1 (edited by Marlena403 2018-01-31 19:14:31)

Topic: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

Today in art, the teacher's favourite student told me to shut up when I was asking another student for help with my work. We were doing our evaluations. It is very dificult for me, so I asked the girl next to me for help. The teacher's favourite student told me to shut up. I yelled at her. The teacher (let's call her Torn Mouth) not only didn't help me, but was also saying some very rude things to me. It's obvious that both the Torn Mouth and her favourite student hate my voice. I mean, the teacher even gave us permission to help each other.


I left the class but had to go back again to get my stuff because teachers in the Learning Support were too lazy to do it for me. Torn Mouth's favourite student was being rude to me again and we had to get in a fight. Torn Mouth was being even more rude to me, so I yelled at her, told her that I hate her and told her that I wish she was dead. I then went out (with my stuff) and wrote on the wall.


During Period 3, I had a think about what happened and I realised that the teacher was being racist. She always treated that girl better because her parents were born in the same country as her while she treats me, my sister, and the girl who I asked for help like dirt because she hates Polish people.


My Pastoral Leader told me that I will be excluded from school, but she doesn't know how many days I'll be excluded for.


Torn Mouth always treated that girl better than me, but when I met her, she was not treating me as badly as she does now. In fact, she was nice to me, just not as nice as to the other girl.



Does anyone know how to deal with racist teachers?

When in doubt, C4.

2 (edited by sloth 2018-01-31 22:03:19)

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

Getting angry is the wrong response. People like this, especially teachers, care about thinking they are respected. I would say the best way is not to let it affect you even if you get angry, but also draw clear boundries. If she says unacceptable racist things, simply state it. "This comment was racist and unnecessary". Show them you are better than them. Nothing makes them more angry than knowing somebody does not respect their opinion and will not have any of their bullshit. Try to say it not in a pissed off voice, but in a cold and serious one. Look them into the eyes and show now emotion in your face.
And it is always good to have good relations with principles or anybody in a higher position than them. Believe me, it can help a lot. I had extremly good relations with one of the vice principles of my old school, so when a teacher was rude and disrespectful to me I refused to do what she said (was whipping along with my chair). Talked to that guy in front of her (she didn't speak english, and we spoke english, concluded that he neither I have a problem with each other. Then he told her that it was a waste of his time that she got him and that he doesn't want that to happen again.
I wasn't disrespectful, I simply said "You demand respect from me, if you wouldn't have asked in such a rude manner I would have done it. But if you talk to me like this, I will not do so". She was later seen very pissed and also crying. It felt good.

And after the being sent home for a few days, just don't really interact with her. Do what you must, do it in a cold manner. Give answers in a cold manner, keep them short. Make her feel that she is the problem, not you. And if she really is as racist as you say and starts talking shit like how you treat her, just say that you don't want to interact with racists more than necessary. And if she asks her if you think she is racist, then say honestly you do. She might hate you for it, but what do you have to lose? Is better if the cards are on the tabel.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral



When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

I think my race teacher is an artist. What do I do???

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

Fish20 wrote:

I think my race teacher is an artist. What do I do???

install gentoo

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

I think my racist is an art teacher. What the hell do I do?

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

Is she a Nazi bitch or what?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

TheForgotHisPassword wrote:

I think my racist is an art teacher. What the hell do I do?

Use him to create 4th reich.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral



When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

sloth wrote:

After the being sent home for a few days, just don't really interact with her. Do what you must, do it in a cold manner. Give answers in a cold manner, keep them short. Make her feel that she is the problem, not you. And if she really is as racist as you say and starts talking shit like how you treat her, just say that you don't want to interact with racists more than necessary. And if she asks her if you think she is racist, then say honestly you do. She might hate you for it, but what do you have to lose? Is better if the cards are on the tabel.

I didn't really get sent home. I got a Seclusion instead.


I wanted to do as you said at first, but yesterday I've been told by my Pastoral Leader that I must go to art on Monday even if I'm not ready (unless a lady will come to school and talk to me about my behaviour, which she is supposed to do on Monday, but I'm not sure which lesson). My Pastoral Leader also thought that I called the whole school racist (she wasn't the only one thinking that though) when I only called one art teacher racist. On my incident report it also said " she was standing close to her face shouting "I wish you were dead"" when I wasn't close to her face. Yes, I was aggressive, yes I did say that I wish the teacher was dead, but I didn't stand close to her face.


I went to my Pastoral Leader yesterday to tell her that there's something wrong with my incident report and she told me that someone else told her that I was standing close to the teacher's face. The only other teacher I saw in that classroom when I came back to pick my stuff was my Science teacher from Year 7, 8 and 9, who's now a Year 9 Pastoral Leader (Not my Pastoral Leader because I'm in Year 10). I don't even remember standing close to anyone's face on that day.


The art teacher didn't really use any racist words, but instead, after her "favourite student" told me to shut up and I yelled at her, the teacher helped her make me upset instead of telling her off for being rude.


My Pastoral Leader also told me that the teacher told her that the girl said "Be quiet" and the word "Shut up" wasn't used at all. In fact, it was used. The teacher just didn't believe me for some stupid reason.


Even if she ISN'T racist, I KNOW that she DOES hate me.


Today I apologised to the girl, but not to the teacher because she wasn't in school today (and I wasn't meant to have art with her today either). She isn't in school on Thursdays and Fridays. (At least not during Week 1, I'm not sure about Week 2)


If the teacher doesn't forgive me, it's OK because I don't deserve it anyway. Since this incident was very serious AND I don't forgive others anyway, I don't know why she should forgive me.

When in doubt, C4.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

You need to keep your cool... no matter what, losing your cool almost never has good consequences. Be cold and calculating, try to find a minimal risk way to "seek justice"resolve your problems and you'll be much better off.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

And this is why you have a recorder running in such instances. Illegal? Maybe. But it proves a point.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral



When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

murder is sometimes an acceptable answer.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

Murder is usually the acceptable answer

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

I did resolve the issue last week on Monday. I wrote her an apology letter and gave it to her. The teacher accepted my apology, but a girl who sits next to me in art said that the teacher hates me a bit because of the incident. I decided to speak to the teacher to see whether she hates me or not. She said she didn't and also told me exactly why she thought the girl had not told me to shut up. She said that she didn't hear it being said. She also said that Italians don't use that kind of language and that they're delicate.


Ok, why is she stereotyping her own country? I mean, it's not good to stereotype. She herself might not use swear words or offensive language, but the girl who annoyed me, DOES. In fact, this isn't the first time this girl told me to shut up. She also did that several times in RS, used the word "piss" in art class once (the Teaching Assistant told her off for that, lol.) and the girl once used the words "fuck" and "shit," but I forgot in which classes.


However, I was too scared to tell anybody about the stereotype because I didn't want to get into more trouble as I knew that no one would believe me. I decided to just deal with it for now. I found out that the teacher didn't actually mean to be racist.



I was told to never bring up the issue again.


I really hope this was the last time something like that heppened.

When in doubt, C4.

Re: I think my art teacher is racist. What do I do?

I say shit, fuck, cunt, bitch, motherfucker, vittu, saatana, perkele, scheisse, suka, blyat, pizdec alot. Not kurwa though for some odd reason.
But usually never to people (maybe about people if they annoy me, and very rarely to somebodies face unless they really annoy me).

Fucking pussies nowadays offended at words...in my day, we got offended from actions.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral



When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.