited by Derchin (2016-10-24 00:15:00)

#10 2016-10-24 01:17:35

absentinsomniac
Administrator

who ever emailed that to you seems to have lifted it from this deleted post that was made 2 days ago lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comm … _this_sub/

Fucc

#11 2016-10-24 02:18:59

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Fish20 wrote:
brainiac3397 wrote:

lol what bs.

Omg my parents fed me that means all my duties and everything was paid for thus far right?

This is like one of those SJW logic things.

be ashamed that you live in a first world country and you don't eat ratz for breakfast

Forget that, how the fuck would they know? I got nice suits, a crappy car, a decent phone, and what some mistake as an aloof/snobby personality(muh stoic problems). Yet I do most chores at home, responsible for keeping the house functioning, and dealing my biz and job.

Some ppl just want to make up some fantasy to bitch about.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#12 2016-10-24 05:18:57

RedOak
Fuck

Sounds like the type of person who's never read a book in his life and thinks he has a high understanding of the world with his "common sense"  thinking based on his own narrow experiences in life.

You’re not “slaves to the system” or “cogs” because you always have and always will have the freedom of choice, something actual slaves in real life don’t have

Well slaves always did have the choice to suck dick and pick cotton or be subjugated to an extreme BDSM session.

If you’re having a bad day on the job, I feel sorry for you, bla bla bla fuck you I don't like your attitude stop being unhappy! .

10/10 Both fantastic advice and excellent analysis of the current economic order in the world. Fuck off nobody is learning anything from what you have to say and you're not making it better by sounding like a condescending parent.

Also yeah hahaha every day for the past most of my life has been terrible but I'm sure tomorrow will be better :)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiik3zS4y4I[/video]

#13 2016-10-24 14:24:43

sloth
WITNESS ME

Tl;dr sounds like attention whoring.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#14 2016-10-24 21:50:31

Alistoriv
Sanity Not Included

everyone who has a legitimate criticism of modern day society is just lazy xD

#15 2016-10-24 23:15:18

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Alistoriv wrote:

everyone who has a legitimate criticism of modern day society is just lazy xD

"I live in my mother's basement and don't have to worry about anything because I'm still a teenager in a Western country in a rich neighborhood. Why are you ppl bitching lolololol?!"

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#16 2016-10-25 04:21:17

loon_attic
Banned

"I'm a 50 year old in a mediocre marriage living in the suburbs and I have worked my ass off for 60 years so I can afford all this shit. Stop complaining."

Or something

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#17 2016-10-27 23:17:28

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

loon_attic wrote:

"I'm a 50 year old in a mediocre marriage living in the suburbs and I have worked my ass off for 60 years so I can afford all this shit. Stop complaining."

Or something

This. This is pretty much what he's saying.

We all have obstacles here, whether economic/societal or mental, but we can tell that the author of the wall of text probably didn't have many as if he did, je'd ave nbti more empaht.

I need to stop sleeping with omputers

a.

#18 2016-10-27 23:26:40

loon_attic
Banned

Trying to rephrase/get meaning/point of view
"Work is necessary for life not to be shit. It maintains society, which you can use to maintain yourself. Don't be a leech. gibe back"
HMM
Except a lot of jobs aren't giving much back..
and...
fuckshitfuck

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#19 2016-10-27 23:44:59

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Yes work is necessary. But most jobs are shitty and many are ultimately pointless. I have said that having a bullshit IT job that everyone is pushing me towards, would suck because all I'm doing is fixing computers and networks for people doing pointless work. I'd much rather do something like physically building things that are tangible (and have a use) or cooking food that people eat or my "dream" one which is games which give people enjoyment.

http://evonomics.com/why-capitalism-cre … d-graeber/

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#20 2016-10-27 23:51:15

Fish20
sea creature
Website

loon_attic wrote:

Trying to rephrase/get meaning/point of view
"Work is necessary for life not to be shit. It maintains society, which you can use to maintain yourself. Don't be a leech. gibe back"
HMM
Except a lot of jobs aren't giving much back..
and...
fuckshitfuck

This is pretty true. I mean companies that make tens/hundreds of billions but still pay almost all their employees like shit, it's fucking dumb (WALMART,ETC) I guess you can't force the company to be nice. It's just dumb. Imagine what could change just using half of Walmart's profits?

Last edited by Fish20 (2016-10-27 23:57:54)

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#21 2016-10-27 23:56:29

loon_attic
Banned

also, then their shit wouldnt be so cheap

sloth wrote:

#22 2016-10-27 23:59:02

Fish20
sea creature
Website

OCCUPY WALMART 2016

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#23 2016-10-30 00:24:27

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

God wrote:

IT sucks ass. Construction sucks ass. Auto repair sucks ass. Factories especially suck ass. Bakeries suck ass. Electrical work and farming aren't terrible, I guess. Mostly work just sucks.

Still beats sitting around doing nothing all day.

When you're rich, you don't even need illegals to work for you. Your money does all the hard work.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#24 2016-10-30 23:04:59

Derchin

I like how the main comment on the video is calling anyone "edgy" for complaining even a bit about the monotony of the modern day working life.

#25 2016-10-31 02:10:25

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

I gotta watch this...

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

Board footer