Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-06-29 17:47:27

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Prosthetic limbs: the real-life Deus Ex

This is a TED talk on how a team has developed a ground breaking series of circuitry and neurological wires that is revolutionizing the world of prosthetics. I'll add more onto the thread in a few hours.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvwTlbj1Y8[/video]

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#2 2012-06-30 08:08:35

Efs

Re: Prosthetic limbs: the real-life Deus Ex

This stuff is pretty amazing, I bet they shed some light on those who suffered the traumatic experience of losing a limb. I was even thinking of getting into biomedical engineering.
I'll watch the rest of the video later. But I have one question, is the outter part made of a hard metal which can be used to knock people out? I know it sounds stupid but it'd be awesome if the arm was super tough lol

#3 2012-06-30 16:24:21

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Re: Prosthetic limbs: the real-life Deus Ex

From what I've heard, they're developing a prosthetic limb with a type of exterior carbon fiber coating that could increase a soldier's power to that of a chimpanzee. MIT and DARPA are making it.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

Board footer