Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#651 2017-02-24 17:05:01

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Re: Controversial Opinions V.2

I am fine with more dead cops TBH, they actively enforce laws they don't agree with. When confronted with this they tell you to LOL CALL UR LAWMAKERS LMAO!!111 when if theres no enforcement the law is null and void anyways. Not to mention what the ratio of good to bad cop is and how "good" cops can and let "bad" cops get away with bullshit because "muh brotherhood" cops/armed forces are welfare whores.

#652 2017-02-24 18:27:47

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

While I recognize that coppas are just tools of the political elite, I also cant argue against the satisfactory sensation of crushing the pawns of the overlords.

"Creepy crazy fucking idiot Nr. 873894532"-aCol

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy
the most well written and verbose shitposter on the internet

#653 2017-02-24 22:42:48

loon_attic
Banned

muh thin blu line

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#654 2017-02-25 01:38:21

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

loon_attic wrote:

muh thin blu line

yea if you're worried about some faggy fraternity mentality over protecting people from corrupt pigs, you're equally as guilty and need to hang. In fact, cops who are found breaking the law should minimum get double the maximum sentence of the crimes they commit.

#655 2017-02-25 04:26:46

Green1

SaintVicious wrote:

I am fine with more dead cops TBH, they actively enforce laws they don't agree with. When confronted with this they tell you to LOL CALL UR LAWMAKERS LMAO!!111 when if theres no enforcement the law is null and void anyways. Not to mention what the ratio of good to bad cop is and how "good" cops can and let "bad" cops get away with bullshit because "muh brotherhood" cops/armed forces are welfare whores.

Ever contacted a lawmaker?

All they will do is send a form letter to you saying they value your input, blah, blah, blah and nothing further. Maybe even a custom form letter thanking you saying they differ on the issues.

The lawmakers are beholden to what the businesses want in his district. What the rich families want in his district (after all, he needs a cushy job in case he is not re elected). Chances are he goes to the same golf course and agrees with them anyways. You have to be rich to even be considered (at least seriously) to run even for a city council position in a medium sized city.

They do not care if whatever activity has been monetized by making it illegal. In fact, in the case of for profit prisons, may have a subsidy from it or at least know someone that has.

#656 2017-02-25 08:02:48

loon_attic
Banned

piggies dindu nuffin

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#657 2017-02-26 03:17:55

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Green1 wrote:
SaintVicious wrote:

All they will do is send a form letter to you saying they value your input, blah, blah, blah and nothing further. Maybe even a custom form letter thanking you saying they differ on the issues.

The lawmakers are beholden to what the businesses want in his district. What the rich families want in his district (after all, he needs a cushy job in case he is not re elected). Chances are he goes to the same golf course and agrees with them anyways. You have to be rich to even be considered (at least seriously) to run even for a city council position in a medium sized city.

They do not care if whatever activity has been monetized by making it illegal. In fact, in the case of for profit prisons, may have a subsidy from it or at least know someone that has.

Rich or richmaker. Successful fund raisers are just as valuable as people with lots of funds.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#658 2017-02-26 05:52:45

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

I fucking hate the phrase "pick your battles". Mothafucka, if Im in battle, have I not fucking picked it? Not to mention, it aint the same as war, the troops are as numerous as your will power to fight on. Why not fight every battle and tear down the opposition through attrition?

Battles of the mind are not finite in power. You can keep on smashing against that wall and you will either weaken it(or find a weak spot) or you will inevitabely realize you need to change your plans or back off.

Sissy bastards keep using the "pick your battles" nonsense while those who plow through every battle become the masters of the battlefield.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#659 2017-02-26 06:55:23

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Because of the idea of pyrrhic victory, if you're not gaining anything from a win, why engage in the first place?

#660 2017-02-26 18:17:55

Green1

brainiac3397 wrote:
Green1 wrote:
SaintVicious wrote:

Rich or richmaker. Successful fund raisers are just as valuable as people with lots of funds.

No.

Fundraisers are still employees or contractors.

A fundraiser can be fired and is dependent on the rich. Fundraisers are not allowed to spead thieri opinions as they solicit for whatever entity. Matters not what cause.

There was someone I knew who ran a phone bank raising money for a state trooper organization. He made the association millions. One day, the president of the State Troopers association came into the call center.  He found people dressed in tee shirts and some had (gasp) long hair. He immediately cancelled the contract. You would think he would be satisfied with folks GOOD at what they do and be pleased with millions. Did you think the rich Trooper President changed his mind and was pleased his stereotype of people was proved wrong and millions were provided to the families of State Troopers killed in the line of duty?

No. Damn those hippies. What kind of damn outfit you got representing MY TROOPERS!

He marched out then called his pet senator in the state legislature to try to shut down the fundraiser and punish the fundraiser AND the local city police union that still used the fundraising center.

It was only because the local police union ALSO had pet senators that the fundraiser still is in business and is not working in a plant somewhere.

#661 2017-02-27 04:56:23

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

SaintVicious wrote:

Because of the idea of pyrrhic victory, if you're not gaining anything from a win, why engage in the first place?

That notion doesnt apply to non-physical interactions. I dont lose brain troops. Combine humanities knack for the irrational and culpability to short-term memory, and there is no such thing as picking your battles except actually picking to engage in battle.

The mere act of battle is a victory because if you have cause and dont engage, its a guaranteed loss whether you "lose" in battle(lose in quotations because you can always continue the fight till death or irrelevance because you arent losing anything physical)

IMO pick your battles is just cowardly obedience to authority rather than a statement of making a rational choice to emgage. To the 3rd party coward, what is an important battle to you where merely clashing is in itself a success, is to them "unnecessary" because they are too afraid to do so or dont care(but if they didnt care, why do they step in as attempted arbitrators?)

This is a failed case of trying to apply shit to human interactions and thought by using physical occurences. Like how the "no true scotsman" fallacy is claimed for things like ideologies, which can themselves be lacking a concrete definition where all adherents are "scotsman" to their own community of followers.

These things are deemed petty not by some natural fact but by uninvested observers. What they mean by pick your battle is to either "wait till we feel angry enough to fight" or "do it where Im not around". Otherwise resistance is a battle that doesnt need to be "picked" because the goal isnt so much to win as it is it to "be". If you can guess the consequences of your battles, you have already picked em. Whether that means possibly getting fired or on bad grounds with a person.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#662 2017-02-28 02:22:07

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

Its more like, if you prove someone wrong, but look like a faggot to everyone else. did you really win? victory should have an actual benefit.

#663 2017-02-28 02:52:29

Green1

SaintVicious wrote:

Its more like, if you prove someone wrong, but look like a faggot to everyone else. did you really win? victory should have an actual benefit.

I am in agreement.

By all means, do not forget any injustice towards you. Leave any situation that actively screws you over and always seek better situations.

But, some fights are better left for others who are in a better position while you become more powerful yourself.

#664 2017-02-28 02:56:02

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

SaintVicious wrote:

Well, thaz where the political nature of it comes in, but if you're totally not giving a fuck, I don't think it's a mighty large concern. Fuck everyone else no?

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#665 2017-02-28 03:04:28

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

You have to gauge immediate gain, versus long term gain. Open confrontation reveals your plan to a degree.

#666 2017-03-01 01:20:28

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

SaintVicious wrote:

You have to gauge immediate gain, versus long term gain. Open confrontation reveals your plan to a degree.

On that note, long-term gain is absolutely delicious. There's nothing more gratifying than watching a complex long-term plan have all the pieces fall in and develop into a master piece of subterfuge and manipulation. IMO it's the closest feeling to being god himself, to pluck the strings of somebody's fate without their knowledge of your interference till it's too late.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#667 2017-03-16 11:46:14

Swift
retired commo

- marx was wrong about turning hegel 'on his head' and his philosophy is a neo-kantian distortion of hegelianism  (although he does manage to grasp key aspects of hegelian thought and develop what is generally a good enough political and social theory for individuals and political organisations to come to better conclusions than post-structuralists or other shitty bourgeois ideologies - his failure to truly apprehend hegel's speculative thought, hegelian phenomenology and why absolute idealism is better than even the least 'vulgar' forms of marxist materialism leaves marxists open to becoming extremely dogmatic)

- 21st century Western Stalinists are fundamentally different from Western Stalinists in the early-mid 20th century - rather than simply being ignorant of what was really going down in the Soviet Union/China/Cuba/etc. and seeing those nations as the centre of workers' power, Stalinists today are just edgelords obsessed with Soviet militarism, authoritarianism and the unity of social democracy with tanks

- millennials who are in love with popsci and muh reas0n n logik are the 'dumbazz christfagz' of the 21st century

Last edited by Swift (2017-03-16 11:46:31)

#668 2017-03-16 18:36:11

sloth
WITNESS ME

How the fuck do you guys even have time to philosphorise about this bullcrap of stalinist, communist, marxist, leftist, nazis, conservatives and the 79 other genders there are?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#669 2017-03-16 19:34:41

Obscured
Devianteur

sloth wrote:

How the fuck do you guys even have time to philosphorise about this bullcrap of stalinist, communist, marxist, leftist, nazis, conservatives and the 79 other genders there are?

No job.

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#670 2017-03-16 21:23:51

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I feel the state of edgists using the darknedgyist doctrine has deteriorated due to the jobists however the antijobist populace of darknedgyism has fallen to boredism and now they are ismists.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#671 2017-03-17 12:41:31

sloth
WITNESS ME

Well I ain't a jobist, for I have no job. But I am studying, so am I a studentist?

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

#672 2017-03-17 12:44:21

Fish20
sea creature
Website

yeah

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#673 2017-03-17 14:40:59

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

sloth wrote:

Well I ain't a jobist, for I have no job. But I am studying, so am I a studentist?

Sometimes you just question something, these particular issues are very hot button. Things just come to you, but you might be a more practical in the moment type.

#674 2017-03-17 23:15:10

brainiac3397
Machiavellian Amoeba

Swift wrote:

- marx was wrong about turning hegel 'on his head' and his philosophy is a neo-kantian distortion of hegelianism  (although he does manage to grasp key aspects of hegelian thought and develop what is generally a good enough political and social theory for individuals and political organisations to come to better conclusions than post-structuralists or other shitty bourgeois ideologies - his failure to truly apprehend hegel's speculative thought, hegelian phenomenology and why absolute idealism is better than even the least 'vulgar' forms of marxist materialism leaves marxists open to becoming extremely dogmatic)

- 21st century Western Stalinists are fundamentally different from Western Stalinists in the early-mid 20th century - rather than simply being ignorant of what was really going down in the Soviet Union/China/Cuba/etc. and seeing those nations as the centre of workers' power, Stalinists today are just edgelords obsessed with Soviet militarism, authoritarianism and the unity of social democracy with tanks

- millennials who are in love with popsci and muh reas0n n logik are the 'dumbazz christfagz' of the 21st century

Stalinism reminds me of the futurist movement combined with the art decon movement and saturated in a stew of communist ideology. The militarism, authoritarianism, obsession with an "energetic" urban culture etc.

Wes wrote:

^^ funny
this guy

#675 2017-03-18 11:24:36

sloth
WITNESS ME

SaintVicious wrote:
sloth wrote:

Sometimes you just question something, these particular issues are very hot button. Things just come to you, but you might be a more practical in the moment type.

The fuck is that even supposed to mean? Can't wrap my head around it the way you wrote that.

God wrote:

Board footer