Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-07-13 16:36:47

Obama
Banned
Website

Ron Paul or Barack Obama?

Do you prefer Ron Paul or Obama?

Barack Obama - president of the United States of America (USA)
barack-nov-4.jpg

#2 2012-07-13 16:53:56

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

Re: Ron Paul or Barack Obama?

Ron paul is the lessor evil though he still sucks and I don't trust him and obama... No comment.
They both suck..

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#3 2012-07-13 17:57:06

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

Ron Paul is a pretty cool guy. He's more honest than any politician I've ever seen and his ideas match up with mine more than any candidate that's went for a major party's nomination, except maybe Gary Johnson. That said, Ron Paul isn't really running anymore and doesn't have a chance even at the convention.

I'll be voting third party.

The Grasshopper Lies Heavy

WsEkePS.png

#4 2012-07-13 19:05:54

loon_attic
Banned

HeartofShadows wrote:

Ron paul is the lessor evil though he still sucks and I don't trust him and obama... No comment.
They both suck..

this

sloth wrote:

Comfy does not provide challenge, challenge provides success, success provides happiness. Our world is not comfy, although we tried to make it so. Slaves of our own inventions, yada, yada. Not only on a technological level, also on a social and political level. Nothing more but apes. Apes with psychosomatic disorders.

#5 2012-07-13 19:15:19

Derchin

I'd pick Paul, but since he's out more or less, I'd go for Obama.

Generally, I'm voting for the least repulsive candidate. I'm not overly happy with Obama, in particular, but Romney is far worse.

"Remember, misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort."

#6 2012-07-13 22:16:46

bulgvar
Hamburgers are glorious

rawn paw 2012

Kneel down to me, pathetic mortals.

#7 2012-07-13 23:18:48

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Obama is a smug, narcissistic tyrant who thinks he knows what's best for 300 + million people. Romney is a cookie-cutter puppet. Unfortunately, the notions of fighting for a future of liberty and the destruction of the nanny state seems to be lost on many voter, who will simply vote for Obama again.

Call me a mindless sheep, but Paul was one of the remaining few politicians that fight for their people. Maybe the worsening economy will bring out true heroes, ones who do not tax little Joey's lemonade stand or violate amendments in the name of "national security". We can only hope for a better future, as infantile as that sounds.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#8 2012-07-13 23:36:59

HeartofShadows

Maelstrom wrote:

Call me a mindless sheep, but Paul was one of the remaining few politicians that fight for their people. Maybe the worsening economy will bring out true heroes, ones who do not tax little Joey's lemonade stand or violate amendments in the name of "national security". We can only hope for a better future, as infantile as that sounds.

https://buelahman.wordpress.com/2011/12 … ulsterity/

https://buelahman.wordpress.com/2012/01 … e-whitney/

http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2012/06/ … -paultard/

Last edited by HeartofShadows (2012-07-13 23:42:18)

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#9 2012-07-14 02:21:02

Swift
retired commo

Probably Ron Paul, even though he's an idiot too.

#10 2012-07-14 05:36:28

Maelstrom
Gagiit

Some opinions besides that of one blogger would be interesting to see, but thanks for posting those things. It's so easy to get caught up with the false promises of men in suits. I'm just to ignorant towards how the US governmental systems operate, so thanks for bringing a new viewpoint to the table.

I am not attracted to the right angles or to the straight line, hard and inflexible, created by man. I am attracted to free-flowing, sensual curves. The curves that I find in the mountains of my country, in the sinuousness of its rivers, in the waves of the ocean and on the body of a beloved woman... - Oscar Niemeyer

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#11 2012-07-14 05:38:33

Maelstrom
Gagiit

It's so damn easy to overlook a charismatic man's mistakes and dark qualities when he uses the "great big adjectives" that Obama uses in his speeches.

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#12 2012-07-14 14:55:48

HeartofShadows

Maelstrom wrote:

Some opinions besides that of one blogger would be interesting to see, but thanks for posting those things. It's so easy to get caught up with the false promises of men in suits. I'm just to ignorant towards how the US governmental systems operate, so thanks for bringing a new viewpoint to the table.

Ron paul even though it looked like he had a good chance to win he then drops out of the race and begs for money so if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.
What I believe Paul was doing was he was making an effort to get more of his family in political positions starting with his son like george bush did.

Mark Twain

#13 2012-07-14 23:17:02

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

HeartofShadows wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:

The guy that wrote it is an obvious supporter of the welfare state and that's why he doesn't like Ron Paul. There are fundamental philosophical differences. That's doesn't make Ron Paul the same as Obama or Romney. In fact, there is a world of difference in rhetoric and action between Ron Paul and all the two major party candidates. People are just so cynical that they can't imagine another human being might be sincere.

Those government programs change the character of a people. They make them dependent on the government. That's not a good thing, period. It might not be the best idea to completely do away with those programs all at once, but something should be done.

Now, I'm not saying Ron Paul has never told a lie, or that he'll solve all our problems. He's not perfect. I don't agree with him on everything. I might actually get pissed at some of his policies if he was elected President. In all actuality, Gary Johnson is more like me than Ron Paul, but he had less of a chance than Paul did.

(Also, just as an aside, nepotism doesn't bother me one bit.)

WsEkePS.png

#14 2012-07-15 00:44:19

gore
*looses shit internally*

HeartofShadows wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:

Basically what Wes is saying.

I'm not a Paul fanatic, but these arguments here are BS. In a nutshell its "Herp, derp, Ron Paul isn't taxing the shit out of everyone he must only care about rich people." I'm going to take a wild guess this was made by a left wing Obamatard.

366.gif
my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcMLs … CNoiL7eX1g
my deviantart: http://purpledrank666.deviantart.com/

SS official oldfaf.
fuck SS
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed" -SilentCynic

"Honestly censorship Is good though it protects women and children" -Absent

"Not everybody think the free market be like it does, but it do." -white economics man

#15 2012-07-15 01:19:42

Maelstrom
Gagiit

gore wrote:
HeartofShadows wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:

Basically what Wes is saying.

I'm not a Paul fanatic, but these arguments here are BS. In a nutshell its "Herp, derp, Ron Paul isn't taxing the shit out of everyone he must only care about rich people." I'm going to take a wild guess this was made by a left wing Obamatard.

He did mention the bandwagon effect, going from Bush to Obama to Paul. I guess in situations like this, it's just important to educate yourself to all the facts you can find, and to separate the lies that the followers make up. Being self-aware and intelligent when it comes to politics can be quite an investment to make, at least for some people.

sWe0ITL.jpg?2

#16 2012-07-15 01:32:36

HeartofShadows

The guy that wrote it is an obvious supporter of the welfare state and that's why he doesn't like Ron Paul. There are fundamental philosophical differences. That's doesn't make Ron Paul the same as Obama or Romney. In fact, there is a world of difference in rhetoric and action between Ron Paul and all the two major party candidates. People are just so cynical that they can't imagine another human being might be sincere.

Those government programs change the character of a people. They make them dependent on the government. That's not a good thing, period. It might not be the best idea to completely do away with those programs all at once, but something should be done.

Now, I'm not saying Ron Paul has never told a lie, or that he'll solve all our problems. He's not perfect. I don't agree with him on everything. I might actually get pissed at some of his policies if he was elected President. In all actuality, Gary Johnson is more like me than Ron Paul, but he had less of a chance than Paul did.

(Also, just as an aside, nepotism doesn't bother me one bit.

I wouldn't say anything against nepotism either as I would put the ones i care about over anybody as well.

Wouldn't say he is an obvious supporter of the welfare state more than he is a moral fag who gives a damn about kids or other people who would get fucked up the ass from those sorts of changes. Now lets get it straight that its not doing with the programs that irks me as I come from a chaos belief sort of family(do for yourself and get by on your own strength of your brow) but its just that ron went on about getting the military out and we look and see he has no problem cutting social programs while he only cuts 15 percent military spending which told me all I need to know on Mr Paul.

Not a capitalist like yourself Weswammy but I would like to see the social programs go away to just so it would knock another plank from under the american people and they could maybe follow in the footsteps of the greek citizens on getting independent and if not that then the butthurt and suffering it would cause many the majority.

I don't live in the big city so the crime waves that would emerge because of this wouldn't bother me too much til later but Wes I would watch out.

Last edited by HeartofShadows (2012-07-15 01:33:14)

Mark Twain

#17 2012-07-15 01:39:40

HeartofShadows

Gore if you actually red the third link you would know he is not an obamatard either.
he hates all politicians equally.

Mark Twain

#18 2012-07-15 01:58:56

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

HeartofShadows wrote:

(Also, just as an aside, nepotism doesn't bother me one bit.

I wouldn't say anything against nepotism either as I would put the ones i care about over anybody as well.

Wouldn't say he is an obvious supporter of the welfare state more than he is a moral fag who gives a damn about kids or other people who would get fucked up the ass from those sorts of changes. Now lets get it straight that its not doing with the programs that irks me as I come from a chaos belief sort of family(do for yourself and get by on your own strength of your brow) but its just that ron went on about getting the military out and we look and see he has no problem cutting social programs while he only cuts 15 percent military spending which told me all I need to know on Mr Paul.

Not a capitalist like yourself Weswammy but I would like to see the social programs go away to just so it would knock another plank from under the american people and they could maybe follow in the footsteps of the greek citizens on getting independent and if not that then the butthurt and suffering it would cause many the majority.

I don't live in the big city so the crime waves that would emerge because of this wouldn't bother me too much til later but Wes I would watch out.

There would have to be a myriad of other things accomplished before welfare could be eliminated. Even so, there's so much fraud, waste, and such that I bet cutting a good third out of welfare wouldn't hurt anybody if there was also a way to keep a lot of the people that cheat from cheating. Everybody knows somebody that games the system. I do.

Heck, there's been welfare reform before and people didn't starve on the streets or rob places.

WsEkePS.png

#19 2012-07-15 02:30:17

HeartofShadows

Wes wrote:

There would have to be a myriad of other things accomplished before welfare could be eliminated. Even so, there's so much fraud, waste, and such that I bet cutting a good third out of welfare wouldn't hurt anybody if there was also a way to keep a lot of the people that cheat from cheating. Everybody knows somebody that games the system. I do.

Heck, there's been welfare reform before and people didn't starve on the streets or rob places.

Yeah but not everybody games the system and some rely on it.
Also just because they didn't then doesn't mean they wouldn't now what with the government doing it best to stomp out independent farming and other ways people can do for themselves I wouldn't see any other ways people would go to support themselves.
Also don't say "just get a job" as its not that simple these days Mr Capitalist.

Mark Twain

#20 2012-07-15 02:57:41

SilentCynic
Administrator

I've decided not to close this topic, even if it is an arabfag topic; It has quality posts pertaining to the original topic.

#21 2012-07-15 03:16:33

HeartofShadows

\

SilentCynic wrote:

I've decided not to close this topic, even if it is an arabfag topic; It has quality posts pertaining to the original topic.

All hail the almighty admin slash mod(thanks).

Mark Twain

#22 2012-07-15 03:34:09

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

HeartofShadows wrote:
Wes wrote:

Also just because they didn't then doesn't mean they wouldn't now what with the government doing it best to stomp out independent farming and other ways people can do for themselves I wouldn't see any other ways people would go to support themselves.
Also don't say "just get a job" as its not that simple these days Mr Capitalist.

I agree, it's not an overnight deal to get rid of welfare and also keep most people from getting hurt. It could still be cut back some now a least in some less important programs. Even so, there'll be a few people who go through a hard time no matter what you do. It can't be helped.

WsEkePS.png

#23 2012-07-15 03:53:06

HeartofShadows

Wes wrote:
HeartofShadows wrote:
Wes wrote:

I agree, it's not an overnight deal to get rid of welfare and also keep most people from getting hurt. It could still be cut back some now a least in some less important programs. Even so, there'll be a few people who go through a hard time no matter what you do. It can't be helped.

Society always has to have losers.
I wouldn't mind it if the government wasn't so entrenched in people's business.
Not just the independent farmers they are after but they are also after people who are off grid living now as they pull that house doesn't meet government requirements bullshit and they give you huge as hell fines you have to pay or tear the house down.

At this point the social benefit programs are all thats left though you have a point.

Mark Twain

#24 2012-07-15 04:23:22

TheWake
Illuminatus Sacerdos

HeartofShadows wrote:
Wes wrote:
HeartofShadows wrote:

Society always has to have losers.
I wouldn't mind it if the government wasn't so entrenched in people's business.
Not just the independent farmers they are after but they are also after people who are off grid living now as they pull that house doesn't meet government requirements bullshit and they give you huge as hell fines you have to pay or tear the house down.

At this point the social benefit programs are all thats left though you have a point.

Farmers get tons of government assistance compared to other industries, especially big farmers. If there wasn't government aid, we'd see a resurgence of small farms. I'm not against big farms myself, but the market should work itself out. And independent farmers can't slaughter their own meat and sell it or sell unpasteurized milk (which I think it's sill to drink, unsafe, but to each his own). It's stupid. As long as people know the meat is home slaughtered and milk raw, hey should be able to make the choice.

And off grid living I also think is crazy, but if people want to do it they should be able to. I see what you're saying. The government blocks off ways for people to live alternate lives so they have to be dependent on government.

WsEkePS.png

#25 2012-07-15 04:39:42

HeartofShadows

Not selling it. They are trying to live off of it and you still need a business license apparently to grow your own shit otherwise its illegal. overall we agree though.
I would agree to get rid of the social programs but only if people had other means and options to take care of themselves.

living in rural places isn't to bad if you aren't to domesticated.

Last edited by HeartofShadows (2012-07-15 04:42:47)

Mark Twain

Board footer