Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2019-01-06 22:50:57

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Big 5 Personality test thread

Fucc

#2 2019-01-07 00:25:36

loon_attic
Banned

Re: Big 5 Personality test thread

"I tend to vote for liberal political candidates" the fuck

Pretty annoying set up

WntGEo3.png

i call bullshit.. i'm not even as modest as it says
many really depended on context

edit 2019: got slightly less neurotic, more of everything else. now it says i have sympathy

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#3 2019-01-07 01:03:19

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Big 5 is easily the most empirically supported test to date for personality. Idk about this implementation of it, and I'm sure there's still huge problems with the big 5, but it's fairly repeatable and mostly based on statistics instead of theory. It's not quite as good as IQ but it's pretty good, as far as social science goes. This implementation draws it's questions from IPIP, which is the International Personality Item Pool. This is a pretty standard pool for psychological testing.

I bet it depends on your mood when taking it and shit though. I retook it twice and my scores were a little different. Nothing too crazy though. Plus the answers don't really tell you that much unless you have correlation data in other research. It's just kinda fun to take.

Fucc

#4 2019-01-07 01:24:13

loon_attic
Banned

guess i'm super unconscientious and  have no sympathy

might be cool to make some page scraper to get the data from results

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#5 2019-01-08 03:46:18

Fish20
sea creature
Website

k4m0Csr.png

Same thing I got before.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#6 2019-01-08 06:31:40

Alistoriv
Sanity Not Included

uuPFe2C.png

hah wow idk
unsurprising that so many of us have high neuroticism scores

#7 2019-01-08 07:10:21

Fish20
sea creature
Website

it kinda sucks to think about it. I'd rather be more conscientious and extroverted than agreeable and neurotic. apparently it's very improbable to change any of these things.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

#8 2019-01-08 15:28:03

sloth
WITNESS ME

Fish20 wrote:

it kinda sucks to think about it. I'd rather be more conscientious and extroverted than agreeable and neurotic. apparently it's very improbable to change any of these things.

Hey! Another neurotic! Although I think my test was a bit fucked, since I did it on the comedown of whatever I was spiked with.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#9 2019-01-08 16:25:45

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Wikipedia

A rank-order change refers to a change in an individual's personality trait relative to other individuals; such changes do not occur very often.[13] A mean-level change refers to an absolute change in the individual's level of a certain trait over time. Longitudinal research shows that mean-level change does occur.[13] However, some traits tend to change while some traits tend to stay stable.

They change. Probably more so if you try to change them, too. Probably most people aren't actively trying to change. Idk.

Fucc

#10 2019-01-12 05:46:41

The
He's Back

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5073727/

Agreeable people have more sex but with less partners. I find that pretty fucking interesting.

Even though they fuck less people they actually have more sex.

But that also goes to show that disagreeable people fuck more bitches. And disagreeable bitches are bigger thots.

#11 2019-01-13 14:51:17

Obscured
Devianteur

l1YbC7q.png

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

#12 2019-01-14 22:53:14

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Neuroticism apparently:

Sample items

I get irritated easily.
    I get stressed out easily.
    I get upset easily.
    I have frequent mood swings.
    I worry about things.
    I am much more anxious than most people.[56]
    I am relaxed most of the time. (reversed)
    I seldom feel blue. (reversed)[40]

It's supposed to correlate with things like depression, anxiety, anger, low tolerance for stress, and that sort of thing... I assume anyone with an actual mental disorder like anxiety or depression would score high on this, though.

Fucc

#13 2019-01-15 02:24:57

Sharpie
Administrator

I maxed out neuroticism and openness xD

Agreeableness was like half and the rest was super low
seems accurate i guess

#14 2019-01-15 03:09:24

Fish20
sea creature
Website

https://ink.library.smu.edu.sg/cgi/view … s_research

The present study examined individual differences in change in extroversion, neuroticism, and work and relationship satisfaction.  Of  particular  interest  were  the  correlations between  changes.  Data  were  from  the  Victorian  Quality  of  Life Panel Study (B. Headey & A. Wearing, 1989, 199 2), in which an overall 1,130 individuals participated (ages 16 to 70). Respondents  were assessed every 2  years  from 1981 to 1989. Four major findings emerged. (a) There were significant  individual  differences  in  changes  in  extraversion  and  neuroticism.  (b)  Change  was  not  limited  to  young adulthood. (c) Development was systematic in that increased work and relationship satisfaction was associated with decreases in neuroticism and increases in extraversion over time; on average, the magnitude of the relation between changes  in  work  and  relationship satisfaction  and  traits  was  .40.  (d)  Cross-lagged  models  indicated  traits  had  a greater influence on role satisfaction; however, marginal support emerged for work satisfaction leading to increased extraversion. Implications of correlated change are discussed.

Well that seems hopeful.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

sloth wrote:

loon_attic wrote:

absentinsomniac wrote:

Board footer