Topic: tinder

is there any point in trying it or is it just fit guys getting with fat girls?

possessed by the sweaty grip of the moron

Re: tinder

Sure do it why not

Don't take it seriously tho or expect anything out of it, just do it for fun yeah

I got semi catfished the other day lmao. Still made out with her tho and she was engaged. Hasn't worked for me particularly well but I think I'll go get some pictures done professionally some day and give it a real try. Also be selective, you don't get matches if you always swipe right. 40/60 is a good ratio of left to right swipes, plus you actually have to message people or it hurts you in the tinder system.

Hurts me how?

The way tinder works, they classify people based on perceived attractiveness and activity. They don't want to show the hottest girls to guys who will accept uglier girls. If you're always swiping right, they show you to uglier girls and show you uglier girls. They also don't want to show the hottest girls guys who don't actually communicate with them, because it will reduce their engagement within the app. So if you're matching with people and not talking to them, it's going to hurt your rating in their system and they'll show you to less people in general. Also, how are you going to get dates if you're not interacting with matches?

A good rule of thumb is, if you don't think you'd message them and try to set up a date, swipe left. It's a bit counter intuitive, but it works if you have pretty good pictures. Now, you don't know how good your pictures are. It's been proven people are bad at judging their own pictures. Like terrible at it, your brain just isn't cut out to judge your own pictures. It doesn't work. Get some pictures together, and test them on photofeeler.com. That's what I did, and all of my pictures are at least medium+ attractiveness. Most are a little higher than that. To be very successful on tinder as a male you need to be in the top 10% but you can get a few outliers here and there. The marketplace is pretty shit for guys in general, but if you put effort into it, make a decent profile with a decent bio, test your pictures, you can get dates every once in a while.

It's probably not going to help your self confidence but it's worth it even if you can't get girls out on dates. You can't think of it as something that indicates how attractive you are in real life, or how desirable you are though, tinder is it's own microcosm that doesn't reflect reality. I do WAY better in real life than on tinder. By a huge margin.

6 (edited by Obscured 2018-12-10 18:03:03)

>tfw you see your fat annoying cousin on tinder

Alabama?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

dont spam right swiping you need to swipe left so that you get seen by people you swiped right on.

Tinder is alright. I love swiping right on "if you support Trump swipe left" then spamming Trump gifs if we match. I am faggot.

idk if i should use tinder or not

or maybe bumble

Swift wrote:

idk if i should use tinder or not

or maybe bumble

Grindr.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.