Dank n Edgy

The dorkest, edgist forums known to puny hoomans

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to DnE, the online psych facility. (Run by the inmates, for the inmates.)

#1 2012-07-16 05:49:49

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

Iceland Has Hired An Ex-Cop To Hunt Down The Bankers That Wrecked Its

If you were involved in Icelandic high finance in the runup to the recession, you might want to start watching your back.

That’s because the government has appointed a white collar crime bounty hunter who wants to haul your behind in (alive, to be sure).

LeMonde reporter Charlotte Chabas has a profile of Ólafur Þór Hauksson, a former local police lieutenant whom the Iceland government appointed to track down individuals likely to have helped sink the country’s banking sector during the credit crunch.

Hauksson’s job description, according to PressEurop’s translation of the piece:

“On one hand, we have to investigate all suspicion of fraud and offences committed before 2009, on the other hand, we bring the lawsuits against the suspects to court ourselves,” Hauksson explains. This is a ‘totally new’ method which allows the investigators to “follow the case” and the judicial system to “know the cases like the back of their hand”. This is indispensable in order “to compete with the well-prepared defence attorneys”.

Hauksson oversees a posse of 100 researchers to help track down outlaws. He’s netted some major convictions since starting in 2009, including the former chief of staff of the country’s finance minister on insider trading charges. Many others await their day in court, Chabas writes.

And he will track you down even if you’ve fled abroad.

“Searches continue and the team pursues its investigations abroad in the foreign subsidiaries of the Icelandic banks and includes questioning foreigners,” Chabas writes. ” ‘We enjoy full international cooperation,’ stresses Olafur Hauksson.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/iceland- … omy-2012-7

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#2 2012-07-16 05:58:38

RAWN PAW

Re: Iceland Has Hired An Ex-Cop To Hunt Down The Bankers That Wrecked Its

Damn, that's pretty nice. It probably won't have the desired effect, and it might just be a sham, but I'm glad something's being done to nail the people who fucked up their economy.

#3 2012-07-16 06:19:48

HeartofShadows
What do you know of... Cthulhu?

RAWN PAW wrote:

Damn, that's pretty nice. It probably won't have the desired effect, and it might just be a sham, but I'm glad something's being done to nail the people who fucked up their economy.

Yeah I figure this won't go anywhere but its lulzy.

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never bothered me a bit."

Mark Twain

#4 2012-07-16 08:07:24

Swift
retired commo

In Iceland they have an app to make sure people don't fuck their cousins.

True story.

#5 2012-07-16 10:23:02

Efs

SwiftEscudo wrote:

True story.

Oh man I'd definitely fuck my cousin she's so hot.

#6 2012-07-16 12:21:31

gore
*looses shit internally*

I don't think one little cop is going to get anywhere going against the bankers. If any other countries eventually get their shit together this could get interesting.

366.gif
my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcMLs … CNoiL7eX1g
my deviantart: http://purpledrank666.deviantart.com/

SS official oldfaf.
fuck SS
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed" -SilentCynic

"Honestly censorship Is good though it protects women and children" -Absent

"Not everybody think the free market be like it does, but it do." -white economics man

#7 2012-07-16 18:20:39

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

SwiftEscudo wrote:

True story.

Almost no one in Iceland has the same surname, not even those in the same family, and most that do are unrelated. People in Iceland take their surnames from their father's first name and their gender. For example: "Efsdottir" would be the surname for Efs' daughter, and Luiz's son would be "Luizaosson". Also Iceland only has a population of 318, 000 nearly all of which live in Reykjavik or the cities neigbouring it.

a.

#8 2012-07-17 06:47:17

Efs

RammsteinFearFactory wrote:
SwiftEscudo wrote:

True story.

Almost no one in Iceland has the same surname, not even those in the same family, and most that do are unrelated. People in Iceland take their surnames from their father's first name and their gender. For example: "Efsdottir" would be the surname for Efs' daughter, and Luiz's son would be "Luizaosson". Also Iceland only has a population of 318, 000 nearly all of which live in Reykjavik or the cities neigbouring it.

I really didn't know that and found it quite interested. I even proved it by searching for the Iceland national football team and they all have sson as their surnames..lol that's awesome

#9 2012-07-17 20:03:06

RammsteinFearFactory
A new era has begun.

Efs wrote:
RammsteinFearFactory wrote:
SwiftEscudo wrote:

True story.

I really didn't know that and found it quite interested. I even proved it by searching for the Iceland national football team and they all have sson as their surnames..lol that's awesome

I looked up stuff about Iceland because I miss someone who lives there... :(

a.

Board footer