Topic: Fucking integrals

How do they work?

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: Fucking integrals

Opposite of derivative.  Plus C.

ya
but why the fuck the dx next to the function
wutisdis
wut
Only reasonable way I have of calculating them that I have is the power rule

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

The derivative is dy/dx.
You have the derivative, dy/dx = blah blah, and you're trying to find y = bladdy bleedy.
So you multiply both sides by the dx, get dy = blah blah dx, then you integrate, which is the adding up of all the little d's, and you get y = bladdy bleedy.

Oh cool. I'll mess around with that idea. Thanks.

sloth wrote: