Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#26 2019-03-04 18:13:00

loon_attic
Banned

Re: Jordan B Peterson

he absolutely DESTROYED the CUMMIE with LOGIC and REASON in that interview where he was asked about collective vs individual responsibility cause of the environment

collective = just an excuse for not taking responsibility and is boolsrhist

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#27 2019-03-04 18:44:05

absentinsomniac
Administrator

The problem with that line of thinking is that nothing at a mass scale ever gets done by focusing on the individual in a reasonable amount of time. Individual solutions work for individuals. If you want systemic change in a reasonable amount of time you need collective action or policy action. Often they go hand in hand, though, like if a bunch of individuals are making a change in their life by organizing... that's sorta collective action. Especially if it's being organized to try to change a law or something.

You can't just be like "poor people gotta fix themselves that's why they're poor" and never do anything to change the odds. Or like "global warming should be left to the individual to take personal responsibility for their pollution" when that obviously isn't going to make any measurable difference in the outcome. But on the other hand you don't want to leave everything in the hands of policy makers and abdicate yourself of all personal responsibility either.

Fucc

#28 2019-03-04 19:39:20

loon_attic
Banned

That makes a lot more sense.

I still don't understand why he asked her if she was better off than her grandparents.
If she was, that means she'd be relatively well off, so she can "be the change she wants to see in the world", stop being carbon positive or whatever, take personal responsibility. Cause kids in africa/her parents were worse off?
If she wasn't, what?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#29 2019-03-05 03:07:29

Fish20
sea creature
Website

meh I get it that things are different in 21st century, and also I think the Africa thing is irrelevent because it's a completely different culture and system, but things in the west are so much better than with the Greatest or Silent Generation. That doesn't mean people don't have issues but that you should actually stop blaming your problems on "fucking white males" and "patriarchy", it all circles back around to the same thing which is taking personal responsibility. Your grandpa in WW1/2 or grandma raising a family in the great depression or even further back women dying in childbirth for the sake of their family and because no birth control, that was only like 100 years ago. I mean thrid wave feminism is garbage and black people blaming many things racism and white privilege. You shouldn't be victimizing yourself. The whole cultural marxist ideology is being a victim of the cultural "Bourgeoisie" i. e. white men

Last edited by Fish20 (2019-03-05 03:09:05)

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#30 2019-03-09 02:23:38

FuckiAm30

I like him, you can tell he got no pussy though.

#31 2019-03-09 02:36:05

absentinsomniac
Administrator

he's married with kids lol

Fucc

#32 2019-03-09 02:44:16

FuckiAm30

Twas an exaggeration.

#33 2019-03-09 09:10:25

Swift
retired commo

i actually know the person who asked him the question/not veiled at all attack on that show

i agree w the overrall thrust of "there are big existential issues that we need to solve" but it's hard to see how that's the best terrain to get peterson on - given that 1. he doesn't claim to offer a solution to climate change and australian housing affordability and 2. if u wash ur benis clean room and so on you're probably going to be able to make a better impact than if u aren't organised/are ebul chaos woman or w/e

#34 2019-03-11 21:34:32

Fish20
sea creature
Website

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#35 2019-03-12 00:33:38

absentinsomniac
Administrator

lmao wow

Fucc

Board footer