Topic: WHAT IS THIS (Calculus help :( )

"installed" MathJax with a quick hack
AM I RETARDED

\(
\Large x = t^2 + t  \)

\( \Large y = \sin t \)

\( \huge \frac{dy}{dx} = \frac{\left( \frac{dy}{dt} \right)}{ \left( \frac{dx}{dt} \right) } = \frac{\cos t}{2t + 1}\)

\(
\huge
\frac{d}{dx} \left( \frac{dy}{dx} \right) =
\frac{d}{dx} \left(\frac{\cos t}{2t+1} \right) = - \frac{ \sin t \cdot \frac{dt}{dx} \cdot \left( 2t + 1 \right) + 2 \cdot \frac{dt}{dx} \cdot \cos t}{\left( 2t + 1 \right) ^2 }
\)

WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING
This thing is before the section of implicit differentiation... so I don't get how you can take the... SUBSTITUTION, PERHAPS. Hmm. Wait, no. Fuck. I don't get how you can take d/dx of something in terms of something else without implicit differentiation. Fuck.

The book's answer is...

\( \huge \frac{d}{dx} \left( \frac{dy}{dx} \right) = - \frac{\left( 2t + 1 \right) \left( \sin t \right) + 2 \cos t}{\left( 2t + 1 \right) ^3 } \)

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Re: WHAT IS THIS (Calculus help :( )

Some nigger shot his jizz 14 feet. If he fired the shot at an angle of 45 degrees to the horizontal, and the shot landed at the same level as it was fired, calculate the initial velocity of the shot. Express your answer in parsecs per nanoyear. Ignore the effects of air resistance and changes in gravitational acceleration with altitude.

HOLY SHIT I THINK I'M DOING IT RIGHT
dt/dx is the reciprocal of dx/dt
therefore the whole fucking thing can have 1/(2t+1) factored out and it becomes like the book answer afonasofsanfl eureka

It. Was. Fucking. Implicit differentiation before the implicit differentiation section.

Assholes. My book has all kinds of mistakes on it, too... for the answers and stuff.

Calculus is weird.

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

Oh God we're doing that dy/dx shit in Math except I have no idea what's going on. Failing Math don't expect help from me.

Efs wrote:

Oh God we're doing that dy/dx shit in Math except I have no idea what's going on. Failing Math don't expect help from me.

why the fuck are you doing calculus if you're not in an advanced math class :(
or why the fuck are you in an advanced math class if you're not good at it, and in high school :(

They sound like extreme assholes. Try khan academy, maybe.

do you get that it's rates of change and all of that shit? Did you do the \(\large f'(x) = \lim_{h \to 0} \frac{f(x+h)-f(x)}{h} \) shit?

I might be able to help you, lol. Have they at least given you all the rules of differentiation such as the power rule, quotient rule and chain rule?
It's pretty mind fucking, I agree.

sloth wrote:

Lunatic wrote:
Efs wrote:

or why the fuck are you in an advanced math class if you're not good at it, and in high school :(

do you get that it's rates of change and all of that shit? Did you do the \(\large f'(x) = \lim_{h \to 0} \frac{f(x+h)-f(x)}{h} \) shit?

I might be able to help you, lol. Have they at least given you all the rules of differentiation such as the power rule, quotient rule and chain rule?

I am in an Advance Math class. I only chose it because at the start of the year I was thinking of doing CompSci which requires this class. Next year I'm just gonna do standard math.

Nope I haven't done any of that shit. What you said sounds like gibberish to me except lim means limit theory I think that's all I got
I'm gonna stick to non-Math problems.

Efs wrote:
Lunatic wrote:
Efs wrote:

I am in an Advance Math class. I only chose it because at the start of the year I was thinking of doing CompSci which requires this class. Next year I'm just gonna do standard math.

Nope I haven't done any of that shit. What you said sounds like gibberish to me except lim means limit theory I think that's all I got
I'm gonna stick to non-Math problems.

kill your teachers for me
Sadly, I don't know of any decent self-studying calculus sources except maybe books and the khan academy. dy/dx means instantaneous change of y over instantaneous change of x. d is like a small delta
If you have an equation y, which is \( y = x^2 \), then dy/dx or y' (two notations for the same shit) is an equation that gives you the slope at each point in y.
http://www.google.com/search?q=y%3Dx%5E … p;ie=UTF-8
Notice that the slope of x^2 would be 0 at x=0, and 2x at x=0 is 0... 2x is the derivative (dy/dx) of x^2.
I hope that at least makes some sense :\

With this:
\(\large f'(x) = \lim_{h \to 0} \frac{f(x+h)-f(x)}{x+h-x} \)
You 're basically just finding what the slope of a tangent line would be inafasflsa
i'll expand later i'm tired and shit
fuck it

sloth wrote:

my brain just exploded

is this shit even applicable in real life

Kneel down to me, pathetic mortals.

bulgarianlion wrote:

my brain just exploded

is this shit even applicable in real life

Short answer is no
Man I already forgot most of that shit l0l if this was 2 years ago luna I could have helped.

and you totally need calculus to find the integral of of of processor dies and for() loops

well differential calculus can be applied to sound shit and stuff
and fucking physics. acceleraton is the derivative of speed, speed is the derivative of position.
Anything related to electrical engineering uses tons of this shit. Also signal processing.

you won't need it if you're a plebeian, no

sloth wrote: