Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2016-10-25 01:15:44

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

DnE's perspective on the alt-right

Curious what you guys think of the phenomenon now that it has largely formed its identity as American white nationalism with rare Pepes.

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

#2 2016-10-25 02:45:14

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Re: DnE's perspective on the alt-right

Morons who don't know how to push a movement. You can't go full GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW. You can however push be proud of yourself and stick up for your community. Movement dead before it even began.

#3 2016-10-25 03:06:45

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

SaintVicious wrote:

Morons who don't know how to push a movement. You can't go full GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW. You can however push be proud of yourself and stick up for your community. Movement dead before it even began.

pretty much this.

and the assertion form the Hillary campaign that UTrmp is somehow an alt-righjt candidate is topkek

good night again pespl

a.

#4 2016-10-25 03:10:41

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Alt-right doesn't really exist. It is a buzzword to describe a generalized group with no structure, so the "group" or "movement" simply doesn't exist. It's like how the media says "Anonymous" hacked something, even though it pretty much isn't an actual group since anyone can be part of it and there is no organization. Alt-right could mean white supremacists or it could simply mean supporting Donald Trump (who is NOT a white supremacist by the way), or I've even seen it be attributed to conservatives who don't like political correctness or multiculturalism. I could be an alt-right since I dislike political correctness and oppose illegal immigration, according to these clueless "reporters" or "liberals" who love the term.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#5 2016-10-25 04:06:00

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

I dislike political correctness

Plz. That's become a catch-all phrase for "I don't like shit that doesn't come out of my mouth". There's not being PC and there's being a complete fucking idiot. All these worshippers of "anti-PCism" have gone to the extent of jumping off the cliff then bitching about how the "libtards" are being too PC for not calling black people niggers or homosexuals faggots.

Yet at the same time, they shit tears when you call them nazi motherfuckers or deplorable cucks cuz "muh feelz". If you can't take it, then you better not dish it. I can't talk about his RL supporters, but Trumps online lovers are all just whiny entitled bitchy white boys who might've been acting all thug only a few years ago. They're like Trump, they just do whatever shit happens to be controversial at the time.

One decade they're running around acting gangster hood rebels in suburb, now they're the tidey-whitey "patriots" that luv America. If Trump became president and destroyed the country, they'd suddenly go "yeh but we were actually nihilists and society needed to be destroyed and rebuilt hurr hurr". It's no different then them teens going through the edgy communist phase, except in this case the immaturity lasts beyond their teen years.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#6 2016-10-25 10:02:43

Obscured
Devianteur

The fuck's an alt-right?

Last edited by Obscured (2016-10-25 10:02:53)

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#7 2016-10-25 10:16:12

loon_attic
Banned

Loon's input on the matter wrote:

blargh

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#8 2016-10-25 16:12:07

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

Fish20 wrote:

Alt-right doesn't really exist.

It does. The Right Stuff, New Alternative Right, Atlantic Centurion, Radix Journal, Counter-Currents, American Renaissance...

#9 2016-10-25 18:36:15

Fish20
sea creature
Website

At least not in the way that the average person uses it. It's an ultra-vague blanket term. Basically pointless. The whole political spectrum is so fucked up in USA right now.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#10 2016-10-25 18:53:29

Fish20
sea creature
Website

brainiac3397 wrote:

Yet at the same time, they shit tears when you call them nazi motherfuckers or deplorable cucks cuz "muh feelz". If you can't take it, then you better not dish it. I can't talk about his RL supporters, but Trumps online lovers are all just whiny entitled bitchy white boys who might've been acting all thug only a few years ago. They're like Trump, they just do whatever shit happens to be controversial at the time.

But liberals are whiny, bitchy, and entitled cucks who want everyone to be wusses and never have their fragile "feelings" hurt. It's like going fucking backwards. We live in a time where everyone has pretty close to equal rights and even privileges, that the tiniest thing makes people scream "DISCRIMINATION".  People fucking rally for their fucking feelings now. Not their rights. They are whiners. It sickens me that people support Clinton who is pretty much throwing their rights in the trash, just because Donald Trump "offended" them. Give me a fucking break.

Last edited by Fish20 (2016-10-25 18:53:48)

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#11 2016-10-25 19:41:21

loon_attic
Banned

Also, Black Lives Matter is similarly vague

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#12 2016-10-25 22:16:16

RedOak
Fuck

Something something spectacle.

#13 2016-10-25 22:46:32

loon_attic
Banned

Oh it's that nigga Debord
That fucking book seemed like such a bunch of wankery, idk.
Guess I'm too retarded petite burgersie :DD to understand it

sloth wrote:

#14 2016-10-25 23:08:20

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I guess it's hypocritical, but I'm tired of these buzzwords that don't mean shit, even the word "Liberal" has lost it's meaning.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#15 2016-10-25 23:41:45

RedOak
Fuck

loon_attic wrote:

Oh it's that nigga Debord
That fucking book seemed like such a bunch of wankery, idk.
Guess I'm too retarded petite burgersie :DD to understand it

If you're not familiar with Marx and some other shit nobody cares about (or you just didn't catch on to what the "spectacle" is referring to) the book can come off as an incoherent rant about society with references to shit most people probably don't understand. In reality its actually a very good book on the development of modern capitalism and how it functions, along with references to shit most people don't understand.

I need to read it again but there is a part where Debord talks about how the idea of "rebellion" often feeds back into the spectacle, the alt-right fits into this by re branding reactionary ideas and presenting them as some new revolutionary alternative that will destroy the "establishment".

#16 2016-10-26 00:35:57

absentinsomniac
Administrator

The problem is the writing style tbh.

Fucc

#17 2016-10-26 00:42:52

loon_attic
Banned

yeah, dumb that shit down fror retards like us

but the writing style is also pretentious and wanky

sloth wrote:

#18 2016-10-26 01:34:36

RedOak
Fuck

loon_attic wrote:

yeah, dumb that shit down fror retards like us

but the writing style is also pretentious and wanky

There's various summaries of it you can find that give a decent overview of the basic concept. I'd say even Wikipedia does okay at it.

I wouldn't say its pretentious so much as it just takes different ideas already developed in Marxist theory and amalgamates them into a narrative meant to be engaging to people with at least some understanding of the terminology. Really even if you don't know anything about that shit you should still be able to get the general idea if you pay attention. Though it's not something meant to be read completely blind.

The first and only time I read it there was a lot of stuff I was lost on, I think It was basic stuff about Hegel and dialectics or whatever, hence I'm well over due to give it another read.

Last edited by RedOak (2016-10-26 01:40:22)

#19 2016-10-26 01:42:52

loon_attic
Banned

Everything has been transformed into a representation of the real thing
but not fully?
shit is marketed as giving you 'a social life'?

sloth wrote:

#20 2016-10-26 01:43:22

V.R.
receive {_, _} -> void.

Personally I've always thought that the attempts to give the dialectical concept of alienation a psychoanalytic or phenomenological standing were horseshit. Debord's Spectacle has some good moments, but its attempt to turn commodity fetishism into some all-encompassing fabric of the capitalist system becomes an exercise in idiotic wankery where you stretch the definition of "capitalism" so widely that you start to treat it as some omnipotent metaphysical Satan.

Not to mention the smug feel of showing off how enlightened you are to the normies by yelling "LEL COMMODIFIED SPECTACLE" at their every expression. Not unlike Stirner and the spooks, except that Stirner actually wrote a good work of philosophy and Debord didn't.

#21 2016-10-26 02:03:29

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Fish20 wrote:
brainiac3397 wrote:

But liberals are whiny, bitchy, and entitled cucks who want everyone to be wusses and never have their fragile "feelings" hurt. It's like going fucking backwards. We live in a time where everyone has pretty close to equal rights and even privileges, that the tiniest thing makes people scream "DISCRIMINATION".  People fucking rally for their fucking feelings now. Not their rights. They are whiners. It sickens me that people support Clinton who is pretty much throwing their rights in the trash, just because Donald Trump "offended" them. Give me a fucking break.

Its probably safe to say at this point that we've stumbled into a period of whiny, bitchy, and entitled cucks who want everyone to be wusses and never have their fragile feelings hurt regardless of political posiiton.

The only difference between a "liberal" and "conservative" is what they're bitching about. Otherwise, they bitch the exact same way. They blame others, they refuse criticism, and they try to ride the high horse.

However, it'd be foolish to assume that people aren't getting discriminated when we've got actual lawsuits going out to root out people who've clearly shown a total disregard for laws that protect against discrimination. We also get to enjoy a decent crowd of people who blatantly oppose the US Constitution(often because they don't even know what the fuck is written in it).

As a New Jersyean with a New Yorker heritage, I hereby declare that "every asshole can go fuck themselves". Money politics is neutral politcs cause left or right, it's always about the Benjamins.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#22 2016-10-26 03:02:19

RedOak
Fuck

Debord's Spectacle has some good moments, but its attempt to turn commodity fetishism into some all-encompassing fabric of the capitalist system becomes an exercise in idiotic wankery where you stretch the definition of "capitalism" so widely that you start to treat it as some omnipotent metaphysical Satan.

I don't recall Debord arguing that commodity fetishism in itself forms the entire fabric of capitalism. It's something more along lines that it has morphed into a sort of umbrella casting a shadow on our surrounding environment and invading every part of life.

an exercise in idiotic wankery where you stretch the definition of "capitalism" so widely that you start to treat it as some omnipotent metaphysical Satan.

In a world dominated by capital it will of course influence every sector of society. Not every institution and human interaction is necessarily a product made possible only by capitalism but they will fall under its influence. Anyone and anything will be in part influenced by the environment they are in. Things like wage work and consumerism are accepted as the norm and practically considered as nature by everyone because it's always been that way as long as long as they can remember and has constantly been reinforced in everything from their education to their entertainment.

We are constantly told that this new cool thing will change will revolutionize our lives when in actuality its just a continuation of the spectacle we are used to. Supposedly the internet has created a better informed populace, while on a personal level you may have used it well to educate yourself on a societal level it's just another mass media that brings everyone into a closer line of ideological thought whilst believing they are actually radically different from each other. Thus we end up with a populace that likes to label themselves as either liberal, conservative, or moderate and thinks this actually means anything. And then you also have a lot of other normal people latching onto inane conspiracy theories because it rationalizes the world in a convenient way for them.

(Edit): I think an interesting phenomenon is how everyone wants to call themselves "rational" and talk about how they supposedly love and understand science. It's like a new way of claiming oneself as being holy and righteous to justify opinions and actions. This sort of thinking seems to be that since we have pop science every where now and people are less religious, that we are free of any sort of dogma and close mindedness and being right and be boiled down to how scientific you claim to be.

I've fucked up wandered off topic greatly. Anyway the point is that "the spectacle" you could say is capitalism at its highest stage and will only expand as long as capitalism exists. Or something like that, idk because I'm not very smart.

Last edited by RedOak (2016-10-26 20:52:05)

#23 2016-10-26 03:32:28

RedOak
Fuck

I stumbled over my words quite terribly in that last post.

For the sake of posting something better in relation I'm just going to copy some shit from the book itself. The third entire chapter is one of the more straight forward and easy to understand chapters and it's also just very interesting, it should be read in its entirety but I find these four paragraphs from it particularly good.

False choice in spectacular abundance, a choice which lies in the juxtaposition of competing and complimentary spectacles and also in the juxtaposition of roles (signified and carried mainly by things) which are at once exclusive and overlapping, develops into a struggle of vaporous qualities meant to stimulate loyalty to quantitative triviality. This resurrects false archaic oppositions, regionalisms and racisms which serve to raise the vulgar hierarchic ranks of consumption to a preposterous ontological superiority. In this way, the endless series of trivial confrontations is set up again. from competitive sports to elections, mobilizing a sub-ludic interest. Wherever there is abundant consumption, a major spectacular opposition between youth and adults comes to the fore among the false roles–false because the adult, master of his life, does not exist and because youth, the transformation of what exists, is in no way the property of those who are now young, but of the economic system, of the dynamism of capitalism. Things rule and are young; things confront and replace one another.

What hides under the spectacular oppositions is a unity of misery. Behind the masks of total choice, different forms of the same alienation confront each other, all of them built on real contradictions which are repressed. The spectacle exists in a concentrated or a diffuse form depending on the necessities of the particular stage of misery which it denies and supports. In both cases, the spectacle is nothing more than an image of happy unification surrounded by desolation and fear at the tranquil center of misery.

The concentrated spectacle belongs essentially to bureaucratic capitalism, even though it may be imported as a technique of state power in mixed backward economies or, at certain moments of crisis, in advanced capitalism. In fact, bureaucratic property itself is concentrated in such a way that the individual bureaucrat relates to the ownership of the global economy only through an intermediary, the bureaucratic community, and only as a member of this community. Moreover, the production of commodities, less developed in bureaucratic capitalism, also takes on a concentrated form: the commodity the bureaucracy holds on to is the totality of social labor, and what it sells back to society is wholesale survival. The dictatorship of the bureaucratic economy cannot leave the exploited masses any significant margin of choice, since the bureaucracy itself has to choose everything and since any other external choice, whether it concern food or music, is already a choice to destroy the bureaucracy completely. This dictatorship must be accompanied by permanent violence. The imposed image of the good envelops in its spectacle the totality of what officially exists, and is usually concentrated in one man, who is the guarantee of totalitarian cohesion. Everyone must magically identify with this absolute celebrity or disappear. This celebrity is master of non-consumption, and the heroic image which gives an acceptable meaning to the absolute exploitation that primitive accumulation accelerated by terror really is. If every Chinese must learn Mao, and thus be Mao, it is because he can be nothing else. Wherever the concentrated spectacle rules, so does the police.

The diffuse spectacle accompanies the abundance of commodities, the undisturbed development of modern capitalism. Here every individual commodity is justified in the name of the grandeur of the production of the totality of objects of which the spectacle is an apologetic catalogue. Irreconcilable claims crowd the stage of the affluent economy’s unified spectacle; different star-commodities simultaneously support contradictory projects for provisioning society: the spectacle of automobiles demands a perfect transport network which destroys old cities, while the spectacle of the city itself requires museum-areas. Therefore the already problematic satisfaction which is supposed to come from the consumption of the whole, is falsified immediately since the actual consumer can directly touch only a succession of fragments of this commodity happiness, fragments in which the quality attributed to the whole is obviously missing every time.

Last edited by RedOak (2016-10-26 03:55:22)

#24 2016-10-26 14:48:51

sloth
WITNESS ME

SaintVicious wrote:

Basically this. Trump can't even pull a decent Hitler. I mean he got the Iconic haircut, much as Hitler had the beard. But he has neither the charisma nor the skill. Also Americans are retarded when it comes to nationalism. They are too hasty.
It took some time until Hitler got heard by the masses. And he was only able to get this far because his ... organisations were well established way before they were instituted as governmental functions so they could be present in the Reichstag and frighten the politicians.

1/10 America. For trying to get into Nationalism. You get the equivialent of an "E" for "Effort".

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#25 2016-10-26 16:05:22

Obscured
Devianteur

sloth wrote:

Hitler had the beard

>beard
it was a quarter of a moustache

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

Board footer