Re: Absent's Code Thread / Tech Blog

That is what they want you to do.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Ya well I'm broke and the alternative is continuing to work in this grocery store.

I guess I can go another two months but if nothing turnsup, fuck it.

My last resort is revature, 2 year contract, 50k/ year, move wherever they want me to.

Got the old thinkserver booted back up. Planning on installing / building a file hosting thing with accounts for my friends and family. Gonna put a shitton of movies and music on there. Also the images for the blog are back up in my openbsd VM. Should probably upgrade that but it's not *too* far out of date yet. Another time. Really I should just move the images for the blog to the DnE server lol but I'm too lazy atm.

Anyway the slackware instance that's basically acting as the "hyperviser" for the thing is up to date, except it's on slackware 14.1...
Will upgrade it now I guess.

OpenBSD has an hypervisor now. I'm not sure if it can run Linux, though

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

From what I've read vmm still has a ways to go before it's really "production ready". It can run alpine and shit though. I'm just gonna run nextcloud directly on slackware though.

So, I set up plex, which is a media server, and I set up nextcloud, which is like an open source google cloud type implementation, on my server. I'm going to give access to a few friends and family so we can share movies / files and whatever over my server. I'm setting up dynamic dns over namecheap, and also let's encrypt, and doing it over a personal domain. Dynamic dns is cool because it updates the I.P. every time my I.P. changes on namecheap, so I don't have to worry about that at all. There's clients that access it for slackware in sbopkgs. ddclient is what I'll use.

Pretty complicated setup sort of but it's gonna be worth it. The only downside is paying for the dns and paying for proxies / vpn's for torrenting lol. Might set up Kodi instead of plex at some point but it's a headless server, so...

Actually finished all of that tonight.  On my personal domain, have a plex server accessible over the net. And nextcloud. And it's secured with ssl via let's encrypt. Cool. And it's all running off my thinkserver downstairs lol.

Quemu-kvm networking is very confusing to me atm, so idk how to fix the bridge. Loon set that up iirc. Broke after upgrading to 14.2, essentially the tap device or whatever comes up and when I run the command to start it it says it's already busy. ?????

Whatever for now.

yeah it's a shit. it may be best to use that virtual network device thing

haha i dont remember anything

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

The imagehost is pretty much the only important thing on there anyway.
And that... other thing. I'll move images over at some point to the DnE server
and the other thing isn't actually that important atm. Or I'll just do that yeah lol.
I forget but yeah there's probably easier ways to spin up a qemu-kvm thing kek.

Idk it's using openvpn and maybe I'll just write a script to do it directly or something
if I feel like it.