Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2017-06-26 03:16:29

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Anti-White Rhetoric is Fueling White Nationalism

The Federalist wrote:

White people are being asked—or pushed—to take stock of their whiteness and identify with it more. This is a remarkably bad idea.

I opened Twitter recently and saw 20+ notifications. Most of the time that means the new generation of white nationalist Twitter trolls are filling my feed with racist and anti-Semitic cartoons. It was the trolls, but this was different. They were celebrating my use of the word “anti-white” in a tweet. They saw it as a victory that a “mainstream conservative” was using this term that for so long has been their calling card.

They had a point. Until recently I would have been unlikely to use the term. Not because I didn’t believe some people harbored animosity towards whites, but because that was a fringe attitude removed from power, which represented little real threat. That is no longer the case. Progressive rhetoric on race has turned an ugly corner and the existence of “anti-white” attitudes can no longer be ignored.

Read the rest: http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/23/how … tionalism/

So basically what this article is saying is that anti-white rhetoric from the left is in large part to blame for the rise of the alt-right. It is making people hyperconscious of race where, before, people tried to be "color blind." There's every reason to suspect making white people more tribal will lead to bad consequences. Sure, the "check your privilege" shtick works well on rich, white liberals from Fairfax, VA, or NYC, but what about white people who grew up poor or middle class in the heartland? They don't feel anything but alienated by this rhetoric. And the article has a study which seems to back this up.

As we grow more and more race aware, we will find that more and more white people take this awareness the opposite of the way that the originators of it intended. Instead of being aware of their privilege, they will be aware of their whiteness in a way that pushes them to join wonderful, culturally enriching groups like the KKK or skinheads. This is something we should all be worried by.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#2 2017-06-26 06:02:30

Green1

Re: Anti-White Rhetoric is Fueling White Nationalism

Nah.

The KKK and such are a dead, archaic breed sure to get you blackballed from jobs just by hanging around someone even rumored to be a member.

The skinheads are also showing some age and are unlikely to get into power positions that matter. You do not see skinhead plant managers or CEOs of major organizations. Skinheads are more city dwellers. No, Bubba is not going to shave his head to be made fun of while he is collecting his unemployment looking for an oil field job since the factory moved to China.

Of course they feel alienated as poor whites in the sticks, but the poor blacks out in the sticks tend to get imprisoned more and are in just as bad shape. If anything, it turns them more against these "academic rich folk libs" that  say this privilege nonsense to where they vote for anyone who seems like them who promises the return of good paying jobs.

This transgender/privshit talk is silly to them, not enraging because they never meet these people. Almost anyone who did live in their area who does believe like that moved to a high cost of living liberal state away from the rednecks.

#3 2017-06-26 07:06:43

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

I don't think you realize just how much the Klan has grown. And it's symptomatic of a more youthful alt right movement that is actually gaining traction among young white men. White supremacy is bigger than its been in years.

WsEkePS.png

#4 2017-06-26 20:21:55

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

Wes makes a point here. The mainstream centre-left's obsession with identities is pushing the white working class - and theoretically the demographics that should be most prone to supporting the centre-left - away from it. The fixation drowns out any discussion of class or bread and butter economic issues much of the time, possibly because talk about class and economic issues makes upper-middle class liberal women uncomfortable and feel excluded because they can't claim to be oppressed based on their class.

Bernie Sanders commended Corbyn for successfully running a campaign here in the UK that didn't neglect class issues, instead addressing them head on and successfully winning back Redkippers as a result who otherwise probably would've voted Conservative, UKIP, or not voted at all.

A lot of people from the white working class demographic I encounter seem to support the alt-right/modern nationalism but simultaneously make statements that suggest that they could've been on the left if it weren't for mainstream Democrats et al obsessing over exclusively cultural issues.

a.

#5 2017-06-26 21:31:18

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Trump connect right with the white working class by addressing their concerns. He's no supreme fiscal conservative either. Bernie on the other hand bowed to his BLM overlords and looked weak and cucked as a result.

WsEkePS.png

#6 2017-06-26 23:53:55

sloth
WITNESS ME

But we waz kings an shiet.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#7 2017-06-27 00:02:22

loon_attic
Banned

This shit is so true. Fucking idiots. But it's true of the other side as well. Racist and misogynist idiots with stupid opinions fuel the fire on the other side...

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#8 2017-06-27 00:11:35

sloth
WITNESS ME

I say, we mix genes with octopus and create a master race of octopussies.
Since octopussies can change colors, teh race issue will be beyond us.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

#9 2017-06-27 14:15:42

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

TheWake wrote:

Trump connect right with the white working class by addressing their concerns. He's no supreme fiscal conservative either. Bernie on the other hand bowed to his BLM overlords and looked weak and cucked as a result.

Bernie was far more effective at winning white working class support than perhaps any other Democrat of the 2010's running for any office anywhere in the United States.

Hillary was far worse. I remember that Hillary rally in which someone from BLM pointed out that Bernie's campaign released an ad that didn't star any black people and the BLM guy's response was "It just looks to me like black lives don't matter to Bernie Sanders"

a.

#10 2017-06-27 21:31:45

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Haha yeah they really targeted Bernie for some reason.

WsEkePS.png

#11 2017-06-27 22:49:15

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

bernie literally walked with martin luther king lol, black people are so retarded

#12 2017-06-27 22:53:49

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

These BLM fucks wouldn't know a good white ally if they bailed them out of jail after they rioted. There's honestly little redeeming about the group's tactics, even if the idea of criminal justice reform and drug law reform is great. BLM is full of people with counter-productive, leftist ideologies too.

WsEkePS.png

#13 2017-06-27 23:12:42

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I never looked into BLM at all, is it like an actual organized group or is it just a bunch of disparate bands of roving protesters that get together randomly under that banner? Like I really can't tell where or who's organizing these left wing groups who basically seem to be sustained by emotional reaction and a weird need to be recognized by their group or whatever.

Fucc

#14 2017-06-28 00:21:41

loon_attic
Banned

fuck i hate people
bender for president

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#15 2017-06-28 00:30:02

sloth
WITNESS ME

Hail Bender!

God wrote:

#16 2017-06-28 00:42:38

Derchin

absentinsomniac wrote:

I never looked into BLM at all, is it like an actual organized group or is it just a bunch of disparate bands of roving protesters that get together randomly under that banner?

A little of both, but mostly the former.

Homepage: http://blacklivesmatter.com/

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#17 2017-06-28 05:39:38

Green1

absentinsomniac wrote:

I never looked into BLM at all, is it like an actual organized group or is it just a bunch of disparate bands of roving protesters that get together randomly under that banner? Like I really can't tell where or who's organizing these left wing groups who basically seem to be sustained by emotional reaction and a weird need to be recognized by their group or whatever.

The latter. It is a hashtag movement that grew. There is no leadership per se. But, it does show up wherever the next big unarmed black person shooting of the month is.

It's a broad "anti" movement.

As far as organizers, it is:

- UU ministers and liberal humanists who think it would be nice not to beat the shit out of and kill poor blacks
- People who have been fucked over by pigs, particularly if they think it racial and not just social class.
- assholes like the Nation of Islam who think all whites are children of demons let out of the European caves and should shot and other sick delusional fucks.

And it travels with the latest outrage of the drive by media to wherever before moving somewhere else.

As far as "who", depends on which of the above groups brings the most folks and who is the most pissed off. The ones that get arrested most or piss off the most folks is BLM.

So, you really can not say it is a "group".

#18 2017-06-28 15:40:58

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

It just seems like they're going about it the exact opposite of the equality and peace pushed by MLK in the Civil Rights movement. Instead, they're permeated with the racial privilege idea.

WsEkePS.png

#19 2017-06-28 15:55:01

absentinsomniac
Administrator

identity politics or whatever I guess

Fucc

#20 2017-06-28 17:23:45

loon_attic
Banned

absentinsomniac wrote:

Cancer

sloth wrote:

#21 2017-06-30 02:03:30

sloth
WITNESS ME

Well if the nice Europeans in Uniforms would've taken over America, we wouldn't have this problem any longer.

God wrote:

#22 2017-06-30 02:24:26

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

We don't need no eurotrash overlords.

WsEkePS.png

#23 2017-06-30 02:54:23

sloth
WITNESS ME

Stop with this kind of rethoric. To us you're still the colonies.

God wrote:

#24 2017-06-30 03:53:27

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

We were never a German colony, kraut.

WsEkePS.png

#25 2017-06-30 04:25:12

Green1

loon_attic wrote:
absentinsomniac wrote:

Cancer

Agreed...

But if you really look at the root of it, it is not really about "equality". It is about getting ahead just because genetic or lifestyle stuff over other opposing genetics or lifestyle. Even when whatever issues or failures had little to do with either.

Board footer