Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2017-07-04 05:50:06

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Mom of 7 year old trans kid wants to freeze her eggs???

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/201 … ir-mother/

I have a transgender 7 year old daughter. She has become a beautiful, happy, vibrant person since she started transitioning a year ago. I have no reason to think her identity will change and neither does her therapist.

Because she is so young, she will most likely go on puberty blockers before she ever creates sperm. If she then goes onto hormone treatments directly from the blockers, she will be sterile. She will never create sperm.

She’s too young to tell me whether she might someday want biological children, and I strongly suspect, knowing her personality as I do, that she will not want to give up hormone treatments for the length of time it would take to create sperm, because the effects on HER would be, well, significant.

I am in a “Parent of Trans kids” group online and several of the moms mentioned that they were freezing their own eggs for their transgender daughters, so that their daughters could someday have the option of having children who are at least partially related to them. On the one hand, it seems like a huge expense for my daughter to be able to have a child who is a genetic half-sibling… but on the other hand, I see the reasoning. I am also a chronic worrier and I wonder if doing this would cause the child to feel pressured to use the eggs even if they didn’t really want to. :-/

I’m curious what you older (than my 7 year old daughter) folks think about this. Is it a ridiculous idea? My daughter has two half siblings who could conceivably donate eggs or sperm later on in life, and that kind of seems like it might be a better option to me.

If I did this for her, I’d have to do it NOW before I get any older and my eggs deteriorate, but luckily I’m not out of the age window to have healthy eggs right now. I am, however, not in any financial position to do this, though I hear that there may be options to help with that and will look into them if it seems like a good idea.

So… basically I’m just curious to see what the reaction to the idea is, here in this community. I’m leaning towards “probably unnecessary and maybe even a bit weird” but… if someday my daughter wanted it, I’d hate to say I passed up the opportunity to help her.

EDIT: Secondary question, but related. I am in contact with a young transwoman who does have frozen sperm and wants to have biological children. She is not in a good financial place for in vitro, surrogate, all that. I am not comfortable being a surrogate but would be willing to donate eggs to her for free (no reimbursement for my time, and willing to travel to work within her free healthcare system) but I don’t know her that well and don’t know if it’s appropriate to offer or weird? I’ve donated eggs in the past to an anonymous couple, so I know how it works and what to expect. I just don’t know whether it’s something to offer or not. I don’t want to make someone feel weird or obligated… but it could eliminate a portion of the cost, and I have a good track record – I’ve successfully donated before, and have three healthy children. Just not sure how or whether to approach it, I guess…

Last edited by TheWake (2017-07-04 06:11:59)

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#2 2017-07-04 09:09:39

Obscured
Devianteur

Re: Mom of 7 year old trans kid wants to freeze her eggs???

I'm not bothered by the eggs thing but, fuck, 7 year old transgender kid who is actually going to take hormones throughout puberty... just sounds batshit to me. How is this sensible?

Last edited by Obscured (2017-07-04 09:12:14)

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#3 2017-07-04 18:23:14

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I just think that for 99%+ of 7 year olds, they just don't have the capacity for self-awareness to make a decision like that. It's not like attraction where you might be able to tell what turns you on, it takes some serious self-reflection and a really strong sense of self to decide you're gonna straight up change your physiology. I straight up didn't even know what trans was at 7 and you're telling me some 7 year olds can make that call? Lol. Even if they are legit trans how would they be capable of realizing that so early?

Fucc

#4 2017-07-04 20:25:27

sloth
WITNESS ME

Scan the brain, check of specific regions being more active/bigger. I was told most gays have a brain structure similar to women.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#5 2017-07-04 21:06:08

loon_attic
Banned

sloth wrote:

Scan the brain, check of specific regions being more active/bigger. I was told most gays have a brain structure similar to women.

Yeah, my first reaction was that that transitioning thing so early on was fucked up. Especially after reading the story of some tomboy who ended up being comfortable with being female/"a woman" even though she had many "male stuff" preferences.

But if it could be made accurate with science, I don't see a problem with it. But that's very doubtful..

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#6 2017-07-04 21:41:47

sloth
WITNESS ME

The biggest problem there is, that since eugenics and holocaust were a thing in a certain nation once, research into what makes people homosex is not as active as it could be. Although it would be interesting.

Dammit, some fags even want a fucking "cure". But that does not fit into the agenda of the early 21st century.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

#7 2017-07-04 22:32:43

SaintVicious
Jewing Intensifies

>7 years old
man when will this fucking lunacy stop.
Disgusting.

#8 2017-07-04 22:52:22

sloth
WITNESS ME

SaintVicious wrote:

>7 years old
man when will this fucking lunacy stop.
Disgusting.

Allah will stop it.

God wrote:

#9 2017-07-05 00:21:31

Green1

I used to like dressing as Chewbacca when I was seven.

What if my parents decided that I was just a wookie in a human body and took me to Hair Club for Men and had follicles transplanted all over my body to help me bring out the true wookie within me?

I mean, we have to be accepting even if wookies are a fictional species? And all the attention from the Wookie support facebook page and the funds from the patreon account so my parents could be in Paris sipping wines when I am 20 and homeless and needing lifetime therapy.....

#10 2017-07-05 00:35:04

sloth
WITNESS ME

Stop this wookie discrimination bullshit right there. One of my best friends identifies and is identified by friends as a wookie. A genuily good person.

Fucking degenerate scum, check your privledge!

God wrote:

#11 2017-07-05 03:42:08

Green1

... and, what if I as a wookie were sterilized because I had to even have them put implanted hair on my penis? Isn't it nice my dad jacked off in a jar so I could still baste a woman (if they got past my wookie-ness?) Or if I was into gay wookie sex, an egg plucked from my mom's vagina and implanted in my wooike partner?

Nevermind I may be pissed at having to spend 300 USD in razors a month because few want to hire a walking carpet nor fuck one. Or in an institution in the few actual long time large psych hospitals out in the middle of nowhere chatting with John Hinkley and Hannibal Lector while making sure not to get fur in my food.

But hell, if I do manage to be an awesome enough person and get someone wanting to swap genetic material on Life Day (wookie-ness aside) and be on the hook for 18 years, we at least have mom's egg! But can I afford the McMansion down payment to wookie-fy it if I want to expect it to become a wookie?

Last edited by Green1 (2017-07-05 03:42:37)

#12 2017-07-05 16:30:35

sloth
WITNESS ME

You will always find a job at a freak show.

God wrote:

#13 2017-07-05 18:34:44

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I am skeptical about trans kids knowing they are trans at 7. I mean I knew I was gay maybe in the back of my mind because I always tried to draw naked guys and took the pants of some of my action figures like the hulk. But I barely even knew what gay even was then. To know you are trans at 7 just seems like parents wanting there kid to be a special snowflake. Just like when people invent genders out of nowhere so they can pretend to be unique and special.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#14 2017-07-05 22:41:50

sloth
WITNESS ME

I'm offendedgender and I find your statement offensive.

(Also you should come to Finland there's bois there you'd probably wanna fuck)

God wrote:

#15 2017-07-06 04:40:58

Fish20
sea creature
Website

I'd really like to go to Finland but probably won't have any reason to tbh. Like, I'd have to have a reason to give my parens for going vs staying in shitty US. But I would enjoy the suanas as a good excuse to peek at all the cute Finnish twinks hahaha. I probably would like it more than US in most ways and I would be far away from annoying people. I'm having a hard time getting my shit together.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#16 2017-07-06 12:48:39

sloth
WITNESS ME

It's probably STILL cheaper than tuition fees in America, and you still would get bonus out of country experiance...I mean they introduced tution fees but it's not that much, iirc about 100 € / semster or so. Would have to check.

Also the education system of even the shittiest EU country usually is better than America. Just sayin.

God wrote:

#17 2017-07-06 15:55:02

Fish20
sea creature
Website

It's 4500 usd per year for VAMK which is cheaper than in state tuition in USA. They have IT programs in English which is great. I looked at a few others, one was more expensive, others didn't have a lot of English courses so. Know of any University that are good?

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#18 2017-07-06 17:22:05

sloth
WITNESS ME

Centria AMK has IT. Although you would want to go to a bigger city like Espoo, Vaasa or Helsinki.

God wrote:

#19 2017-08-02 12:17:07

Swift
retired commo

pretty sure if they kids they just allowed to take hormone blockers until they're of age

#20 2017-08-23 02:59:23

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Swift wrote:

pretty sure if they kids they just allowed to take hormone blockers until they're of age

That's relatively fucked, blocking the normal course of puberty in an otherwise healthy human.;

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#21 2017-08-26 03:02:13

Virtue
Member of a dead website

To my knowledge hormone blockers are pretty much as safe as it gets in medicine and the effects are reversible. Unless valid research that says otherwise comes up I see no reason to be against it.

#22 2017-08-26 03:23:08

Fish20
sea creature
Website

The problem is there isn't much research to say if they are dangerous or not dangerous. It is up in the air. It won't kill your child, but it is not known the effect on brain development and other things. It is known that fertility can be effected by them. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/artic … d-unknown/

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#23 2017-08-26 19:51:27

Virtue
Member of a dead website

Some things are still a bit up in the air, but the evidence that does exist leans overwhelmingly to their effects being pretty much harmless. With children I can understand concern surrounding a treatment which is pretty new, at the same time I know people who would have killed to have been put on hormone blockers. Really unless there is a big case for the possible risks and not just a what if I think it's better that children who show signs of gender dysphoria get this relatively safe treatment rather than run the known risk of them committing suicide later in life because they can't live with their bodies.

#24 2017-08-27 09:53:25

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Saying you like girly things is not gender dysphoria though. This coming from a guy who used to play with dolls sometimes, favorite film was wizard of oz up till i was like 7, and thought I wanted to be a girl cause I didn't know gay was a thing. I litteraly told my brother I wanted to be a girl when I was 8. I would be pissed as fuck if my parents forced me to have hormone blockers and be trans just cause I was confused. The thing is, kids don't know what hormones even are, so it shouldn't be forced upon them before they have any idea. I'd say at least wait till the are just starting puberty to truly understand what their getting into. Like 10-12 ages at earliest.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

#25 2017-08-30 12:29:05

Green1

Fish20 wrote:

Saying you like girly things is not gender dysphoria though. This coming from a guy who used to play with dolls sometimes, favorite film was wizard of oz up till i was like 7, and thought I wanted to be a girl cause I didn't know gay was a thing. I litteraly told my brother I wanted to be a girl when I was 8. I would be pissed as fuck if my parents forced me to have hormone blockers and be trans just cause I was confused. The thing is, kids don't know what hormones even are, so it shouldn't be forced upon them before they have any idea. I'd say at least wait till the are just starting puberty to truly understand what their getting into. Like 10-12 ages at earliest.

10 to 12?

It would really fucking suck to think you were a girl at 12 and have these hormones shoved down your throat then wake up at age 18 wanting hetero or gay sex and having a 3 inch micropenis because mommie wanted a job at a national non profit trans advocacy group and decided creating a preteen trans was the ticket.

Board footer