Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-06-13 03:30:40

Fish20
sea creature
Website

Androids

When do you think these will be smart and cheap enough to be mass produced?

Will they enslave humanity like in so many Sci-fi books/movies/games?

What will they be used for? Cleaning? Socializing? Sex?

Will they eventually replace human labor causing our economy to suffer?

Will they still exist when humans die out?

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

#2 2012-06-13 04:25:16

RAWN PAW

Re: Androids

Within our lifetimes.
If the people who make them are Genre Savvy, no chance.
EVERYTHING.
Maybe. Or just make a completely different type of economy.
Depends on how humanity dies off.

#3 2012-06-13 04:54:40

Maelstrom
Gagiit

I'm guessing the first functional ones will be available for the rich in the early 2030s, and for the middle class in another decade, give or take a few years.

They wouldn't enslave us if they became sentient and rose against us, since they'd be better workers in the first place. My guess is that they would keep us alive to be used as guinea pigs for scientific testing, or wipe out all of humanity.

First, I could see them doing mundane jobs such as housekeeping,  working in retail, mining,
manufacturing and culinary jobs. As their intelligence
increases, they could become the overseers of our world, running all forms of economics, political decisions, and technological research. Who knows, maybe the first robotic unions will lead to Skynet ;)

The white collared worker will be just fine and dandy,

but the world could be a dark place for the blue-collared. Yet again, maybe our technologies will face limitations against the creativity and innovation of a hard human worker with extremely dexterous hands.

If humans die out from something like an epidemic or drastic weather changes due to climate change, then I don't see why not, as long as the androids are autonomous. On the other hand, nuclear warfare is probably the most likely way to seal our fates, and the EMP blasts would cripple any electronics within the radius of a pulse. Maybe in the future, there'll be some way to protect these machines with ease, but a modern day perspective tells me otherwise.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#4 2012-06-20 07:25:18

bulgvar
Hamburgers are glorious

Bulgaria already developed an Android. Just look at him:

http://www.dnes.bg/video-cocktail/2011/ … ini.133776

Watch the video

Kneel down to me, pathetic mortals.

#5 2012-06-20 07:26:08

loon_attic
Banned

itsa ?????

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#6 2012-06-20 07:26:38

bulgvar
Hamburgers are glorious

Lunatic wrote:

itsa ?????

Whatever. Isn't it pretty?

Kneel down to me, pathetic mortals.

#7 2012-06-20 16:02:09

sloth
WITNESS ME

Murder would get so easy...want to have somebody dead? Just reprogram one of the Androids working for him. Hence wireless and everything, I think it might be possible. And, all the evidence you have to delete is on a damn Computer. I could think of nothing better!

And yes, they will work for us. And we will get decadent. Guess its for the best. I bet you will find more fat humans when they are established.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God wrote:

A surprising amount of insight can be gleamed from sitting on the toilet. More concerning, however, is the amount of nostalgia. neutral

When in doubt, move north. God bless suomi.

#8 2012-06-21 00:56:23

absentinsomniac
Administrator

androids.jpg

Fucc

#9 2012-06-21 01:04:50

RAWN PAW

aCol wrote:

Murder would get so easy...want to have somebody dead? Just reprogram one of the Androids working for him. Hence wireless and everything, I think it might be possible. And, all the evidence you have to delete is on a damn Computer. I could think of nothing better!

Electronic forensics is a thing, for one. Many very intelligent criminals and hackers are still arrested.

For another, I doubt it will be easy at all to reprogram an android. It's likely to be heavily encrypted, possibly with the keys only possessed by the corporations making these things. If an open-source standard is made, it will, no doubt, have heavy encryption as well, possibly biometric scanners. If it doesn't, well, the person who rooted his android and installed it is a retard.

absentinsomniac wrote:

androids.jpg

Robot fetishists are gonna have a very nice time very soon.

#10 2012-06-21 01:29:33

Maelstrom
Gagiit

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#11 2012-06-25 17:50:24

Saphir

"I can carry out directives might find, distressing, or unethical."

And that's the part where I start getting a tad worried.

#12 2012-06-25 18:19:19

stadium

Hasn't scifi taught us anything?

Robots are fucking evil

KEEP SCROLLING BITCH

#13 2012-06-25 20:44:29

OG-Kirby

There's two things when thinking androids: 1) appearance; and 2) AI. There will probably be an extremely realistic looking, feeling, smelling, etc. robot in the next few decades. It will probably not be intelligent.

I watched an interesting documentary a while ago with some AI researchers in it. One guy said that any type of strong AI or at least something convincing will not be human. It will not be something that we design like in books and movies. It'll be more like Skynet with less destruction involved.

#14 2012-06-25 23:35:05

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Just think of all the rich, lonely neckbeards who will never have to date a woman.

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#15 2012-06-26 02:22:29

stadium

OG-Kirby wrote:

There's two things when thinking androids: 1) appearance; and 2) AI. There will probably be an extremely realistic looking, feeling, smelling, etc. robot in the next few decades. It will probably not be intelligent.

I watched an interesting documentary a while ago with some AI researchers in it. One guy said that any type of strong AI or at least something convincing will not be human. It will not be something that we design like in books and movies. It'll be more like Skynet with less destruction involved.

Until they become self aware and realize humanity can never be perfect like they are and proceed to kill us all.

On another note, a sex robot would be epic for everyone

KEEP SCROLLING BITCH

#16 2012-06-26 05:38:14

Fish20
sea creature
Website

stadium wrote:

On another note, a sex robot would be epic for everyone

No, I would rather not have sex turn into boring, like how prostitutes must feel.

There are no clear way to learn it unlike html and css who are actually funny to learn and explore.

Quotes:

sloth wrote:

Hold your head down and you won't get hurt. You'll get exploited, abused and spit on, but hey at least you're safe. Fuck that. I have one life to live, and I'll live it my fucking way. Go on. Stand in my way. See what happens. See what happens when a good guy snaps.

sloth wrote:

There are cemetery for living people. They are called "cubicles". And "assembly line". And "McDonalds". And any other full of shit job you can think about. It's where you are dying every day so you can live on a few select days of your life. If you're not to powered out from working.

loon_attic wrote:

everything is shit and people love it because they're hipster masochists or something

absentinsomniac wrote:

she said to eat her out w/ an ice curbe but nah goodnight lol

Board footer