Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2019-03-03 19:48:27

loon_attic
Banned

xahlee

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#2 2019-03-03 21:53:55

absentinsomniac
Administrator

Re: xahlee

This dude lived on 3 dollars a day for a while lmao: http://ergoemacs.org/misc/xah_as_good_as_dead.html

He was starting a job as a dishwasher at the time in 2013 lol. Also was interviewing for web dev jobs. I don't think he ever got a job.

Guy's obviously really fucking smart but I think he's living off 130 bucks a month from his patreon lol

Fucc

#3 2019-03-04 00:03:32

sloth
WITNESS ME

I think if you are capable of living off 130 bucks a month from patreon, you don't really need that much of a job.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#4 2019-03-04 01:07:06

loon_attic
Banned

that just convinces me further than interviews/the industry/zeitgeist are fucking evil

it's more of a social game and appearances than substance   <-------is this the kind of (:O LeFtisT??!) defeatist attitude that sabotages personal responsibility from the canadian kermit professor's point of view?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#5 2019-03-04 02:23:10

absentinsomniac
Administrator

tbh he's pretty terrible at marketing himself.

>> Bragging about correct html (but doesn't like html5)
>> Has mathematical publications and shit but barely features them on resume
>> Has been jobless for years and years
>> Hates large frameworks and what not, applies for and tries to get work as a full stack web developer
>> Bad at interviewing, barely presents any of the projects he's worked on

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence for a hiring manager vs some recent grad with internship experience and 2 web based projects he can show off and shit.

Fucc

#6 2019-03-04 04:09:03

sloth
WITNESS ME

True. But then again ... I don't like large frameworks either. I've used things like Flask to write my projects (most of which are now in data nirvana).
He does come off as a bit cocky though.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#7 2019-03-04 05:34:46

loon_attic
Banned

Really  judgmental in some cases. Hates "hackers", lol

sloth wrote:

#8 2019-03-04 14:40:39

absentinsomniac
Administrator

I mean even if you hate frameworks, if you apply for a job where the entire job description is working on said frameworks... and you openly do not like or use this framework, like... what do you expect?

Fucc

#9 2019-04-18 19:09:38

spacejew
Dude, where's my cdr?!

Oh... That guy. I interacted with him a few times. At first he seems quite intelligent and interesting, but when you talk to him a bit, you realise he's a nutjob with some strong opinions.

"When all you've got is a penis, everything looks like an anus." - Japanese proverb

Board footer