Re: Absent's Code Thread / Tech Blog

Yeah. Apparently $_GET is only for URL variables, regardless of the type of request. Not very well named.. so you can see what the change would do by setting it https://forums.darknedgy.net/search.php … lue=172000

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Yeah makes sense to me. Although, why you would ask a chemist for IT problems is beyond my expertise, I ain't that good of a programmer.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Okay I set it for 1 week since we're not that active anymore. Who's idea was it to set "new posts" and "active topics" to be the same anyway? It always seemed identical anyway, the code is a bit different idk. Too lazy to check what the actual differences are, but it seems functionally the same.

Also sloth idk you seem decent, especially with python, and php isn't the most complicated language ever

True, true - I mean if even V.R. complimented me once on my code it can't be that bad. I mess that fellow btw. Probably better at programming than chemistry tbh.

But PHP is still a piece of shit.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

Yeah, a good bit of the internet is built on it though

>> Fail2ban can't work because kernel upgrade and I can't restart it because it's encrypted and the module won't load

welp, guess it doesn't need to ban people anyway since sshd only uses a single key to let anyone in but whatever

>> Sign up for triple byte not really realizing what it is
>> Go through 35 question "quiz"
>> Next step is programming challenges
>> Realize this is actually their fucking interview process and not just a quiz like I thought that would "gauge my skillz"
>> Actually passed the "quiz" even though I don't know ruby and shit somehow

Whoops. I was looking for somewhere to delete my account so I can re-do this at a later date but I don't see anywhere to do so. I did pass the quiz though so I guess I can always just go back when I'm a better programmer and do the actual coding portion of the interview. Fucc.

You're hired!

i just tried to open an mp4 with xpdf 3 times and was pissed the torrent wasn't working
fuck im tired