Topic: Comodo certificate expires very soon

oy gevalt
what are we gonna do?

I must be able to just drop in a Let's Encrypt cert fairly easily... fuck
Maybe Sunday at 1 AM or some shit, or if I finish my homework fast enough

How would one run letsencrypt_nosudo to

1. generate shit that i can put on the server for auth with let's encrypt without stopping nginx and running simplehttpfuck
2. renew certificates
3. get a fucking certificate

just figure it out for me goyim yes

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: Comodo certificate expires very soon

Fine, I guess I'll start or whatever

What the fuck, it expires on 11/25/2015? I thought it expired today

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

We are now on a Let's Encrypt certificate.
woo hoo motherfucker

sloth wrote:

Based

absentinsomniac wrote:

Gay

"Humanity Is Overrated" - Shrek

not as gay as shelling out to CAs

sloth wrote:

Guys who I can tell what happened with the forum? I checked the letter they did not. This could be due to the fact that I use proxy server? I mean, my ip is not true.

profilautor wrote:

Guys who I can tell what happened with the forum? I checked the letter they did not. This could be due to the fact that I use proxy server? I mean, my ip is not true.

You talking about the "your connection is not private" message shit? I get that too, I think it's because our certificate thing is expired or something.

The cert for the forums won't expire until May 30th. It's probably some weird propagation issue or chrome being a complete faggot on cell phones. Hard to say, really. It automatically generates a new cert before expiration, iirc. I'd also recommend updating your browser, out of date browsers sometimes won't work with newer certificates or algorithms.

I thought there was some thing with browsers holding on to old certificates, even though the certificate was updated. Deleteing all browser data would fix it.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Some shit with the certificate chain sht maybe

sloth wrote:

I also got the connection is not private thing for like months until I wiped me PC (and reinstalled browser). I read somewhere that Chrome can hold onto old ssl certs and won't fetch the new one for some reason. I guess that was resolved, or maybe it happened in a dream lol. Can't find shit about it now....

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Or maybe I fixed it when you reinstalled and shit.
Or maybe you got a different browser or version or OS

sloth wrote: